• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam Cleaner STILL crashes on me when I run it. Seems to be an issue with how it goes about reading where such files are located and then it crashes.

You can do 90% of what Steam Cleaner does by searching your SteamApps folder for _CommonRedist and deleting the folders. The other 10% you can mop up by looking up each installed game on SteamDB, clicking "Configuration" and then deleting whatever files are listed in the "Run process" section.

Tizoc

Ruiner is out in 5 hours, spend your hard earned cash on that.
My hard earned cash is already spent.
gENGGAh.png

I'll consider it, but I am also getting Cuphead :S

Tizoc

You can do 90% of what Steam Cleaner does by searching your SteamApps folder for _CommonRedist and deleting the folders. The other 10% you can mop up by looking up each installed game on SteamDB, clicking "Configuration" and then deleting whatever files are listed in the "Run process" section.

Muchos Gracias <3

Bought Divinity: Original Sin 2 through GOG, and kinda regret not getting on Steam after an update debacle yesterday. I noticed that the game kept downloading a 2,8GB again and again, and failing to install it. It didn't try and reinstall the downloaded patch, but actually downloaded it again.

That was in GOG Galaxy. So I thought, fuck it, and wanted to download the patch and install it manually from GOG instead. Turns out there was only one patch available, and it of course didn't match my installed version of the game.

Remembered that GOG Galaxy had tried to update itself then. Restated the client and got that message again. Googling didn't help, so I instead followed the clients suggestion to download the installer for itself. Which of course failed when I tried to run it, since it said I had that version installed. Which I didn't.

So I ended up having to uninstall the client, install it again, and.....the D:OS2 failed again. Just sat and stared at it, and then suddenly, one attempt to update the game just worked.

I usually love GOG, but this was a less then stellar experience.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That was in GOG Galaxy. So I thought, fuck it, and wanted to download the patch and install it manually from GOG instead. Turns out there was only one patch available, and it of course didn't match my installed version of the game.

Yeah, while developers can patch their games instantly via Galaxy a la Steam, CDPR itself still handles the redist side of things, so there remains a delay there.

Edit:
Anyone doing an OT?

Nobody's claimed it, but Kvik made a banner if you'd like to whip something up yourself. That may seem daunting, but OTs don't have to be gaudy PR brochures.

Edit: Oops, never mind.

Parsnip

Is this a game where a high school girl lives in a fantasy world?
I think that's like the plot of 90% of modern anime, except that it's a highschool dude and the rest of the cast are waifus and maybe like an old dude.

There's also a possibility of somekind of a sentient animal.

Tizoc

Crom be with you, with that much despair in front of you.

Rise and Shine, Ursine!
is a great track.
As always DR games tend to start slow mainly so you can get to know the cast etc., so I'll try to soldier through as I get to know these weirdos but man the
Monokubs
are already winning me over

Persona is an interesting RPG. Still you have the fans of the genre that want to play it on PC and you have the fans of the PC platform that just are here to claim another victory for the cause.

If we end up with Atlus ports of same qualities than KT games, why bother ?

Uhhh, why bother releasing anything at all? All things can end up being bad.

Okay...so does anyone know how to stop the Steam website from logging me out every minute? I am trying to sell cards and I literally did not even change pages from my inventory page and it crashes and I refresh and I am logged out of steam and I have to reauthenticate with the stupid phone app.

Maybe this is an enhanced steam thing? or another script.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dark Arcana: The Carnival -- MB-D55F6D64E5DDB154 - Taken by Orakio Rob
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood -- MB-3D3B235BCF6181BF - Taken by Vuze
Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala -- MB-A407F7D572590649 - Taken by Kifimbo
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-0CE7E3C24692E648 - Taken by ctw0e
The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams -- MB-5D7B22F3B1293DA9 - Taken by voodooray

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Okay...so does anyone know how to stop the Steam website from logging me out every minute? I am trying to sell cards and I literally did not even change pages from my inventory page and it crashes and I refresh and I am logged out of steam and I have to reauthenticate with the stupid phone app.

Maybe this is an enhanced steam thing? or another script.

Try a different browser? This used to happen with me all the time on Firefox a few years back.

Tizoc

The Good Life reminds me of how depressing real life is:

IRHd2Tv.png

1.5 Mil is a pretty big figure, and IMHO the art for the character models isn't that good.
I still think a publisher could pick it up by the end of campaign though.

wazoo

Uhhh, why bother releasing anything at all? All things can end up being bad.

Atlus does not care about PC market. If they do port, it will be a result of pressure from Sega. Not a good sign for caring about the quality of the port.

They also never port anything to PC, unlike Platinium. First port could be hit and miss, and if this game is P5 :(

I am all for P5 on PC since I only play there. But confidence is not here.

The Good Life reminds me of how depressing real life is:

Well, if the game press doesn't seem interested in reporting it, and it's not immediately clear what kind of game it is, then funding is always going to be tricky.

If you don't work in genres with a big crowdfunding audiences, and/or you can't find fans among gaming journalists, then you have big task ahead of you to market the project.

I haven't backed it myself, because I know very little of the creator.

Deques

I am using Chrome now, I will try Firefox.

Have you tried to disable addons to see if they are doing the evil's work? Maybe try a fresh profile. Changing browser is not a solution to fix a problem.

That's like saying you are changing wife, because she doesn't remember your birthday :p. It's a bad metaphor, I know

Aaron D.

I will. Even if I'm feeling like the man stuffed to the brim in the Monty Python restaurant skit with RUINER being the wafer thin mint that ruins me with games this month.

LOL, yeah.

I feel like I've already spent too much over the past couple months in spite of still having my eye on Heat Signature. I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but now I'm sitting on top of D:OS2, WotC, West of Loathing, Slime Rancher, NMS, Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn, and more. It's madness, I tell you. Madness.

Good thing I have zero interest in tent-pole, holiday AAA releases.

But another thing.

Blue Reflection doesnt have Cloud saves. How incompetent do you have to be to not specify the savefolder in the SteamAPI. Its like 2 clicks...

Have you tried to disable addons to see if they are doing the evil's work? Maybe try a fresh profile. Changing browser is not a solution to fix a problem.

That's like saying you are changing wife, because she doesn't remember your birthday :p. It's a bad metaphor, I know

Hmm thought it was the addons but I deleted them and it still logs me out, although it appears less. AH! selling cards is so much work.

Hmm.. have you tried with a fresh chrome profile? Do you have other userscripts active, try disable those

Okay I deleted everything from Chrome and it hasnt logged me out in a few minutes but now I need an extension to sell my cards... what was the other extension that wasnt Steam Inventory Helper?

Edit. Nevermind, it just logged me out, I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom