• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

One more post for my "I promise this is not Bad Rats giveaway". You won't regret it if you win. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-1B814DF9FDC4EBE8 - Taken by ANuclearError. 141 entrants total.

t1404082655z1.png

Ozium

I'm terrible at Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, I was not expecting this.

in my mind if you are terrible the first time you play a new character action game then it's doing things right...

those games are all about learning the moves and going from scrub to stylin on fools... cant wait to fire it up.

Miker

I bought Marlow Briggs, and two hours in...it's okay. It's budget God of War, sure, but it's also kind of dull. It has tons of explosions, but they numb my brain after a while. It has goofy self-aware dialogue, but none of it is really that funny. The setpieces are largely variations on "thing is exploding, run away from unstable thing." It's, well, okay. Although I am very impressed by the polish and scope of a $1 game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is the game good though? I trust a man with an ICO avatar implicitly.

You can beat the game in 90 mins or a bit less. The game has a good core for a game but it is like 5 circle stages killing enemy waves until the boss shows up. Its good for the price and if they flesh out more the combat engine I can see it being used in the future for a more fleshed out game.

I think 2.50 its the right price for the game.

I bought Marlow Briggs, and two hours in...it's okay. It's budget God of War, sure, but it's also kind of dull. It has tons of explosions, but they numb my brain after a while. It has goofy self-aware dialogue, but none of it is really that funny. The setpieces are largely variations on "thing is exploding, run away from unstable thing." It's, well, okay. Although I am very impressed by the polish and scope of a $1 game.

Its more of this and more.

Its really good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

it actually gets better later on but yeah, like you said, its the polish of the game for such a cheap project. It has everything, the 4 weapons, the 4 spells, the combos, the instant kill grabs on smaller enemies, the switch / block push puzzles, etc that the GoW games have, just on a budget

even the voice acting isnt bad, cheesy for sure,but not bad

Chariot

I just would like to take a little bit of your time to thank all the people who greatly helped me in that crazy Bad Rats quest:

- Chairmanchuck, the man who gave me the game that started it all,
- ViviOggi, who gave me a Bad Rats Booster Pack,
- Chariot, who donated many cards to fund this project,
- Kiru, who also assisted me with granting a lone card to my seeking of money,
- Killadji, who was the last one to support me by giving a another card to sell.

To my friends, thanks you all again!
It was an honor supporting you on your noble quest *salut*

400 page thread count, right?

200, yeah.

But depends -- sometimes the new thread for SteamGAF starts a day or two early if the old one hits max. I'm not sure if the mods want Salsa to do OT4 for the Sale, since it ends in 15 hours or so and it's all encore with no new votes or anything at the moment... or if they're going to have MRORANGE go ahead and roll out the July SteamGAF thread instead.

I guess it's also possible if the rate of posting in here is not astronomical that they could just hold here until MRORANGE's thread is ready, if he needs some more time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
200, yeah.

But depends -- sometimes the new thread for SteamGAF starts a day or two early if the old one hits max. I'm not sure if the mods want Salsa to do OT4 for the Sale, since it ends in 15 hours or so and it's all encore with no new votes or anything at the moment... or if they're going to have MRORANGE go ahead and roll out the July SteamGAF thread instead.

I guess it's also possible if the rate of posting in here is not astronomical that they could just hold here until MRORANGE's thread is ready, if he needs some more time.

MRORANGE did mention that the next OT would go up in less than 25 hours earlier today, so I'm assuming the July thread will be put out a little earlier than usual.

I hope next sale Valve just scraps the community vote and just gives us like 10 slots for the flash sales. More space for "smaller" games and no overlap between community/flash.
Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the sale.

Honestly, I kind of like the way GOG handled their flash sales this year. You almost always were able to find something interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom