• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
My only complaints with bro force is that I don't like being forced to be the character I save and I don't really get the lives system.

Can anyone help me!? I would appreciate it

Have:

Summer Adventure Card 2 (2 extras)
Summer Adventure Card 7 (1 extra)

Need:

Summer Adventure Card 1, 4 and 5.

Vuze

I posted the Schnittberichte article. There is the obvious thing to replace the Swastika with the Wolfenstein Symbol, but things get hillarious. There is a guys picture replaced with a dog, Nazis are now "Regime-Leute" and poor Fritz Hausser is now Karl Hausser. Also at least one section was changed
Verbrennungsofen

Good lord, I didn't even know they had such an explicit section in the game ugh. Kinda funny how they didn't change the animation tho while they put so much effort into everything else.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Broforce is my favorite game I've bought so far.

This is why I love GAF. Never would I have even thought to get this game if it weren't for the high praise, let alone an early release.

It's not just GAF. Everybody is loving the game

iosefe

check pms :)

The generosity of a Gaf member knows no bounds
m8osAqw.jpg

Thank you kindly.

MadGear

Still have to figure how I could get my hands on the english version of that game. Apparently it would be even illegal to import.

Don't even care about the censored symbols, actually just want the english audio.

My thoughts exactly. Obviously the display of swastika is a bit problematic in video games here (and with a few exceptions this is only true for video games), but they actually went above and beyond to fuck up the german version of this game. The lock on this game is also stupid beyond believe and while the game is probably still playable int state theres no way I'm spending a single cent on it and reward them for this brilliant idea.

Don't even want to know how the german version of Doom 4 turns out ... :/

It's already on sale....just not as a daily/flash.

I'm planning on getting it for myself as well tomorrow.
my bad, I should've worded that better. I meant that it hasn't gotten a steeper discount.
It's never been lower than $5.
It's actually at one of its lowest prices currently ($5.) It could still go on a sale but even if it does and you buy it before hand you're out half a latte or something at worst.

this'll be the sale where it gets cheaper, you watch!
:( I'll just get it tomorrow lol

anyone knows how it runs on Windows 8.1? older games tend to have trouble working on win8, I don't know why though, microsoft should have this shit being able to run all windows programs for the price they be charging for their os! :mad: shit be expensive yo.

So for someone's who never played them (and never played the genre), is Baldur's Gate good? How has it aged and it too daunting for a new player? Just got Shadorun Returns but I'm interested.

gngf123

Just finished the tutorial and first level. I'm horrible at it, but I"m loving it so far. Definitely worth it on sale.

Ended up buying it, I agree with this.

Controls are going to be tough to get used to, but I can really see myself having a lot of fun with it.

I still don't understand why these types of games get banned in germany, i think people should be allowed to make the choice wether to buy it or not.

Edit: I'm participating in the raffle, if i win i will pay you the cost of the game.
Nah, give it to someone else on GAF through a giveaway. Maybe pair it with a bunch if bad rats copies in a mystery giveaway

Sullichin

Wolfenstein is definitely worth it for $30. One of the best games of the year.

Chivalry DLC 80% off! Picked that up. Also got Shadowrun Returns today. Picking up more games this sale than I realized.. which I guess is what normally happens.

Is Thief any good?

JakeD

My only complaints with bro force is that I don't like being forced to be the character I save and I don't really get the lives system.

i think this is intentional to keep the gameplay random and frantic. it took me off guard at first but i think i like it now. the lives system is "save guy, switch to random guy, extra life (also random)"

i'm hooked. even on single player. i can't seem to play co-op with a friend because i can't find his created game in the list. dunno if thats an "alpha" thing or what

Help me PC GAF!

I really want to purchase the XCOM bundle that includes Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within, the only problem is that I'm using a laptop. Not even a gaming laptop. According to SystemRequirementsLab here are my specs compared to the minimum requirements:

Ram:
Min - 2GB
Me - 4GB

Video Card:
Pixel Shader Version:
Min -3.0
Me - 5.0

Vertex Shader Version:
Min - 3.0
Me - 5.0

Dedicated Video RAM:
Min - 256Mb
Me - 64Mb

Everything else (sound card, disk space, os, etc.) is fine. But that Dedicated Video RAM worries me. How bad will the game look/play if I use minimum settings? Is it worth it? I love XCOM and haven't played Enemy Within yet so I REALLY want to buy it. Help GAF!

Faerith

Neo Member
Yeah, that's the differentiator. Broadly speaking it went like this a few decades ago: 'We won't allow any toys with swastikas (and certain other symbols) on them.' -> videogames got inventend -> 'Games are toys so the laws apply to them.'

A toy, where I could play as the Nazis as good guys is not equal to shooting Nazis with them being the bad guys,
but that's our dear politicans, and therefore laws, logic for you.
(and frankly, all the censorship and tv-repeats doesn't help: just look at this Mutti-Hyping in our media - it's scary... but I digress)

oh i see its a pretty tight race right now, cmon green lets go! I'll craft a badge tomorrow before 1pm est if we're still in the winning league! :D

pahamrick

Help me PC GAF!

I really want to purchase the XCOM bundle that includes Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within, the only problem is that I'm using a laptop. Not even a gaming laptop. According to SystemRequirementsLab here are my specs compared to the minimum requirements:

Ram:
Min - 2GB
Me - 4GB

Video Card:
Pixel Shader Version:
Min -3.0
Me - 5.0

Vertex Shader Version:
Min - 3.0
Me - 5.0

Dedicated Video RAM:
Min - 256Mb
Me - 64Mb

Everything else (sound card, disk space, os, etc.) is fine. But that Dedicated Video RAM worries me. How bad will the game look/play if I use minimum settings? Is it worth it? I love XCOM and haven't played Enemy Within yet so I REALLY want to buy it. Help GAF!

What's the actual make and model of your laptop?

Help me PC GAF!

Ram:
Min - 2GB
Me - 4GB

Video Card:
Pixel Shader Version:
Min -3.0
Me - 5.0

Vertex Shader Version:
Min - 3.0
Me - 5.0

Dedicated Video RAM:
Min - 256Mb
Me - 64Mb

Is that thing 10 years old? Jeez. I wouldn't subject myself to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom