• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So do you guys think that SEGA and THQ managed to get some good income from this Steam Sale? I keep seeing thier title among the top 20 purchased content.

derExperte

People should really get all of the DLC instead of just 1 because of the continuing story, but yes OWB is the best one from a gameplay and writing point of view.

You're right, totally forgot there's some connected stuff. I didn't think that aspect was very good and overall rewarding but I'm not the biggest fan of NV overall anyway. If one wants the whole deal and every last bit of story then yeah, get all 4 big DLCs and play them in order.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What a great gesture to wake up to:

Ze91T.png

Thank you so much Snowy!!
3AQmK.gif

FYI: there seems to be a new wave of DOTA 2 invites doing the rounds, I've just received another four of the buggers to complement the three I previously had in my inventory. If anyone wants one, PM me with either your e-mail address or a link to your Steam Community profile.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
If anyone's still on the fence about the Thief games and itching to buy something, you should definitely pick them up. They're still very playable and there are mods/community fixes out there, though you won't necessarily need them. I customised the resolution on Thief 1, but other than that I'm playing it as is. You need patience, mind, and they're not the prettiest games any more if that bothers you.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone's still on the fence about the Thief games and itching to buy something, you should definitely pick them up. They're still very playable and there are mods/community fixes out there, though you won't necessarily need them. I customised the resolution on Thief 1, but other than that I'm playing it as is. You need patience, mind, and they're not the prettiest games any more if that bothers you.
What to do, what to do? I want them, but I'm not 100% convinced yet.

Garry should limit the sales to 7 days from now on.
What's the point? By the 3rd day there will already be repeats.

Has anyone here played Symphony?

It isn't a lot of money but I am so pressed for time. My library grows and yet time gets less. I am just wondering whether to buy it.

It looks a decent little game...

...willpower is breaking...

...I think I already know the answer to my question.

Edit:

@MRORANGE - you are adding to my problems ;)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

Haven't made a purchase since the 22nd. That was day 3. Sale actually did end on day 3 for me.
I still bought much stuff as I'm fairly new to Steam games (started last July), but the sales were indeed terrible. It doesn't help that Amazon and GMG completely obliterated Steam with their prices.

Wunder

Posted in that big final day Steam thread but thought I'd post here for more eyes. Already got some recommendations for Rocketbirds and Bully - anyone have thoughts on Analogue: A Hate Story, Poker Night at the Inventory or Stacking?

Caerith

Posted in that big final day Steam thread but thought I'd post here for more eyes. Already got some recommendations for Rocketbirds and Bully - anyone have thoughts on Analogue: A Hate Story, Poker Night at the Inventory or Stacking?
Stacking is fantastic. Generally speaking you can't go wrong with Double Fine.

Jubern

Could anyone who can pay in dollars grab and gift me Football Manager 2013, please? I'd repay you with Paypal.

I can only pay in € on Steam and the currency conversion + higher price point makes the game almost twice expensive for european customers. So I'd love it if someone could help me with this.

LOL I have no way of posting the actual screen of the message but

snowysashay said:
'Cause it's 1-8-7...,

CJ, you a straight Busta! Today was a good day, so let's listen to Ice Cube and become West Coast gangstas! Look out for Sasquatch, jet pack off Mount Chilliad!

Thanks for San Andreas sir!

Sorry for OT but what was that site where I could look up all the statistics of me and my friends? There was a recent thread but I couldn't find it to save my life.

Edit: nvm, found it.

Danj

Poker Night is fun, particularly if you like the characters, but it's single-player only, so you're just playing for the achievements and the TF2 hats that you can win.

I personally really liked Analogue, but it doesn't really have a great deal in the way of "gameplay", it's more of a visual novel so if that doesn't appeal to you you should probably skip it.

good thing it wasn't on sale about, what....20 hours ago or so..?

can't blame the community...gotta blame the options
A lot of people are hoping it gets PM since they missed out. I wouldn't blame them. Community choice never been PM... Maybe Amazon's system will do it "accidentally."

Wunder

Poker Night is fun, particularly if you like the characters, but it's single-player only, so you're just playing for the achievements and the TF2 hats that you can win.

I personally really liked Analogue, but it doesn't really have a great deal in the way of "gameplay", it's more of a visual novel so if that doesn't appeal to you you should probably skip it.

Thank you! So Poker Night is just a Texas Hold 'em game with cool characters thrown in? I might give that a pass, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom