• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Anyone have any good vids showcasing Symphony's gameplay? I saw a vid of someone playing it with One Winged Angel as the theme, but it just looked like a basic shoot'em up with music in the background.

I have an idea for the flash sales.

They should be sort of like Kickstarter in a way.

Say you commit $5 of your Steam wallet (which immediately become frozen) to buy Skyrim for example, only if X amount of people commit to buy it at that same price.

Pubs could figure out how much they would need to sell to make the profit they want.

So there could be 3 good games at ridiculously cheap prices battling it out for purchases.

I think it would be super exciting.

Symphonic

Say you commit $5 of your Steam wallet (which immediately become frozen) to buy Skyrim for example, only if X amount of people commit to buy it at that same price.

Pubs could figure out how much they would need to sell to make the profit they want.

So there could be 3 good games at ridiculously cheap prices battling it out for purchases.

Only if you lose your money whether or not you get the same, to see the glorious butt pain.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

That would be fun for the consumer, but I bet they'd see it as too much hassle. Enough people probably buy them at the standard sale price.

nexen

how is Dark Souls compared to Demon Souls? Just as unforgiving and rage-inducing?
I couldn't get too far into Demon's Souls because of the difficulty. I've had much, much more fun with Dark Souls and for a longer period of time

Though I have to admit that I am starting to get tired of dying over and over again about right now. Losing 22k souls on my last run took the wind out of my sails.

Ezalc

K, I've been seeing a lot of avatars similar to yours lately. Where are those from? Because they're awesome.

This avatar of mine.... it wouldn't have been possible without the help of NEORICEISGOOD!! He's making them in the mangaGAF thread, though I think it's only for posters from there now. You can try asking but I don't know if he'll do it. He also doesn't do doubles.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
There's no CD key tied to it because it uses Steam's DRM. was the only one of my games I couldn't add to origin when I talked to them in livechat.

You can't register Mirror's Edge either, it has no CD Key.

Support sometimes helps you adding it to the account, but I never managed to.

Omega

Banned
So it's obvious Fallout isn't going to happen. Was looking forward to Fallout 3 GOTY and NV DLC...

Dragon Age didn't even repeat...

but Terraria is going to win the community vote because why not repeat for the 4th time

Symphonic

So it's obvious Fallout isn't going to happen. Was looking forward to Fallout 3 GOTY and NV DLC...

Dragon Age didn't even repeat...

but Terraria is going to win the community vote because why not repeat for the 4th time

I think a lot of people vote for a game because they own/love it. I do not like these people.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Re: Evochron Mercenary

I don't have a proper review for this game at the moment, but just wanted to warn anyone considering picking it up that you should have your physics degree ready if you want to participate in combat.

I played for three hours and still could not grasp being required to do all of the following at once: being familiar with a Newtonian based combat system and inertial dampening; drifting in one direction at a certain speed while having your guns firing in another direction; having to move at certain angles in comparison to enemy ships to better avoid vulnerability; using countermeasures for the barrage of incoming missiles in addition to afterburners and reducing your heat signature (cutting engines and the inertial dampening system) to better avoid them when you're out of countermeasures; how to make turns and at what speed and whether your IDS should be on at the time to avoid vulnerability. The list goes on. Wording the above correctly is difficult enough, but essentially I never learned how to not die.

I didn't get a chance to experience any other content because of this, but when/if I do I will rewrite my review. The following from the description on the store page will help you decide if it's right for you, though the word "simple" should be taken with a giant rock of salt:

Advanced physics system features velocity adjusted acceleration curves and accounts for mass, thrust, and vector calculations. Realistic zero gravity inertia based 'Newtonian' style flight model including complete 3-way rotation and 3-way direction control with optional variable input. An advanced inertial dampening system helps keep flight control simple in space, atmospheres, and gravity fields.

Lucifon

Sale ends in 25 hours, so no.

Are you sure? I swear the day that Steam say is the last day of the sale just means it'll go until 10am PST the next day. Would be stupid saying the sale lasts until the 5th then closing it at 10am PST (PST is Valve time remember). 90% sure this is the case with sales in the past. Suppose we'll see in less than an hour what sales appear.

MRORANGE

When does the Steam sale end?

t1357408800z0.png

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Poker Night is fun, particularly if you like the characters, but it's single-player only, so you're just playing for the achievements and the TF2 hats that you can win.

I personally really liked Analogue, but it doesn't really have a great deal in the way of "gameplay", it's more of a visual novel so if that doesn't appeal to you you should probably skip it.

Analogue IS a visual novel, but it's pretty cool, especially for that price.

Are you sure? I swear the day that Steam say is the last day of the sale just means it'll go until 10am PST the next day. Would be stupid saying the sale lasts until the 5th then closing it at 10am PST (PST is Valve time remember). 90% sure this is the case with sales in the past. Suppose we'll see in less than an hour what sales appear.

Look at some random game that is not daily/flash. It tells you when the sale ends.

Lucifon

Look at some random game that is not daily/flash. It tells you when the sale ends.

Well pointed out!

Well I guess that means there's no hope for Fallout NV to drop then - what a letdown of a sale...

I'll pick it up from Gamersgate and grab all the DLC seperately then. Fancy playing it this weekend rather than waiting for a future sale. You watch, it'll go on a daily deal next week or something...

Danj

Analogue IS a visual novel, but it's pretty cool, especially for that price.

Oh, huh, just noticed it has DLC now (extra costumes for *Hyun-ae). Pretty cheap too, if nothing else nice shows up in the Daily Repeats tonight I might get it.

Caerith

Well pointed out!

Well I guess that means there's no hope for Fallout NV to drop then - what a letdown of a sale...

I'll pick it up from Gamersgate and grab all the DLC seperately then. Fancy playing it this weekend rather than waiting for a future sale. You watch, it'll go on a daily deal next week or something...
Just make sure you grab it before 10am when the dailies refresh.

Symphonic

Re: Evochron Mercenary

I don't have a proper review for this game at the moment, but just wanted to warn anyone considering picking it up that you should have your physics degree ready if you want to participate in combat.

I played for three hours and still could not grasp being required to do all of the following at once: being familiar with a Newtonian based combat system and inertial dampening; drifting in one direction at a certain speed while having your guns firing in another direction; having to move at certain angles in comparison to enemy ships to better avoid vulnerability; using countermeasures for the barrage of incoming missiles in addition to afterburners and reducing your heat signature (cutting engines and the inertial dampening system) to better avoid them when you're out of countermeasures; how to make turns and at what speed and whether your IDS should be on at the time to avoid vulnerability. The list goes on. Wording the above correctly is difficult enough, but essentially I never learned how to not die.

I didn't get a chance to experience any other content because of this, but when/if I do I will rewrite my review.

Ugh this sounds so damn cool but I know it would put me off.

Since it's not the 5th I'm assuming current normal discounts will continue after 1pm eastern. I convinced someone to wait until after todays sales are announced before buying Dead Space 2 just in case the pack goes on sale. I mean it could happen. Both Crysis series and Mass Effect series have been dailies/flash deals.

masterkajo

I caved and bought KOTOR1 after so many sales lol.

Good choice. I really like it. If it doesn't click right away, give it some time. The beginning can be a wee bit boring. Also you might want to try to use the widescreen patcher to play bigger resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom