• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

GABEN! 😠

Did someone forget it was Tuesday?

Dammit Steam! I'm trying to install GalGun here!

Valve Headquarters

ol4xlJy.jpg

Annubis

Gal*Gun Protip #1

If you plan on playing Mouse & Keyboard, go check the control settings because they only explain the controller ones in the tutorial.

ArjanN

If BGaE2 is an NX exclusive it will be fun reading all the angry replies from people who never gave a shit about the first game.

I loved the first game but it's not like I'm going to buy an NX fot the sequel. Even if I was still buying consoles, Nintendo have really made a great console since the SNES.

Tizoc

Sf5 was fundes by sony wasnt it?
Same scenario here
Like zombi, ubi is gonna releaee it on other platforms
Theyd be losing sales if they made it a ninty exclusive regardless of how good the nx ends up being

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
As of today, I can no longer consider myself a part of SteamGAF, as I've made my first purchases in GOG:

DsjXiFE.png

I look forward to trying all these games in 2036, when school will no longer be a thing in my life.

You should've bought more Interplay games to get -90% on all of them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Runestone Keeper -- MB-A6234B1B8627B629 - Taken by Shalashaska
Devil Daggers -- MB-178A851FD14339FB - Taken by Vazra

AHA-Lambda

Anyone remember Blues and Bullets?

Well there have been murmurs for a while on the game's Steam forum page that the game has been cancelled (changes noted on staff social media channels and such), now with a user claiming to speak to a source that it has been cancelled.

To surmise our conversation regarding Blues and Bullets, they told me that they haven't been called in for work on the project in about a year, said that the studio has completely run out of money due to a failed mobile port, and that the company has no full time employees. So, no more Blues and Bullets episodes, the game is done.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/378660/discussions/0/350542683203154457/

The game devs have now stepped in and had to state it's not been cancelled, but that they're facing "difficult times", and that's pretty much the first thing they've said since episode 2 came out 6 months ago.

'No, Blues And Bullets is not cancelled […] We are passing through difficult times, but the game is not cancelled. If we cancel it we will advice, don't worry.'
https://twitter.com/CrowdOfMonsters/status/780430230230040577

I can't say I'm confident this one will see completion frankly =/
It's a damn shame cos it was off to a promising start.

EDIT: FWIW, Steamspy has put the game at 38k owners, but that does not distinguish between people who have bought just the first episode (which has been bundled and heavily discounted) and full season owners.

EDIT 2: huh,

The studio is closed that's the information i have(despite the website is up) and i can't say who tells me that.Well see if this is true or not and the game continues.

I'm wondering if this is thread worthy now actually.

So did EA really say that BF 2142 is abandonware? Is there a news story about this?

Because I'am about make a thread on gaming side and I'd hate for me to to get shut down a project like BF2 & 2142 :(

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
EA would never claim any title is abandonware, for both legal and business reasons. Other people might, fan project groups might, but EA will not.

Anyone remember Blues and Bullets?

Well there have been murmurs for a while on the game's Steam forum page that the game has been cancelled (changes noted on staff social media channels and such), now with a user claiming to speak to a source that it has been cancelled.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/378660/discussions/0/350542683203154457/

The game devs have now stepped in and had to state it's not been cancelled, but that they're facing "difficult times", and that's pretty much the first thing they've said since episode 2 came out 6 months ago.

https://twitter.com/CrowdOfMonsters/status/780430230230040577

I can't say I'm confident this one will see completion frankly =/
It's a damn shame cos it was off to a promising start.

EDIT: FWIW, Steamspy has put the game at 38k owners, but that does not distinguish between people who have bought just the first episode (which has been bundled and heavily discounted) and full season owners.

EDIT 2: huh,

I'm wondering if this is thread worthy now actually.
Bummer. I only really care about it because Geralt's VO, Doug Cockle, voices the protag, but it's still unfortunate.

Sorta related, it's been cool seeing all of these indie takes on Telltale's cinematic adventure games. As much as I loathe the formula at times, I can't deny that it's always a lot of fun to play.

Nabs

PC gaming is pretty cool. I picked up Shogo for a few bucks, and it plays beautifully after a few quick fixes. I dropped a few files from dgvoodo2.5, grabbed a widescreen fix, and took a few minutes to set up a perfect Steam Controller config. Not bad at all.

As of today, I can no longer consider myself a part of SteamGAF, as I've made my first purchases in GOG:

DsjXiFE.png

I look forward to trying all these games in 2036, when school will no longer be a thing in my life.

I just bought stuff on GOG for the first time as well! Freespace 2 and Shogo.

Feel like an addict. The second I close my eyes I'm seeing spikepoles and dangling on cliffs. I should pause Spelunky. Been doing nothing but trying to go to hell. At least I figured out a good tactic. Staying friendly at first and going all berserk once I got my hand on enough bombs and a shotgun, or at latest in the black market. Got several great runs that way.
I probably will put it on hold though. It's sapping too much lately. Maybe some dumb action game like Ryse is a good counter-game.

Drayco21

Really enjoyed Giant Bomb's coverage of Blues and Bullets; it seemed like a neat little B-tier game that I would've really enjoyed when it was finished. What a shame.

Accoun

The duels get more fun as you go on really, I liked the last few, also trying to shoot a chicken and then your opponent in the arcade duel mode is really challenging to do.

Well, just beaten the game and didn't really start lo like them. Rest of the game was very good, though. The last level kinda felt like quite a difficulty spike, but I still had lots of fun..

Anustart

Nearing the end of Wolfenstein. What a fantastic game. Even contemplating buying the expansion which I almost never do.

Can't wait for that teased sequel if it's happening.

I am independantly confirming that, yes, Rebel Galaxy is still a whole lot of fun. If they make a sequel and expanded upon some of the galactic events, RPG stuff, and ship stats, they could turn it into the ultimate spaceship game. The core concept is just so fun.

It still impresses me that RG was made with a tiny development team. I want to say it was 1 or 2 people, but can't remember exactly.
Really enjoyed Giant Bomb's coverage of Blues and Bullets; it seemed like a neat little B-tier game that I would've really enjoyed when it was finished. What a shame.

Apparently their QL ended like 5-10 minutes before the end of that first episode, lol.

Backlogger

lol wtf GoW4 pre-load wants 80 gb? That can't be right?

Nearing the end of Wolfenstein. What a fantastic game. Even contemplating buying the expansion which I almost never do.

Can't wait for that teased sequel if it's happening.

Do you mean the stand alone expansion? If so, then do it. Its in some ways better than the original game! Both are really good.

Pixieking

Banned
Valve has apparently removed the store page button from games' community hub pages. I still don't understand why they removed the option to go to a game's store page when you right click its grid in your library.

The Store Link is still there for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Community Hub, as well as Stellaris's. Maybe a bug, or accidental removal related to the Store Refresh?

Potato.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The God's Chain -- MB-E38D156390F9392F - Taken by illusionary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom