• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Sorry, but no. That's not all.

Steam is also used as the download and patching mechanism. So you don't have to deal with uPlay bs when it comes to getting your game updated. :p

If you buy Child of Light through gamefly instead of steam, can you add the key to steam or do you have to add it to Uplay only? I know you need to have the Uplay client for both.

OmegaDL50

So what's the other DLC to buy for Borderlands 2 GOTY to have the full package?

The 5 Headhunter packs which are 5 Holiday Themed mini areas with boss fights and unique loot.

And the Vault Hunter Upgrade 2 which raises the level cap to a max of 72 for player characters and has enemies up to a max of 90.

Close but not on all.

Basketball one is more of a joke (read it somewhere on GAF).

Not sure if I should put a spoiler list of the games if someone wants to know before applying.

reference.jpg

OmegaDL50

REPOST 45 minutes left

Yep. It's my birthday and I want to share some leftover games I had with you guys. It may not be much, but I hope some people still want to get some FEAR or Batman. :) Also I didn't include the Lurker restriction, because these threads move so fast during sale. Thank you for this great community. I also hid a steamgifts giveaway link in Email tags in this post. It's for 5 copies of Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with required contribution of 30.01 on steamgifts (that's bundle games and at least one non bundle game given away). Good Luck :)

Lara Croft Link

What happened to this givaway?

Either there was a lot of unclaimed keys or ModBot didn't update the claimed winners yet?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Close but not on all.

Not sure if I should put a spoiler list of the games if someone wants to know before applying.
Marlo!

Already spent 2x as much as I had wanted to, have a huge backlog and yet Age of Wonders 3 and MGS Rising are currently sitting in my cart. Damn you Gaben.

I think I will wait for winter on those 2.

The One Qoo

Neo Member
my bad guys i won the awesome bad rats, thanks ItsGeeMcGee! but i allready have it so regifting on to the first person who slings me a pm !

rtcn63

Close but not on all.

My guess
Steamworld Dig
Marlow Briggs
Sneaky guy could be Dishonored, but likely Mark of the Ninja?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Yay for Battleblock Theater!! Thank you so much mrklaw! I have been looking at this game all week but kept spending my money elsewhere.

GAF rules!

Ozium

An crazy bad crime has been committed. Someone killed the Bad Rats. Although annoying, no one deserves to die at the hands of a 'vigilante'. There are currently 3 suspects. You're the chief detective and it's up to you to pick who you think is suspect. Good luck.

3 different games. All hinted at by the title. I think all the games are pretty good. Good luck guys. I would have liked to do a big giveaway like some others in here but this is the best I have right now! If anything is messed up, let me know. Going to bed soon so I'll sort out any issues tomorrow evening (UK time).

the basketball one has to be marlow briggs....

edit: beaten like lebron

ModBot said:
Instructions for almostheathen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-E1DB0336BCF77E92 - Taken by Zero-Crescent
BARDBARIAN -- MB-AB23942F0B8D2EA8 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
One Way Heroics #2 -- MB-A3F2936068AF41F4 - Taken by Colby

Free Murph

Enco

Guesses aren't too bad!

I'm heading off now so will be interesting to see who gets all 3. I'll try repost before it ends but not sure if I'll be awake.

If not, feel free to repost it on my behalf guys.

The 5 Headhunter packs which are 5 Holiday Themed mini areas with boss fights and unique loot.

And the Vault Hunter Upgrade 2 which raises the level cap to a max of 72 for player characters and has enemies up to a max of 90.

Thank you. There is way too much shit that doesn't come in the goty edition.

It seems very likely. The dev is trying to get it out this year but it might slip to the next.

What does 4x even mean? I know it's a genre but why is it called 4x?

4X is a genre of strategy-based video and board games in which players control an empire and "eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate". The term was first coined by Alan Emrich in his September 1993 preview of Master of Orion for Computer Gaming World. Since then, others have adopted the term to describe games of similar scope and design.

4X games are noted for their deep, complex gameplay. Emphasis is placed upon economic and technological development, as well as a range of non-military routes to supremacy. Games can take a long time to complete since the amount of micromanagement needed to sustain an empire scales as the empire grows. 4X games are sometimes criticized for becoming tedious for these reasons, and several games have attempted to address these concerns by limiting micromanagement with varying degrees of success.

If you buy Child of Light through gamefly instead of steam, can you add the key to steam or do you have to add it to Uplay only? I know you need to have the Uplay client for both.

What will tell you is the product page -- check for the DRM type -- if it says Steam, it's a steam key and will activate as such in the steam client (which will download/patch/manage your dlc for you) if it says uPlay, it activates directly on uPlay and steam is involved in no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom