• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here's a random question for you - something I've been wondering about. Are there any games on Steam that you categorically refuse to buy, even though you could? Or is everything pretty much fair game for eventual acquisition?

Unlike Xelios, I have no principles. ;) (He refuses to buy the OSX version of Black Ops because it's the one and only exception to SteamPlay.)

I've seen like 2 Bionicle movies. I thought the lore and the universe was pretty awesome as a kid. I wouldnt mind a co-op adventure game based on it. Where you can upgrade and customize your guardian.

This was pretty badass when I was 13.

Yep. Open world island, collectible masks and upgrades, the 6 playable characters, decent story and enemy design... I'd be there day one.

Lego games aren't the greatest, but they're good fun, I'd trust TT Games to make a good Bionicle game.

kudoboi

goddamit couldnt resist that discount

rylufO5.png

my exams starts 5 days after that too. RIP leaving examinations

Shadownet

Banned
http://mobile.siliconera.com/all/2013-11-27-plans-new-hack-game-works-says-cyberconnect2-ceo#1

This article was from 2013.. Sigh.. At this point I would take an HD remake of. Hack//G.U. trilogy on Steam.

Plans For A New .hack Game Are In The Works Says CyberConnect2 CEO

Earlier this year, .hack makers CyberConnect2 held a special event, where CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama shed some light on a possible .hack development in the future. It looks like that future might be coming sooner than expected, as he has revealed that the company is already working on plans for a new .hack title.

During a recent event to commemorate the first year anniversary of CyberConnect2’s Guilty Dragon, an iPhone/Android game that is in some way connected to the .hack universe, Matsuyama stated that the service for Guilty Dragon is going smoothly, and that if players continue supporting the game, it will increase the chances of releasing a new .hack title for PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita, a Vita version of .hack//G.U., or an HD remake of .hack and more.

“CyberConnect2 have already begun the planning for the latest installment of the .hack series, and it’s only a matter of time until we can make it a reality,” said Matsuyama at a recent art event, adding that CC2 are currently preparing for that time to come, and he hopes to continue seeing fans support Guilty Dragon and the developer.

Siliconera previously spoke to Matsuyama, and he confirmed that Guilty Dragon will be coming to North America and Europe “later on,” so when that happens, you might also be able to help make a new .hack a reality.

Volimar

Jase, you're gonna have to change avatars again soon. Every time I see that one I just stare and I swear I'm losing time.

dreamfall

That new thread feeeeel, excellent as always!

I keep meaning to post more, but stuck in the upgrade to a 970/980 debacle. I want to pull the trigger, just keep shying away!

Vibranium

Banned
Aww crap, Far Cry 4 and AC: Unity are $70 Canadian on GMG, screw Ubisoft. I'm not paying that overblown amount, and for a uPlay code, hope this isn't a trend. Good thing I'm getting FC4 on PS4.

With the whole regional pricing crap, perhaps buying keys off of people is going to be the way to go for me, I keep trying to ignore this but it gets in my face haha.

Shadownet

Banned
Yo i would get that G.U. HD collection day 1.

Maybe they're still working on the new game? I mean they can't just be working on Naruto this whole time...right? ;-;

Well there's been rumor of a .Hack// game since like 2012. And a small game did came out in the form of a fighting game that tied into an animated movie..

But sadly I feel like its true. They're way too focused on Naruto and abandoned their other IP like .Hack//.. Naruto games make them a lot of money.

But we can only hope another .Hack// game is coming out. That was like half of the reason why I bought a PS3. Beside Kingdom Hearts 3.

It was soo good playing as Haseo in Xth form.

Edit: I was 1 click away from buying AC:Unity yesterday for full price on Steam. But then I remember that it is Ubisoft here. Who haven't made an excellent AC game since Brotherhood.

Going to wait for that early reviews before I jump in. But the anticipation is killing me. We all know the PC version will most likely be delay as well.

Computer errors make me want to curl up into a ball and cry.

At least Steam will never betray me.
And if it does... the .blob can fix everything.

mannerbot

Brrr, installed windows 8 and I can't install GFWL. No more Dark Souls for now then I suppose.

What's the issue? Not sure from your post whether you know that you're supposed to uninstall the GFWL that comes with Windows 8 and reinstall the one from Microsoft's website (or if you tried that and for some reason it's not working).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Isn't GFWL supposed to be gone for some games soon?
Yeah, but I was mostly focused on playing Dark Souls and I have no idea when that will be patched.
What's the issue? Not sure from your post whether you know that you're supposed to uninstall the GFWL that comes with Windows 8 and reinstall the one from Microsoft's website (or if you tried that and for some reason it's not working).

Yeah well i did all that but the sign-in assistant refuses to be installed now which makes it pretty impossible for me to use it at all.

i had so many issues with steam in the past 6 months.. even reinstalling steam didnt fix them

Delete the .blob, massage the blob, or cower before the .blob! Manipulating the .blob file is the only surefire way to fix Steam.

All hail the .blob.

Now that I think of it, I recall that they phased it out a while ago. We're all doomed!

mannerbot

Copons

I woke up to the new thread title, a disappointing game from UFG and this:

Chicken, bacon, pineapple reporting in for GOAT pizza toppings

WTFCANTUNSEE

This is what a fucking GOAT pizza looks like:

sorry for the colors, but in that moment I didn't give a damn about taking a nice photo as I was literally drooling all over the phone

1) mother dough
2) tomato sauce
3) extra virgin olive oil
4) mozzarella (or buffalo mozzarella)
5) basil
6) ???
7) PROFIT

I should clarify that I'm one of the only Italians who actually doesn't loath US pizza, but really, GOAT pizza is the simplest pizza. It all depends on the ingredients quality and even more on the pizza chef skills.

Sorry for the OT, but hey you're talking about GFWL. :p

WTFCANTUNSEE

sorry for the colors, but in that moment I didn't give a damn about taking a nice photo as I was literally drooling all over the phone

1) mother dough
2) tomato sauce
5) basil
6) ???
7) PROFIT

I should clarify that I'm one of the only Italians who actually doesn't loath US pizza, but really, GOAT pizza is the simplest pizza. It all depends on the ingredients quality and even more on the pizza chef skills.

A plant appears to have taken a dump on your pizza, FYI.

WTFCANTUNSEE

1) mother dough
2) tomato sauce
5) basil
6) ???
7) PROFIT

I had Neapolitan pizza for the first time recently and it was great!! It's 3:30 in the morning, but now I want to eat some ;_;

Copons

Best pizza is Hawaiian pizza.

Chicken, bacon, mushroom, and pineapple.

If you search "Chicken, bacon, mushroom, and pineapple" on Google, the entire first page talks about skewers. Smh.

A plant appears to have taken a dump on your pizza, FYI.

It's called basil and has a magical property consisting in the fact that if you don't like it (and I'm not its greatest fan too) you can simply move it aside, no harm done. :D

I had Neapolitan pizza for the first time recently and it was great!! It's 3:30 in the morning, but now I want to eat some ;_;

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about!

Shadownet

Banned
GAF, someone come and go get some sushi and Chinese food with me for lunch tomorrow. I have a craving.

On something more steam related.

Shadow of Mordor is coming out September 29th while Sherlock Holmes is on the 30th.

I can't contain my excitement.

Jimrpg

baterism said:
Almost the same with Indonesian price. The Philippine and Thailand also got local currency support with good price. Singapore got 1=1 conversion, not the best deal but still cheaper than us price it seems.
Steam really looking into ASEAN market, rejoice brother!

Ah I see. I think its fantastic. Game prices are really too expensive for anyone here to buy, so getting what seems like a 33% discount on the US prices is brilliant. its almost a 50-60% discount on Australian prices. Games that would have cost about $70-80 retail are only $30 in comparison in Malaysia.

Hopefully this means more people buy games here.

Now I need to take advantage of these prices somehow during the Christmas Sale when I'm back in Australia on holiday. I don't want to be paying Australian prices then otherwise it kind of makes the sale a bit redundant.

Call me old fashioned but I like my pizza without some damn salad dressing or leaves on it thank you. Pepperoni or bust m8.

In Steam related news, I'm debating on playing more Sniper Elite 3 or starting Murdered: SS, I need something once I'm finished with Fable Anniversary to tide me over until Shadow of Mordor, decisions decisions...

Shadownet

Banned
Call me old fashioned but like my pizza without some damn salad dressing and leaves on it thank you. Pepperoni or bust m8.

In Steam related news, I'm debating on playing more Sniper Elite 3 or starting Murdered: SS, I need something once I'm finished with Fable Anniversary to tide me over until Shadow of Mordor, decisions decisions...

I heard Murdered is not that long. So I would go with that since you have like 9 days left till Shadow of Mordor come out.

Bad news for Dragon the Game. The Early Access release has been delayed to November 7 because of quality concerns.

They mention in the post that they lost some team members leading up to release, which is not filling me with a lot of confidence right now.

In spite of this, I hope they can pull through and deliver DRAGON THE GAME in its FULL DRACONIC GLORY.

Not much into Hawaiian style pizza, gimme dat Chicken Ranch doe
65.jpg

Wait... ranch sauce on a pizza?

I can't handle this. I'm out.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I should clarify that I'm one of the only Italians who actually doesn't loath US pizza, but really, GOAT pizza is the simplest pizza. It all depends on the ingredients quality and even more on the pizza chef skills

image.php

you Italians!! ;)

aku:jiki

It's...pretty common. As a dipping sauce and sometimes as the pizza sauce itself.
I'm sure putting some ranch, some syrup, a few sugar cubes, a couple of cheeseburgers, a bag of gummie bears and an entire bottle of Mountain Dew on a pizza is common in America, but we're talking about good pizza here.

Shadownet

Banned

You guys should try steamed burger. Its like sex in your mouth.

They melt the cheese in the same steamer while steaming the patty.
It's also healthier than a normal burger since most of the fat is drained away in the cooking process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom