• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks for helping me save money Valve. This sale has been lazy to say the least.

I could flip the tables and say you have been lazy. There have been no shortage of deals. If you only went to Valve, as your only source of games, you lost out.

Volcynika

I could flip the tables and say you have been lazy. There have been no shortage of deals. If you only went to Valve, as your own source of games, you lost out.

I didn't buy a lot of stuff for myself, but I gifted a good bit of friends some good games. Been another great sale for me! Didn't seem lazy.

c0Zm1c

I would get Rocksmith if there was some kind of basic arcade mode that I could play with my Xbox 360 Rock Band controller.

dreamfall

Shout out to Zerokoolpsx for I Am Alive! If New Vegas Ultimate Collection goes on sale, I'm gifting you!

There's been a great giving spirit around GAF- y'all are the best!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Was thinking about getting Rocksmith but the cable is twice the price of the game!
Same here. If I buy it from Amazon I'll have to order an international shipment, and I'm not sure if it'll arrive. And buying it here is a steal.

I'll have to wait till any acquaintance decides to go to USA for a vacation, and ask them to buy me the cable there. And then wait for the next sale on the game, which I'm sure will happen before the former. And maybe it'll even have a bigger discount than now.

You're barely 20% to 1000. You have a long way to go before you reach the base camp.
Base camp at 1000 games. Now that's a mountain I'm really scared to climb.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I wonder what the chances are that FTL will go on sale for 50 or 75%? I'm definitely waiting till the last possible moment of this Steam sale to see if there's a daily deal for it.

Exuro

Same here. If I buy it from Amazon I'll have to order an international shipment, and I'm not sure if it'll arrive. And buying it here is a steal.

I'll have to wait till any acquaintance decides to go to USA for a vacation, and ask them to buy me the cable there. And then wait for the next sale on the game, which I'm sure will happen before the former. And maybe it'll even have a bigger discount than now.
Yeah I think I'll wait until theres a good deal on the cable itself. Chances are I won't get around to it with school starting back up.

Shout out to Zerokoolpsx for I Am Alive! If New Vegas Ultimate Collection goes on sale, I'm gifting you!

Sneaky gifting behind my back lol ;). Thanks for the Grimrock Snow! I already got Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate during the summer sale. Thanks though!
WAJmd.jpg

I've been looking at that game but wasn't sure if it was worth the price. That and I've already spent my budget :(

AlexBasch

Rocksmith? Man, been trying to get this game for my PS3. Getting the cable is a lot harder lol, other than that I'd have instabought it.

Ainaurdur

I voted for Saints Row The Third because after playing it a bit more this past week, I decided I want to get the DLC and upgrade to the Full Package.

(Had only gotten the vanilla game in the Humble THQ Bundle. I wasn't sure when Steam had it on sale last week, but now I am.)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I still have money GAF; give me something to buy. This sale aint over yet!

I'm quite picky, no I will not buy FTL
Do you have Spec Ops, Hotline Miami or The Darkness 2? They are $2.50 each on Amazon, if you have a $5 coupon.

I voted for Saints Row The Third because after playing it a bit more this past week, I decided I want to get the DLC and upgrade to the Full Package.

(Had only gotten the vanilla game in the Humble THQ Bundle. I wasn't sure when Steam had it on sale last week, but now I am.)
I'm not sure if it'll happen again, but I was able to grab the Full Package from Amazon for $2.50, using a THQ coupon when it was $7.50. If it becomes an editor's choice, and it reaches that price, you could get it way cheaper than from Steam.
But you'll be risking missing it if it isn't added to the promo, so I'd say it depends on if you're feeling lucky or not.

dot

Why are random people adding me? lol

I dunno whether to vote for Deus Ex or Saints Row. Love both of them. Guess i'll vote for Deus Ex since it hasn't been in a humble bundle.

Little Inferno was on my list, but I'm not sure I'm down for seven bucks.

Too bad the DLC for Rocksmith didn't drop lower for the flash sale. I'm on the fence at 35%.

Huge shout out to dreamfall. An absolute legend for gifting this to me.

330x192

With this little bit of prose:

- The livin' got us.,

So, we'll try to survive! Where the living are scarier than anyone else! One bullet, and a hope to exist! WE ARE ALIVE!

Wallach

Picked up Legend of Grimrock. Trying to fit like four more games in before the GotY thread voting ends but I don't think it will even come close to happening.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Picked up Legend of Grimrock. Trying to fit like four more games in before the GotY thread voting ends but I don't think it will even come close to happening.

That's one I wish I had more time for, but it's movin' up the backlog. I've actually knocked out quite a few lately, Garry would be proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom