• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

I like the armour system. Less cheesiness.

The leveling makes you feel like you're improving and I mean if it is like first game you won't get higher then level 25 which is like killing everything. Even friends.

Mivey

Nah. You can be level 10 against a level 6 in this game, if you aren't geared you're done because of the stupid armor system.
Works both ways, so far. There are enemies with a lot more physical armor than magical, and vice-versa, forcing you to concentrate your attacks to exploit weaknesses. It's also nice that certain effects, like knock-down seem a lot more likely to happen if physical armor has been pierced. Fighters also have abilities to get back armor.
Nice system so far, though I could see it becoming kind of a drag late game.

BasilZero

AC Origins will use Denuvo too

hXTUh76.png

http://store.steampowered.com//eula/582160_eula_0

Damn

Steam, uplay AND denuvo? 😂

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-70D340BFBB534726 - Taken by illusionary. 21 entrants total.

t1505675888z1.png

yuraya

77k concurrent for DOS2 right now. Only the big 3 are ahead of it :O

Crazy in this day n age such a hardcore and deep crpg does those numbers.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Today?

The game network has always been crap for me and the dev has always been completely unhelpful with this issue. I don't recommend the game.

Damn it, I msised it :(

EDIT: A humblebundle. Sadly it doesn't have the already discount price for SEA region Steam has.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Of Orcs And Men -- MB-7C03A9D94FD3DC75 - Taken by Pafnucy
Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can -- MB-507BC44C9863C96D - Taken by ussjtrunks
Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks -- MB-920695FDC1B2FB57 - Taken by voodooray
Day D: Tower Rush Plus 2 DLC -- MB-651EEB57E525E134 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
FORCED: Slightly Better Edition -- MB-480EA3CCD1A23695 - Taken by abelasabel
Fort Defense -- MB-AEBE87C6659FD5BA
Good Robot -- MB-0BA425E8EF902E17 - Taken by fspm
Gray Matter -- MB-AA3998515AFF115B - Taken by Nabs
Gryphon Knight Epic -- MB-385F4ED59EEC93D8 - Taken by Orakio Rob
King of Dragon Pass -- MB-202A780F52E9E8F0 - Taken by TetraxShards
Little Farm -- MB-82871E2BAB535114 - Taken by texhnolyze
Luxor 3 -- MB-EBCFB42DE5DAFF55 - Taken by user237
Midnight Mysteries -- MB-7129331022F6E477 - Taken by fuzzy123
NotGTAV -- MB-233D6962B7570FD5 - Taken by Madn
Novus Inceptio -- MB-ED6E38862D568880 - Taken by Eila
One More Dungeon -- MB-0A07322CE1AA0627 - Taken by rainking187
PURGATORY -- MB-1F60E88C33E11531 - Taken by septicore
Pickers -- MB-7C6DDC635A47E13C
Puzzle Agent -- MB-DFADD16E470B3166
Shadow Blade: Reload -- MB-302B786B64FD4349 - Taken by nightstorm
Tempest -- MB-B9CD0CB13B935841 - Taken by sadblob
Warhammer Quest -- MB-3C7605202932FE0C - Taken by Purkake4

Grief.exe

77k concurrent for DOS2 right now. Only the big 3 are ahead of it :O

Crazy in this day n age such a hardcore and deep crpg does those numbers.

PUBG, Divinity Original Sin 2 stand out as extremely impressive, but something interesting that is creeping up is the serious legs of Rainbow Six

hk2gKAK.png

MUnited83

For you.
Oh nice. I was going to pick it up off Humble for $2 but forgot to pull the trigger. edit: I might still do that. This bundle doesn't do much for me.

I recommend King of Dragon Pass. And you can always sell the others on the Group Buys group.

"Download codes can only be redeemed on Nintendo eShop in American Countries. They will not work on European or Japanese Wii U or Nintendo 3DS devices."

ModBot said:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Orakio Rob, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Retro City Rampage DX (3DS) -- MB-2FEAD034B2E7E551 - Taken by Tonton. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) -- MB-E9CB239DBFAE387C - Taken by Battlechili1. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U) -- MB-A1C702852DCD9297 - Taken by gabbo. 1 entrants total.

t1505671811z1.png

Hektor

Didn't knew Larian hired Bethesda's software engineers.

The game's crashing for me everytime i reload a save while ingame because of bloated savefiles.

RIP Quickload

Eila

Whatever happened to the PC port of Powerslave?

Pretty sure it was released and then quickly taken down. I think I got to download it. Guy who worked on it had been busy working on the official Turok 1 and 2 ports. He's probably working on another official release. Maybe Turok 3.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What has Night Dive been up to since Turok 2? Besides the System Shock remake, I mean.

They released Sexy FMV game "Tender Loving Care", but not much besides. It seems like both having grabbed a lot of the low hanging fruit and having pivoted most of their resources towards System Shock, they are not able to sustain the pace they once were.

gabbo

I'm really glad for Larian's success. I'm only in the first act, but the game is incredible thus far.

I'e heard this game is basically a must for co-op? Having only played one of their previous titles, how true is this? I usually rpg alone.

Thorgal

So ive always wondered :

When the only Antialiasing options in a Game are either FXAA, MLAA or SMAA. which one should one pick as best ?

Lanrutcon

Works both ways, so far. There are enemies with a lot more physical armor than magical, and vice-versa, forcing you to concentrate your attacks to exploit weaknesses. It's also nice that certain effects, like knock-down seem a lot more likely to happen if physical armor has been pierced. Fighters also have abilities to get back armor.
Nice system so far, though I could see it becoming kind of a drag late game.

Enemy armor totals rapidly become inflated to the point where generic mooks sport more than twice the armor your characters do. That ratio just gets worse as the game progresses.

It's just so tedious.

I'm really glad for Larian's success. I'm only in the first act, but the game is incredible thus far.
Even after I was playing Divine Divinity and Divinity II, I was hoping they'd really knock their next game out of the park and gamers would reward them for it.

I love gaming success stories.

Arulan

I'e heard this game is basically a must for co-op? Having only played one of their previous titles, how true is this? I usually rpg alone.

I haven't tried co-op yet, to my disappointment, though from following the game I know they went far and beyond the already great co-op in the first game. The game can be played just fine solo though. One of the main draws of playing co-op however is for your player companions to follow their own motivations for their character and can act independently, sometimes directly opposed to that of your own. I'm looking forward to starting a co-op campaign when me and my friends can really dedicate time to it, but I also want to play solo to enjoy the game at my own (slow) pace.

illusionary

I won this as a mystery gift, but I already have the game so am re-gifting:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Bits -- MB-70D340BFBB534726

t1505687189z1.png

I really wish they'd allow you to change your account sign in name.

My sign in is from 13 years ago and my account name is now my old dead name before I transitioned to female. I hate seeing it pop up every time I log in.

And apparently not even the staff can change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom