• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Duo -- MB-5140C39DC9A2E71F - Taken by Eila
Earth Space Colonies -- MB-FA5174E9DD0F3B3B - Taken by texhnolyze
God of Arrows VR -- MB-06B2856A93C6B203 - Taken by Sarcasm
Henry the Hamster Handler -- MB-CE76ED732B8C6797 - Taken by rainking187
Wacky Wings -- MB-59F62531D3E0532A - Taken by bobnowhere

Been stuck with my laptop (w/ integrated graphics) for awhile. At least Divinity 2 OS is playable and looks decent enough on medium textures and everything else set to low.

Atlus Japan are a bunch of dumbos. I really do feel bad for the folks at the USA branch. I'm pretty sure their thinking doesn't fall in line with their higher ups at Japan.

wazoo

Not only that Atlus doesn't want to port games to PC but now they are going after RPCS3 emulator. They apparently told them to remove all Persona 5 info (screens, compatibility info, videos...).

https://www.reddit.com/comments/72cfkp

I do not know any company that will positively support any emulator action. Do not see any special anti-PC move here.

Atlus does not hate PC, they just do not acknowledge its existence in their own japan-centric world, that is a difference.

MUnited83

For you.
I do not know any company that will positively support any emulator action. Do not see any special anti-PC move here.

Atlus does not hate PC, they just do not acknowledge its existence in their own japan-centric world, that is a difference.

False, false, and completely and utterly false, and you might want to actually research before saying things that aren't true.

No company has ever pulled this shit.
Atlus has constantly showed how much they are against PC at every turn.

I mean it's hilarious you even say "they do not acknowledge its existence" when that was what they literally just did.

I'm glad I don't like much of Atlus stuff, I wouldn't want to support them, they are actively against PC gaming and don't deserve my money for their shitty, cut down table scraps they call "ports". There are hundreds if not thousands of developers that are releasing great PC games that don't get a fraction of the talk or publicity that those clowns at Atlus get. It's a real shame overall and such an archaic way of thinking. I would have no problem if they just didn't release anymore PC games, like they so eagerly want to do in the first place it seems.

gngf123

Just to throw this out there - Atlus USA are actually somewhat Pro PC. It's Atlus Japan that is the problem, and unfortunately the way Atlus is structured seems to make it nearly impossible for Atlus USA to get the message across.

It's the same thing with the whole no streaming allowed on PS4 for Persona 5 thing. Old men at Atlus Japan who still believe the internet is evil and PC is for pirates get to make decisions everyone else goes along with.

Deques

When you attempt to activate a duplicate key, you can query the account it's tied to, presumably so you can rule out having activated it on an alternate account. The e-mail isn't related to account security in any way.

Does it have a purpose at all? It only confuses the license holders when someone else queries these messages

So another 40 games appears to be removed from my Steam Library count on my profile (but not my actual library) so what might it be this time?

I "lost" five games, I wonder which games got removed

wazoo

No company has ever pulled this shit.

Square asked for removal of Crisis Core translation, before putting an HD port. you can always dream about a PC port of P5 considering their action against the emulator did not concern other Atlus games, like Catherine, only P5.

Sarcasm

So what happened to archisteam farm?

Noticed it stopped updating, went to the site to download the newest, and I see a ton of more files.

It got more complex and need to look at it when I get home.

wazoo

I'm glad I don't like much of Atlus stuff, I wouldn't want to support them, they are actively against PC gaming and don't deserve my money for their shitty, cut down table scraps they call "ports". There are hundreds if not thousands of developers that are releasing great PC games that don't get a fraction of the talk or publicity that those clowns at Atlus get. It's a real shame overall and such an archaic way of thinking. I would have no problem if they just didn't release anymore PC games, like they so eagerly want to do in the first place it seems.

What an interesting post. You would not buy their game anyway, so why bother to post ?

gngf123

Square asked for removal of Crisis Core translation, before putting an HD port. you can always dream about a PC port of P5 considering their action against the emulator did not concern other Atlus games, like Catherine, only P5.

Catherine would be of much lower concern to them these days. Atlus are extremely protective of their Persona cash cow.

Also, Atlus have repeatedly said that under no circumstances will a PC version of P5 ever exist. Something that a RPCS3 developer has since commented on as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does it have a purpose at all? It only confuses the license holders when someone else queries these messages

The one I mentioned in my post, at least. ;)

I "lost" five games, I wonder which games got removed

All of Zonitron Productions' games were removed from the store and the Steam API's master app list.

wazoo

So another 40 games appears to be removed from my Steam Library count on my profile (but not my actual library) so what might it be this time?

Are you sure they are games ? It could be some unwanted entries (like UT SDK or thing
s like that) that pollute our library.

wazoo

Also, Atlus have repeatedly said that under no circumstances will a PC version of P5 ever exist. Something that a RPCS3 developer has since commented on as well.

Angry RPCS3 forced to clean his website is not a valid source, you know.

I am curious of this "under no circumstances", have you any link ?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I think you must mean Type-0 but the comparison is moot anyway; translations are derivative works (which have a more limited set of rights) under copyright law, while emulators are explicitly allowed. I am not aware of any past case where a game's publisher went after the makers of an emulator for plain fair use of their game's name or screenshots. Sony did sue in the bleem! case, but that was suing on the basis that emulation itself was illegal, nothing to do with the games, and they ultimately lost.

What an interesting post. You would not buy their game anyway, so why bother to post ?

Because I feel like expressing my opinion on the matter? You posted your opinion, I posted mine I'm not sure why mine is any less post worthy. There just isn't a whole lot of Atlus games I like, not there never was any or never will be in the future.

Damn they cleaned house, and I still think Absconding Zatwor is the coolest and dumbest game name on Steam (was on Steam now I guess...).

wazoo

Because I feel like expressing my opinion on the matter? You posted your opinion, I posted mine I'm not sure why mine is any less post worthy. There just isn't a whole lot of Atlus games I like, not there never was any or never will be in the future.

Except I would buy P5 on PC. But you are right you can express your opinion.

sadblob

So what happened to archisteam farm?

Noticed it stopped updating, went to the site to download the newest, and I see a ton of more files.

It got more complex and need to look at it when I get home.

It had a major update, went from 2 to 3 and Archi decided to make that update manual to force users to read and understand there were major changes, and ensure everything is OK.

There's a lot of info on the update and his decisions here.

I have to agree with you with this, I struggle playing through any Persona or SMT games, because they bore me to death, I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

wazoo

I I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Persona is an interesting RPG. Still you have the fans of the genre that want to play it on PC and you have the fans of the PC platform that just are here to claim another victory for the cause.

If we end up with Atlus ports of same qualities than KT games, why bother ?

MUnited83

For you.
Persona is an interesting RPG. Still you have the fans of the genre that want to play it on PC and you have the fans of the PC platform that just are here to claim another victory for the cause.

Because infinite forward compability, higher resolution, and modding are still some pretty good advantages?

Ascheroth

Atlus ports would very likely be pretty good, because SEGA Europe would likely be responsible for them and SEGA Europe know what they are doing with PC ports.

Sarcasm

It had a major update, went from 2 to 3 and Archi decided to make that update manual to force users to read and understand there were major changes, and ensure everything is OK.

There's a lot of info on the update and his decisions here.

I just did the basic thing, what other functions can I do?

Tomasety

There is an article on Eurogamer about humblebundle. I clicked on the link (to monthly bundle) in the article and now when i open HB page i see this:

W0bfRtR.png

Also there was a text saying something like: "Thanks for supporting Eurogamer, you can choose how much money goes to Eurogamer every time you make a purchase on HB." or something similar to that.

My question is, how can i remove this from my HB account?

I'm sorry for the last answer.
If I were you I wouldn't remove the referral on your HB account it, as I personally like very much Eurogamer, but if you want to do it, you just need to delete your HB browser cookies.

I have a 50% off Even the Ocean coupon available if anyone wants it. I'm not steam authenticated though so I guess there will be a trade delay?

Tizoc

Steam Cleaner STILL crashes on me when I run it. Seems to be an issue with how it goes about reading where such files are located and then it crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom