• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

Hoping for the best! Expecting the worst! Is this Déjà vu? All these games keep on repeatin'!

This is all part of HIS unfathomably perfect plan. He is going to deliver us from this place. The final day will not be one to match its forebears, but the day on which our LORD glorifies himself and gives unto us a bounty rich and varied such that it invites the covetousness of kings.

_proxy

koolaroo

Just bought then beat to the moon I quite enjoyed it and would recomend it to anyone thinking about buying it. Beat it in one sitting( like I did with bastion).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The only sale I missed was Lone Survivor, but I'll grab it tomorrow night if it doesn't pop up again. Looks cool.

To The Moon seems nice but I hate that I'm stuck with either blown up full screen or a tiny window. No config tweaks I can see of.

Ricker

Bah, looks like Grimrock is going to win,bought it already,game is way too hard with the puzzles but hey,some might like the challenge...

Why is the collector edition of Krater cheaper then the regular one lol...only by a few cents but still,weird.

dreamfall

I keep voting- getting everything incorrect, and just waiting. Dreaming about those new Flash deals being wonderful!

In other news, picked up The Legacy of Kain bundle from GamersGate. All Steam keys, pure nostalgic bliss!

In other news, picked up The Legacy of Kain bundle from GamersGate. All Steam keys, pure nostalgic bliss!
Are the ports good? And do they support gamepads? Thinking about jumping on it, but not sure if I should wait or not... I've also never played the series and really want to do so.

I simply can't purchase a game that deliberately blocks a proper co-op implementation and is such a poor PC port. It is against my principles.
A poor PC port it may be, but I don't think you should judge harshly on its co-op. It's not the type of game that you just roll with a crew and smash out, though the help you can get can make bosses cakewalks. It just wasn't designed to be like that throughout; it's a single player game first and foremost that you can get player help with at times.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Did I mention Dreamfall is awesome? 'Cause he is. He just gave me a one way ticket to Vice City, complete with a hotel room, a scooter, a mix tape of the best 80's music and a cool Hawaiian shirt.

Thanks a lot man, I'm dedicating my next playthrough to you ;)

HoosTrax

Buy Dark Souls people. You more than get your money's worth.
I've gotten about 40 hours out of it so far, and I think I'm only about half-way through. Had to take a break -- Smough/Orstein were kicking my ass, so I think I need to go back to Depths to get some humanities.

Omega

Banned
Wanted to post for posterity that a three way* with Clint Beastwood and metalshade went wonderfully.

*TRADE, OF COURSE

Thanks you guys!

yeah good trade, way too complicated for no reason though. ubisoft and their shit -_-

also, Max Payne was just in the daily deals that expired..

J-Tier

What is Little Inferno? A burning simulator?

You just burn things, it's kinda interesting. As with World of Goo, there's some kind of message they're trying to convey.

They give you a bunch of stuff. You burn it. You burn certain things together and they "combo". By burning more, you unlock more stuff to burn. It's a fairly quick game if you just...ahem...burn through it.

You just burn things, it's kinda interesting. As with World of Goo, there's some kind of message they're trying to convey.

They give you a bunch of stuff. You burn it. You burn certain things together and they "combo". By burning more, you unlock more stuff to burn. It's a fairly quick game if you just...ahem...burn through it.
augh

Kammie

Got To the Moon due to the positive comments in the thread. Couldn't justify spending even more, but it's either this or waiting till the next sale... and I'm not feeling too optimistic about the next one.

I simply can't purchase a game that deliberately blocks a proper co-op implementation and is such a poor PC port. It is against my principles.

I'm just as sad that we didn't get a proper port that takes advantage of all the strengths of pc gaming. But the game we did get with Durante's fix is the best version of the game without question (at least graphically speaking). Having played 53 hours so far, I can say that this is one of the best games I've ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom