• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Pacman more about awareness than reflexes though?

At least with Pac Man CE it's even more handling stuff when you zone out aka anti-awareness. You look at the screen, bright colors flash all over and still you are busting 40 ghosts ever 10 seconds with speed 50.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just played some Nosgoth for the first time, hoping that Playfire thing will work out.

it's not bad, at least that's my impression through one match

Humans vs Vampires, so you basically have a L4D style competitive multiplayer going on, but in deathmatch instead of a campaign setting.

Apparently it's set in the Legacy of Kain universe or something. i should really get around to playing those games.

Miguel81

Just played some Nosgoth for the first time, hoping that Playfire thing will work out.

it's not bad, at least that's my impression through one match

Humans vs Vampires, so you basically have a L4D style competitive multiplayer going on, but in deathmatch instead of a campaign setting.

Apparently it's set in the Legacy of Kain universe or something. i should really get around to playing those games.

I recommend:

Blood Omen - Best story in the series. Activision has it on lockdown for PC, so go PSN.
Soul Reaver 1&2 - Popular amongst fans, especially the first.
Defiance - Gives you some closure. Some.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just sold my X360 stuff. The bloke who was supposed to show up yesterday didn't get back to me, so I relisted it last night. Unfortunately it's a public holiday today so I can't deposit the money 'til tomorrow.

Corpekata

Banned
I recommend:

Blood Omen - Best story in the series. Activision has it on lockdown for PC, so go PSN.
Soul Reaver 1&2 - Popular amongst fans, especially the first.
Defiance - Gives you some closure. Some.

PS port of Blood Omen has ridiculous load times, makes it nearly unplayable these days unless you're the patient type. Better off just hoping it ends up on GOG some day.

Miguel81

PS port of Blood Omen has ridiculous load times, makes it nearly unplayable these days unless you're the patient type. Better off just hoping it ends up on GOG some day.

Good point. It might just put him off the entire series.

Just sold my X360 stuff. The bloke who was supposed to show up yesterday didn't get back to me, so I relisted it last night. Unfortunately it's a public holiday today so I can't deposit the money 'til tomorrow.

If I was down under, I would have taken it off your hands just to replay Ninja Gaiden II. Steam hasn't gotten those games...yet.

JaseC

Gotta remember to get this game before the sale ends @_@ Are traders offering 1 TF2 Key for it by any chance?

There are currently no cheap copies floating around, so you'll have to ask someone to buy it for you, but I'd say you'd be looking at 3.5/4 keys.

zychi

Banned
What did you sell and how much did you get? Im thinking of selling mine soon but i use windows media center to watch and record tv in my non-computer room. If the new windows wireless displaya adapter ends up working well, im selling my 360

Tellaerin

Imagine a AAA Pac Man game

With a triple-A budget, you could actually have in-game graphics that look like the boxart.

pacman_atari800_manua8cu1i.jpg

Whether or not that's something anyone would want is another question entirely. >.>

JaseC

What did you sell and how much did you get? Im thinking of selling mine soon but i use windows media center to watch and record tv in my non-computer room. If the new windows wireless displaya adapter ends up working well, im selling my 360

60GB console + 2 controllers + 20 old games (the most recent one is Gears 3, which is almost three years old at this point) for $160. I had it listed at $180 and would have sold it at that had the first bloke not changed his mind; the second bloke wanted to buy it at $140, so I offered to meet at the middle, which he accepted. I would have held firm at $180 but I wanted it all gone before the 6th (all in all the stuff took me a week to sell).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
60GB console + 2 controllers + 20 old games (the most recent one is Gears 3, which is almost three years old at this point) for $160. I had it listed at $180 and would have sold it at that had the first bloke not changed his mind; the second bloke wanted to buy it at $140, so I offered to meet at the middle, which he accepted. I would have held firm at $180 but I wanted it all gone before the 6th.

Well, you can buy two new Ubisoft games with that.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Pay day today! Time to resist buying more games into the next sale. I have Alien Isolation already purchased and waiting for release date, that'll have to keep me going!

I do not like Halo Spartan Assault.

I keep playing Halo Spartan Assault.

I do not wish to keep playing Halo Spartan Assault.

I will probably finish Halo Spartan Assault.

At what cost...

It's just a middling twin stick type top down shooter with short levels that are long enough to be INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING TO DIE IN, AND HAVE TO RESTART THE ENTIRE THING BECAUSE THERE ARE ZERO CHECKPOINTS + Halo sound effects, and a "story" focusing on characters that no one cares about.

Ugh.

Teppic

Garbage.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Tropico 3 -- MB-999B74E60ECB5B38 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-B9850C13E58BC767 - Taken by agniswarm
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-B4A931CE8575DF52 - Taken by agniswarm
Bridge Constructor Playground -- MB-85CCAEC2499B4FC9 - Taken by JustLynx

Tizoc

At what cost...

It's just a middling twin stick type top down shooter with short levels that are long enough to be INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING TO DIE IN, AND HAVE TO RESTART THE ENTIRE THING BECAUSE THERE ARE ZERO CHECKPOINTS + Halo sound effects, and a "story" focusing on characters that no one cares about.

Ugh.

Go get Raiden III or Ikaruga and play that instead.

Or go get Neo Contra off PSN and be despaired it isn't a twin stick shooter.

Miguel81

That FFXIII Steam thread certainly has legs. I could only imagine if Bamco announced that they would putting the Tales series on Steam. That would Quadruple the page count.

Tizoc

That FFXIII Steam thread certainly has legs. I could only imagine if Bamco announced that they would putting the Tales series on Steam. That would Quadruple the page count.

I'd only want Zesteria and Vesperia as is TBH. Xillia was OK, Graces' great gameplay is compounded by its cringy characters.

Not really, Final Fantasy is still far more popular and has an actual legacy compared to that garbage bin series.

Knurek

That's one way to say it, yea (><)

Can you imagine poor console peasants having to wait for SC since 2011?
How did you like the final dungeon? I loved how dungeon crawly it was, with passages between levels, and lots of monster chests. Pity other dungeons weren't like it, not even to optional towers...

I'd only want Zesteria and Vesperia as is TBH. Xillia was OK, Graces' great gameplay is compounded by its cringy characters.

Abyss with voiced skits.
<3 Jade Curtiss-sama <3

Miguel81

Not really, Final Fantasy is still far more popular and has an actual legacy compared to that garbage bin series.

Hehe. I've only played a bit of Symphonia on the Cube so I can't judge the series myself. I do remember Tales of Phantasia being a big deal back in the 90s for having a fully voiced song on the SNES. This fragmented mess of a collection in one place for purchase would be heaven for fans, I'd wager.

Arthea

Can you imagine poor console peasants having to wait for SC since 2011?
How did you like the final dungeon? I loved how dungeon crawly it was, with passages between levels, and lots of monster chests. Pity other dungeons weren't like it, not even to optional towers...

Abyss with voiced skits.
<3 Jade Curtiss-sama <3
What are you talking about, I'm waiting all that time?! That's so mean...
Ya, I like how they give us no use of maps for this, it's one longass dungeon. I actually like shorter ones, so I have no complains. When I think about it, I have no complains about Trails at all. Uncanny!
Wait, no, I have one, +50% speed spell, you waste one turn to cast it (on one person) and it lasts only two turns, that's a bit harsh. Other than that, no complains.

I'm Jade, btw, in case you haven't noticed, his character was made in my image (><)
Abyss on PC, would be great

But the Tales series has an actual battle system.

oh c'mon now, if anything is right with FF is their battle systems, while Tales mostly rehash the same and it's simplistic, except for ToG, it has very fun bs, too fun for Tales fans, seeing as they hate this game (><)
ToX has different bs too, but it's not fun, unfortunately.

Milamber

At what cost...

Ugh.
Wait... It's a twin stick shooter!? This changes everything!

Tellaerin

oh c'mon now, if anything is right with FF is their battle systems, while Tales mostly rehash the same and it's simplistic, except for ToG, it has very fun bs, too fun for Tales fans, seeing as they hate this game (><)
ToX has different bs too, but it's not fun, unfortunately.

I admit that was kind of unfair, but so was slagging off the Tales games as a "garbage bin series". :p The battle systems in those games keeps me consistently engaged, to the point where I'll spend time getting into battles just because it's fun. Non-boss battles in most FF games eventually degenerate to me spamming "Attack" while reading a book and half paying attention to the screen. So for me personally, I'd have to give Tales the edge there.

Milamber

I admit that was kind of unfair, but so was slagging off the Tales games as a "garbage bin series". :p The battle systems in those games keeps me consistently engaged, to the point where I'll spend time getting into battles just because it's fun. Non-boss battles in most FF games eventually degenerate to me spamming "Attack" while reading a book and half paying attention to the screen. So for me personally, I'd have to give Tales the edge there.

Yep, Tales and Valkyrie Profile active battle systems are a lot of fun with their changeable combo fight system. I want more of that on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom