• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
SxzkfMy.png

ytPO8kd.png

Gren

Anyone else using the M&Ms Mastercard giftcard on Steam found you can charge more than $6 to it? Bought one order totaling around $5.70, then used it again for another $5 purchase. I thought it'd deduct the difference & ask me to choose an additional form of payment, but it just went through.

Emailed Steam support to notify them (I don't seriously believe this will just slip by Valve/Mastercard unnoticed) because I don't want to risk my account getting locked/outright banned. And the Mastercard support line is only open weekdays. Just wondering if anyone else ran across this.

Monooboe

One quick giveaway before the thread closes. Free to anybody, FREE TO THE MAX!;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header.jpg

Max Payne 3 -- MB-AE708FB79F5A3CF7 - Taken by Lashley

tmarques

Is there any good reason for actually crafting badges apart from getting, well, a badge on your profile? I know you level up, which increases the booster pack chances by a tiny bit, but there doesn't seem to be any valuable reason so to say. Does anyone know if there's a good reason to actually craft badges?

When the sale started, I was only Lvl 6 and had to craft a couple of badges to participate. And since crafting badges early in the sale paid for itself thanks to the summer cards, I ended up crafting a few more in case Valve decides to up the minimum level in a future sale. Other than that, no, I don't see the point.

Kadin

Anyone else using the M&Ms Mastercard giftcard on Steam found you can charge more than $6 to it? Bought one order totaling around $5.70, then used it again for another $5 purchase. I thought it'd deduct the difference & ask me to choose an additional form of payment, but it just went through.

Emailed Steam support to notify them (I don't seriously believe this will just slip by Valve/Mastercard unnoticed) because I don't want to risk my account getting locked/outright banned. And the Mastercard support line is only open weekdays. Just wondering if anyone else ran across this.
Wow, never had that happen but I was only adding them to my wallet (a mistake I learned the hard way). Interesting glitch you found but you definitely did the right thing by contacting them immediately about it. Sounds like an honest mistake and good to be proactive about them getting it addressed.

Grayman

I bought double dragon neon, Jet car stunts, and Ultratron as last day purchases and when I clicked install I got something called Ion Assault as well. Not on my receipts. Weird.

Jørdan

i know , but my account is frozen from buying anything for 7 days

That isn't fun during a sale, happened to me before. I was broke but that's beside the point. Not sure if it's browser updates or cookies whatever getting cleared but it's a pain in the ass.

jblank83

Modbot2: "You win MysterGame2! The key for mystery game is https://store.steampowered.com/accou...7F011944C5D839 -- Make sure you take the time to thank ItsGeeMcGee"

ItsGeeMcGee: "unlucky, ouch!"

It's Bad Rats.

Thanks, ItsGeeMcGee. Thank you. I mean it. Thanks. Thank you. Really. Thanks. Thanks. I just really really want to thank you. Thank you, ItsGeeMcGee. Thank you a lot. I won't forget this. I promise.

Thanks again.

3phemeral

Hmm.. I just installed Orcs Must Die 2 and I seem to have a weird bug. I just started up as the sorceress and I can't seem to place any traps. Enter key doesn't seem to function at all and even if I press "G" to start the horde, I still can't place trap. Am I missing something?

TxdoHawk

More than I've spent in the last 3 or 4 Steam sales combined, still a tremendous deal for all this delicious content. I can't see myself needing a PC game for a good long while.

Q5cbHbr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom