• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Long Live the Queen and why does GAF love it so much?

Long Live The Queen is a surprisingly fun text based adventure game. You are a 14 year old princess. You mother, the Queen has passed away enexpectedly, and you are set to become the new Queen. Your coronation is still a ways off, so you have to study various subjects in order to become a good queen (history, etiquette, fencing, falconry, etc). While you are studying, different relatives and other nobles will try to usurp the crown from you, neighboring kingdoms might come in to wreck your shit, and you will have to deal with these problems. You will die multiple deaths in your quest to become the Queen. Also, in true waifu simulator fashion, you can wear cute costumes that boost various stats.

Kadin

M&M contest seems to be back now. Just redeemed a code I won this morning. They've added a captcha at the last step now.

Tizoc

wHu6pFw.png

Congrats to all the winners! #1 and #4 were Broken Age.

I like how the most entrants were not for #1 or #4.

Mono

Long Live The Queen is a surprisingly fun text based adventure game. You are a 14 year old princess. You mother, the Queen has passed away enexpectedly, and you are set to become the new Queen. Your coronation is still a ways off, so you have to study various subjects in order to become a good queen (history, etiquette, fencing, falconry, etc). While you are studying, different relatives and other nobles will try to usurp the crown from you, neighboring kingdoms might come in to wreck your shit, and you will have to deal with these problems. You will die multiple deaths in your quest to become the Queen. Also, in true waifu simulator fashion, you can wear cute costumes that boost various stats.

Ooo, I love life sims! Sounds fun!

TsuXna

Should I buy more?
Yes, you are missing:
Simulator of beating women
SSimulator of turning into robots
Simulator of hacking
Simulator of being a goat
Simulator of being dragon boss
Simulator of being Asian
Simulator of having bromance
Simulator of flying.
Figure out the games :p

Dr.Acula

Banned
Why did I check how much I have spent! Im down 250€. I better not tell the wife. :3 Steam only hold one sale of this caliber a year right? Its only summer sale? I might have to sell my body for steamcards if its not D:

On the flip side, Im set for 2014 and 15 with games AND I got into PC gaming. Its like.. jesusstaringatthesun.gif

7EDF84FDD3DCE5EAD878B21BE341E153A604D80E

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
still taking offers for these five dumb summer cards

http://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=11669631&token=_hXUPBSF

if you want to do something dumb like trade me One Way Heroics or Magical Drop V for all of them, that'd be cool

though they probably cost less than that on the market at this point

I haven't done the math

or you can just trade me cards you don't want for cards you do, I just want them to be useful before they disappear

TsuXna

I thought it was a dating Simulator.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For those that don't yet have Super House of Dead Ninjas, a game all about the thrill and sense of satisfaction of running quickly through a world slaughtering all you see and building up a kill combo, you have a chance to win one if you wish.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118784543&postcount=252

Also I just recently discovered Diamond Dan exists. As someone who enjoyed the game play of Catherine on PS3, but not the story or characters, this is a nice surprise. Not the exact same, but the feel is there for moving boxes and going around without falling/being trapped.

$233.88 according to the summer sale card drop page. What have I done...?

Not enough, for Winter is coming next.

Just finished Marlow Briggs. Was surprised at how fun the game actually was. Everything is so just so over the top and it just goes. The combat turned out to be pretty satisfying. Found myself using the "Ice blades", whatever their called, since they have long range and you can get an insane amount of hits. My highest was over 200 hits. The game is so silly yet satisfying, it's definitely good fun for 99 cents.

Ok so playing Ikagura I keep on getting a message saying "frame rate too low, score not updated". Is there anything I can do to alleviate this given that I'm already playing it on low in Window mode? I think I meet the recommended requirements so I'm not sure on the issue honestly.

Terra_Ex

I was stung by the gift of Bad Rats, but as my account is already infected by the rats, I'm declining the gift so that you may spread the joy to others instead. Thanks for the giveaway, though :)

Wheeee first booster pack of the sale! Was for Risen.... £0.19 worth of cards after unpacking.
Considering how many badges were allegedly crafted during the sale, I only got one booster pack during the whole thing...

dot

Oh, will there be a OT4 or will we continue in this one until the end of the sale?

Because i don't wanna post my giveaway yet if this one is going to end.

Kiru

You guys are awesome with the giveaways, reminds me of good old times with the steamgifts :)

Edit: welp, new page

Speaking of steamgifts. Why do I still have only 4 entries on my Lara Croft giveaway ?! Seems like it was a mistake to add CV requirement. :/
Come on guys! It's here when you quote this post : Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light

Also I have these games here left. First come, first serve:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-EA0DE35B59F8807E
Anomaly Warzone Earth #2 -- MB-680CE483D3B33F63 - Taken by TsuXna. 4 entrants total.

t1404069195z1.png

Jawmuncher

Was having issues using my PS4 controller on bluetooth but thankfully this video solved it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7DUV4T8744

Haven't seen any other videos or tutorials resolving this problem, and while you have to do it every time. It thankfully works and isn't that much of a pain.

Just posting in case someone wanders in here with the same problem.

Caerith

Speaking of steamgifts. Why do I still have only 3 entries on my Lara Croft giveaway ?! Seems like it was a mistake to add CV requirement. :/
Come on guys! It's here when you quote this post : Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light

Also I have these games here left. First come, first serve:

I already have GoL, sorry. Oh, and happy birthday.

Toki767

In case people missed my "I promise this isn't Bad Rats giveaway". You will want to enter.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-1B814DF9FDC4EBE8 - Taken by ANuclearError

t1404082655z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom