• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale '16 "Post your haul" Thread- GAZE UPON THY BACKLOG & DESPAIR

Pickups:
Hand of Fate
Age of Mythology: Extended Edition
Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Doom II
Alan Wake's American Nightmares
Peggle Complete
Total Annihilation
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming

I'm very happy with this.

JC Lately

Got Stellaris, played it for 1.9, hours realized that this isnt the genre for me, refunded it, got Trails in the Sky and Pac Man CE DC+ instead.

j-wood

I snagged grim dawn. Game is awesome.

I've already gotten my 3 card drops, and I'm trying to offer a duplicate I got as a trade with another friend who has the game.

Yet in the trade window, I only have like 4 games show up under "my inventory" even though I have tons. What gives?

Don't Starve: Shipwrecked
Firewatch
Pony Island
Hatoful Boyfriend Complete Pack

I almost got the Danganronpa 1 + 2 bundle, but decided not to double dip at this time.

illusionary

I'm looking forward to perusing the rest of this thread for some good wishlist fodder. My pickups came to about £50, as I look to put my modest new gaming laptop to some good use. Admittedly most of these are at least fairly old, but they fill notable holes in my collection!

I also came close to biting on Endless Legend, but I can't quite shake the feeling that it'll be bundled before too long, plus it's been cheaper than its sale price in the past, at least for the standalone game.

In any case, here's my list:

Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den

Crypt of the NecroDancer

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition

Ghost 1.0

Age of Wonders III Collection:
Age of Wonders III
Age of Wonders III: Golden Realms Expansion
Age of Wonders III: Eternal Lords Expansion

Microsoft RTS Collection:
Age of Empires II: HD Edition
Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten
Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
Age of Mythology: Extended EditionOut There Somewhere
Age of Mythology EX: Tale of the Dragon
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition

Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition

Lucasarts Adventure Pack:
The Dig
Loom
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

RPG Heroes Bundle (just 45p for this lot, which I'll make back in card sales)
Invasion: Brain Craving
Outrage
Insincere
Elements II: Hearts of Light
Purgatory
Atonement: Scourge of Time
City of Chains
Elements: Soul of Fire
Data Hacker: Reboot
Data Hacker: Corruption
Data Hacker: Initiation

Nudull

Banned
Ys Oath in Felghana
Aliens vs. Predator 2010
Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Broforce
Volume

Would've gotten Ys Origin, but I needed to save money. :c

Spent more than I was expecting to, but not really a lot.

Bioshock Trilogy
Minerva's Den
Witcher Trilogy
Witcher 3 Season Pass
Deadspace 1 & 2
Transformers: Devastation
Skyrim: Legendary Edition

I've been all over The Witcher, and just got to Chapter 4. One of the best deals I've had so far, and I'm just getting started.

Aaron D.

ETS2 DLC: Scandinavia
ETS2 DLC: Cabin Accesories
TIS-100
SpaceChem
Shadow of Mordor: GOTY ($2.49 price glitch)

Spent around $15 total.

My smartest Steam Sale yet, focusing on what I want to play RIGHT NOW, instead of throwing money away "collecting games" or grabbing deals "too good to pass up"...In other words, games I'll never play.

I REALLY debated over DOOM at 40% off, but in the end gave it a pass as RimWorld is out in just over a week and that will be my Big Purchase for the summer months.

DSix

Banned
Space hulk Ascension
- I've been jonesing for some real Warhammer tabletop action, and this is the closest so far. It's pretty fun, but also pretty shallow and makes me wish for a real 40k adaptation. Still fun though, and perfect for bit sized missions. Don't know if I'll finish it all before getting bored of it tho (I'm already 6+ hours in).

Transformers Devastation
- The hyperbolic reactions to a potential colourful Rising made me buy it. In reality, it's just okay, nothing really good nor really bad about that game. Feels like platinum just coasting along and making its living on licences. I'm not having such a great time with it.

Verdun
- My "fuck you" to EA, and also because I was looking for a new war fps of the calibre of the original DoD mod, and Verdun delivers. Its great, immersive, and just as brutal as I was hoping for. Pretty happy of my purchase here.

Overall it was an alright use of my 28€, none of the games are left in the backlog unattended, and if I don't finish them all it will be because they wouldn't deserve it (especially transformers).

Brannon

Thought I was being conservative, then on a lark I arranged my library to display recent, and fuck me.

Life is Strange - (completely random buy, but hey...)
Axiom Verge - (why? I have this on PS4!)
Tales from the Borderlands - (heard great things about it)
Borderlands the Pre-Sequel - (...it tagged along. Damn it Jerry)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 - (I will endeavor to see this mistake to the very end)
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - (+1 Shantae)
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced - (really excited to play this)
Elliot's Quest - (getting rave reviews from GAF so why not give it a chance?)

I will play all of these.

...as soon as I'm done with the Avernum series. FUCK ME.

-Life Is Strange full season
-Crypt of the Necrodancer
-Costume Quest 1 and 2
-Verde Station
-Ink
-Refunct
-Megabyte Punch
-AI War: Fleet Command Complete Bundle
-Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal
-Six Sides of the World

Bundle shit:
-Airscape: The Fall of Gravity
-Rolling Sun
-Spaceport Hope
-AI: Rampage
-Rabiez: Epidemic

Total cost: $28.57
Steam card credit used: $11.30

I think I made it out okay. Spent a little over 30, and most of that was for Bioshock Infinite.

Ghostbusters: The Game
Please Don't Touch Anything
Her Story
Rise Of Nations
Star Wars Battlegrounds
Tembo The Badass Elephant
Bioshock Infinite + Season Pass
Zuma's Revenge
The Last Door: Season Two

I already 'beat' Her Story (insofar as I discovered all of the videos and think I sort of maybe have an idea of what happened). I've played everything but Ghostbusters and Bioshock Infinite (still waiting for it to finish loading). I loved the first season of Last Door so that should exit the backlog soon. Tembo is really fun as well, even with a keyboard.

My list:

Crypt of the NecroDancer
Punch Club
The Indie Mixtape
Dreaming Sarah
Momodora III
A Boy and His Blob
Celestian Tales: Old North - Howl of the Ravager
Ghost
Trash TV
Celestian Tales: Old North - Alternate Costume Pack
You Must Build A Boat
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy Standard Edition
Dungeons & Dragons Online Menace of the Underdark

I was surprised Puch Club got a 75% off discount and Ghost getting 50% off because it was released recently, all the other purchases were games I was already looking for.

I bought more than I expected to

Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
DiRT Showdown
Absolute Drift
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Aurora Nights
SquareCells
Loot Hound
Lyne
Rocket League DLC
Skyrim DLC

Less than $60, not bad

Prison Architect. Nothing else. It wasn't on my wish list going into the sale, but everything else on my (very short) wish list is new enough that I'm waiting for steeper discounts down the road.

I'd say a word about self-control, but that would just be hypocritical when one considers how much time I've already put into Prison Architect.

• Darkest Dungeon (because I'm in a Lovecraft mood right now)
  • Sunless Sea (I told you I'm in a Lovecraft mood)
  • Reveal the Deep (Yeah, Lovecraft again)
  • Warhammer Quest Deluxe (simple turn-based game to play while working)
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong (Loved Dragonfall, about to finish Returns, eager to try this one)

I also bought Eldritch, but even though the mood was great (the game has AWESOME sound), the gameplay was too boring for me, so I asked for a refund.

Inumbris

• Cities: Skylines
  • SpeedRunners
  • English Country Tune
  • The Beginner's Guide
  • Total Annihilation
  • Upgrade to Planetary Annihilation: TITANS
  • Life is Strange Complete Season
  • Pony Island
  • Invisible Inc. + Contingency Plan DLC
All up comes to $50.01 USD. I was pretty happy with the haul; nothing super long that will bog down my backlog too much, and a wide variety of game-types.

I'll probably grab INSIDE next week as well, so I guess you can bump that total up by $20.

megalowho

Oxenfree
Shardlight
Twilight Struggle
Epistory: Typing Chronicles
Pony Island
To Be or Not To Be
The Sea Will Claim Everything
King of Dragon Pass

Under $60. Looking forward to Oxenfree and Shardlight. Played a bunch of Epistory, needed to scratch a typing game itch.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
For those of you that bought the Link... if you are not wired for it, do it. WiFi is not that good, wired is stellar.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This steamsale was rather disappointing, because everything was on sale at once it became rather tricky to find things that I actually wanted that weren't on my wish list, and nothing really felt like it was sooo cheap that I had to have it.

So I just bought Life is Strange 1-5.

The ARMA set from Bohemia's anniversary sale. A couple games from the store. A trade. A gift. A surprisingly decent bundle (I'd basically stopped buying anything not Humble Bundle). And the 8 cent bundle.

With a new GPU coming my way I'm feel pretty good.

Bought Her Story, Hatoful Boyfriend, and Ben and Ed for my girlfriend, and since we share accounts, it's like I own them too.

My birthday was the day after the Steam sale started, so my girlfriend bought me Sunless Sea, Catlateral Damage, and Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, & Hand Grenades. I also got a copy of BattleBlock Theater from her from when she got multiple copies.

I bought HoloBall, Pool Nation VR, The Gallery - EP1: Call of the Starseed, Vanishing Realms, Firewatch, HordeZ, Space Pirate Trainer, Apollo 11 VR, and Battle Dome. They are all VR games for use with my HTC Vive, or in the case of Firewatch, related to VR (Will Smith's premiere episode of The FOO Show is with Firewatch devs).

I got Postal 2 with money made from Steam trading cards.

Subtracting Steam trading card money, the total for the games I bought for myself is $124.18. I think that is a new record for me. I have so many awesome VR experiences to play!

Xisiqomelir

3d97c4b16130e3440600e2f82de80662.png

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Surprisingly restrained - Steam sales aren't what they used to be, but then again I've got a lot of games on the go at the moment and have been buying a lot of Dreamcast stuff to complete my collection so I didn't bite on the likes of Doom.

Still, I picked up the XIIZeal / Delta Zeal double pack, Raiden IV, and Crimson Clover for very cheap. It's always hard to resist more shmups.

Total Spent: 9,99€

- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

There were a few things I wanted, but while still having a backlog, I have a few strict rules:

a) Only buying one game at a time, and not allowed to buy another until I finish that one.
b) Never buy long / rpg games if I still have one of those in the backlog. I wanted fallout 4, but... Still playing The Witcher 3.

Chuckman

Terraria
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Downwell
Stardew Valley
Peggle Deluxe
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Costume Quest 2
Shovel Knight
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth + Afterbirth Bundle
Don't Starve
Spooky Bonus
Resident Evil 4 HD
Shadow of Mordor
Bejeweled 3

Total: $80.27

This is the most I've ever spent on a Steam sale, but I'm really happy with my haul. I liked this sale better than the ones with the flash and daily sales. I had my eye on Enter The Gungeon, Ori and the Blind Forest & Firewatch, but their sales weren't that great. Hopefully next time.

Top Bottom