• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I absolutely loved Enslaved, such a beautiful game. The cutscenes in it are well acted too, thanks to Andy Serkis.

That said, I finished it on the console and found very little reason to go back to it. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow while it's still on sale just to see how good it looks on PC though. A few years is probably long enough to play through it again.

I hear you have to mod INI files in order to get 1080p and AA and stuff. You can find that info in the community area

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wasn't the goal of releasing Broken Age episodically to make as much money as possible to fund part 2?

Yeah, they ended up spending a lot more money on Broken Age than they really expected, even with how well the Kickstarter went. Doublefine is real good at going over budget to make the game they really want to make.

rtcn63

I blame Dankey Kang

tumblr_mz7jlrF8Ro1qmynffo1_500.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750005

AsylumX

I still don't understand why these types of games get banned in germany, i think people should be allowed to make the choice wether to buy it or not.

Nazis, that's why... And they don't get banned, just censored. The same thing happened to Sout Park: The Stick of Truth.

Kinyou

It's illegal to sell the game in Germany. It's not illegal to own and play it (in private) and it's not illegal to try to buy it. Just know that you'll need a VPN to start because every non-German version has an IP lock.
Ah alright. Got a little confused since Amazon UK suddenly refused to accept my order. Guess I'll try an austrian shop

Wasn't the goal of releasing Broken Age episodically to make as much money as possible to fund part 2?
Yes, but they already reached that goal quite a few months ago:
http://www.shacknews.com/article/83225/broken-age-sales-secure-funding-for-act-2-development

I have to say I'm in agreement with Sendou here. Not that Broken Age shouldn't be on sale—by all means, go ahead and discount it—but that I don't think it should have went under $15 before fully releasing. As a backer, I think it's kind of a bummer that I don't even have a release date for when the game I paid for the development of will be complete and yet it's going for almost half of what I paid already. Yes, I accepted that risk when funding it in the first place, but that doesn't make it a positive.

Should have discounted to $15 for its featured dealio. Going under that just feels unfair and kind of scummy toward backers. I don't even know when, or if, they'll release part two!

Dont get me started on the Nazi censorship stuff, I just moved to Germany from England and it does my head in.

Luckily I have a brother that can help me out (and the fact my Steam mobile still gives me the English store).

Shade

Some more old bundle fodder. Should all be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
miner wars arena -- MB-95D6EE34A11CF056 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
shadowgrounds -- MB-DD9D51FD02E151B9 - Taken by Tektonic. 7 entrants total.
warlock master of the arcane -- MB-A31D9D0B6AAFCCB8 - Taken by SpinDasher. 4 entrants total.
shadowgrounds survivor -- MB-0C677FDE0FB52E7D - Taken by trailmix16. 5 entrants total.
shank 2 -- MB-162B1F5DD9B04996 - Taken by Scorpion Soldier. 5 entrants total.
a game of dwarves -- MB-59FEADA16EEEE216 - Taken by 5w3rvv0. 1 entrants total.
tropico reloaded -- MB-F41D23FCB032FA0D - Taken by City 17. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
miner wars 2081 -- MB-23D632DD33C2B6D2
beat hazzard complete -- MB-9A09E611B37FCAE7 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 7 entrants total.

t1403985933z1.png

fantomena

If Larry and Tower of Guns is not receving any better sales, then my haul is:

Games:

The Club
Aarklash: Legacy
Hate Plus
Anno 1404
Alone in the Dark
Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
RollerCoaster Tycoon®: Deluxe
Oddbox
RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2: Triple Thrill Pack
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Wasteland
Rotastic
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000
Ricochet
Sins of a Dark Age
Lego Movie
Lost Planet 3
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
Scary Girl
PAC-MAN MUSEUM
Worms Reloaded
Beyond Good and Evil
Final Fantasy III
Painkiller: Black Edition
EvilQuest
Plague Inc: Evolved
Rush
Gyromancer
Gundemonium Recollection
English Country Tune
Fowl Space
Urban Trials
Sentinel
Altitude
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures
Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars
Defy Gravity
Bit.Trip.Flux
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
Dead Rising 3
Planetary Annihilation
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

DLC:

Fallout New Vegas: Gun Runners' Arsenal
Fallout New Vegas: Courier's Stash
Dungeon Siege III Treasures of the Sun DLC
Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Upgrade DLC
Age of Empires 2: The Forgotten
Bit Trip Runner 2 - Good Friends Character Pack

My wishlist dropped from 99 to 67 . The rest of my wishlist is just crap I want for some weird reason.

cebri.one

Nazis, that's why... And they don't get banned, just censored. The same thing happened to Sout Park: The Stick of Truth.

I get the reason why it's being censored, but again, maybe it would be a better option to give the costumer the choice if they want to buy the full version. I just don't get this is still happening in 21st century europe.

Kyougar

I still don't understand why these types of games get banned in germany, i think people should be allowed to make the choice wether to buy it or not.

Edit: I'm participating in the raffle, if i win i will pay you the cost of the game.

We had some history with violence. Soooo our dear leaders fear, that we will fall back into savagery again. Gotta protect our Image as seedplanting, peaceloving, footballcrazy, masterengeneering, internationallawabiding citizens of the World.

dot

Are we doing lists again?

also i'm really curious to see someone make a giveaway with all "poop" games

That would be funny.

derExperte

Nazi's aren't even banned, you can buy the uncut Sniper Elite 2 including the Kill Hitler DLC. It's just some symbols that aren't allowed in games, although they can be used in movies for example. Very complicated matter, too complicated to explain the intricacies right now and if someone would go to court things could change as these laws are old but no one has bothered yet.

Kinyou

What's just annoying with the new Wolfenstein is that the German translation also seems to minimize the references to Nazis. From the videos I watched they seem to never call the Nazis Nazis. Or instead of "Arian" someone just says "fine breed"

Don't think that kind of censorship ever happened before. They probably didn't have to do that, Bethesda just decided to.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a certain pink blob avatar gaffer assured me Divinity wouldnt come back

I now have to hunt you down and kill you, im sorry, but fair is fair

Sendou

I have to say I'm in agreement with Sendou here. Not that Broken Age shouldn't be on sale—by all means, go ahead and discount it—but that I don't think it should have went under $15 before fully releasing. As a backer, I think it's kind of a bummer that I don't even have a release date for when the game I paid for the development of will be complete and yet it's going for almost half of what I paid already. Yes, I accepted that risk when funding it in the first place, but that doesn't make it a positive.

Should have discounted to $15 for its featured dealio. Going under that just feels unfair and kind of scummy toward backers. I don't even know when, or if, they'll release part two!

Yeah you can apparently get it for under $4 in the Russian store. I just think when you pre-order or buy an incomplete game from someone who has 100% control over the price it's incredibly disheartening to see the product see heavy discounts even before the actual promised product is on the hands of the people who paid the biggest price. I absolutely think everyone should either use the Minecraft model (game is cheaper the earlier it is in production) or at the very least have the decency of keeping the price at the same level until final release. I guess the line of thinking is that people who jump in without seeing anyone are the biggest fans and don't mind paying more in relation to everyone else. That's probably true but developers who do this are only doing harm to themselves and this whole model in the long run. Early Access game that aren't even close to release yet still receiving discounts like 50% or more (!) are in the exact same category. Once again I know some people think this is okay but I have to say I can't count myself among those people.

I get the reason why it's being censored, but again, maybe it would be a better option to give the costumer the choice if they want to buy the full version. I just don't get this is still happening in 21st century europe.

Same reason that sex filtered in America. God forbid we show a nipple on TV, but the shows/movies that show blood and gore are A OK.

Nazi's aren't even banned, you can buy the uncut Sniper Elite 2 including the Kill Hitler DLC. It's just some symbols that aren't allowed in games, although they can be used in movies for example. Very complicated matter, too complicated to explain the intricacies right now and if someone would go to court things could change as these laws are old but no one has bothered yet.

I thought it was anything revisionist in something that isn't deemed art is banned?

derExperte

What's just annoying with the new Wolfenstein is that the German translation also seems to minimize the references to Nazis. From the videos I watched they seem to never call the Nazis Nazis. Or instead of "Arian" someone just says "fine breed"

Don't think that kind of censorship ever happened before

Yeah, it's over the top for no apparent reason. Like in the oooold game Rocket Ranger where Nazis became aliens.

Swhalen

So far I've gotten:
Rocksmith
Batman Arkham Origins
The Wolf Among Us
Metro Last Light
Metal gear Rising
The Walking Dead Season 2
Castle Crashers
Battle Block Theater
Surgeon Simulator
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
The Typing of the Dead
Tropico 4
and The Banner Saga....

My wallet :(

iosefe

thoughts and opinions

i have enough to buy Cloudbuilt and Strike Vector when it inevitably goes on sale. plus a Marlow Briggs for Giveaway

Can you guys sell me on the first too? so far i'm getting Mirrors Edge plus Sanic plus...Mega Man X? and Strike vector just looks cool

Kyougar

but we dont censor sex. It's an old thing, but it was allways: USA censors sex and Germany (Australia) censors violence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom