• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

On a whim I just checked out "Big Picture" mode for the first time. They really did a fantastic job with that, was not expecting something that slick.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Couldn't get it to work. Do you need a new-ish tv for that? I have a 2006 34" LCD

It's essentially just a Steam skin tailored towards distant viewing; there are no requirements beyond what you need for Steam itself.

Eternia

Finally beat that final boss bugger in FTL on easy. A little luck with repair spawns but nearly blowing it with me not paying attention to the boss' health and
he ran off with my boarding party of two on the second phase by literally a second when I noticed his sliver of health. My jaw then dropped that I still had to fight him a 3rd time
. Not only that, he was also one sector away from the Federation base but I managed to get him, what a turn of events.

Transporter is awesome though!

Anyone here played this Shoot'em up called Ether Vapor Remaster?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/214570/
It's from the same dev. as Freesia.

I played through and beat this game a few months ago. Very robust feeling shooter and the stages shifting camera perspectives on the fly made the levels feel dynamic, but you get tired of a lot of the gimmicks if you replay the stages (which you will because you'll die a lot). Nice soundtrack though.

Tizoc

Symphony looks nice from the trailer. Gameplay is just you controlling the ship with your mouse, shooting enemies and collecting pick-ups for points right? What extra weapons are there to use?

multivac

I decided to try to beat To the Moon before the new flash sales came up since I read it was about 4 hours long. I just beat it in one sitting, and it is one of the best games I've played all year, and probably the greatest video game story I've ever experienced. Hell, it's an amazing story period. Such an emotional tale.

Important plot spoilers:
In the carnival scene when they found out why John really wanted to go to the moon, I just lost it. And I don't even do that in Hollywood movies.

It's not on flash sale anymore, but it's only $4.99. Just buy it, guys!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If I buy the L4D bundle for 7.50, can I keep one while gifting the other or is it all one package ?
"Already own Left 4 Dead? You can give your extra copy to a friend when you purchase this Bundle."

Looks like you only get an extra copy of the first one.

Lucifon

That's too much DLC to justify a separate purchase. 14 euros on Steam for the DLC, even with a 40 percent discount. :

Best bet now for Fallout NV is probably to wait until today's dailys then if it doesn't show up pick up the vanilla on Gamersgate then Steam buy all the DLC. I think that's the cheapest way to do it at the moment. Unless of course you want to continue to wait for a few months.

Aguirre

Best bet now for Fallout NV is probably to wait until today's dailys then if it doesn't show up pick up the vanilla on Gamersgate then Steam buy all the DLC. I think that's the cheapest way to do it at the moment. Unless of course you want to continue to wait for a few months.
i hope so. otherwise im out.

Alan Wake Collector's Edition currently at $4.38. $4.16 with IAMANELDERGEEK code.

Holy crap that's cheap (lowest so far?), anyone willing to help out a Euro-guy stuck with 31,99eur for the CE? Please PM your paypal e-mail and I'll send the money over in exchange for the steam code.

I decided to try to beat To the Moon before the new flash sales came up since I read it was about 4 hours long. I just beat it in one sitting, and it is one of the best games I've played all year,

How many games have you played this year? You must have been a busy boy.

kaleii

Mmm.. I think so too. 2,49 EUR is good for the base pack. Are there any DLC parts that are essential? I'm more interested in buying DLC that affects the entire game, rather than the ones with extra missions.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So if I already own L4D2, can I gift the extra one while keeping L4D ?
No, you can only gift L4D, you won't get extra copies of the sequel if you already own it.

It's a shame I'm at work right now, and Steam is blocked here, as the bundle is cheaper in my country ($5.60) and I could have traded it with you for a game of equal value, saving you $1.60.

GOTY or GTFO :p

Mmm.. I think so too. 2,49 EUR is good for the base pack. Are there any DLC parts that are essential? I'm more interested in buying DLC that affects the entire game, rather than the ones with extra missions.

Aside from each of the four main packs increasing the level cap by five levels, pretty much all of the DLC are mission packs. If you want things to change the game, that's what mods are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom