• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

You know what would be innovative and new? Having one game as a daily two times simulaneously. Like if Tropico 4 becomes a daily today while still being a daily from yesterday. It's the logical next step!

DaBuddaDa

Valve needs to put a moratorium on the Bioshock series as a daily and flash sale. It's been like three years straight of it non-stop.

erila

Neo Member
Poker Night is fun, particularly if you like the characters, but it's single-player only, so you're just playing for the achievements and the TF2 hats that you can win.

I personally really liked Analogue, but it doesn't really have a great deal in the way of "gameplay", it's more of a visual novel so if that doesn't appeal to you you should probably skip it.

Just posting to agree with the above - I'm a casual poker player and I had fun with Poker Night - the poker table chatter is amusing (and there's enough of it that you can get some decent mileage out of the game before you get annoyed by the repeats). Some of my more serious poker playing friends say that the AI is annoyingly stupid, but I suck at poker so didn't notice too much.

I hated Analogue, for the reasons described above. It's almost impossible to lose the "game" because most of the time you're just reading the story and answering a few "what do you think of that?" questions, which isn't what I want from games. The story got on my nerves at the end, too - if they'd given more leeway with responses it might have been interesting, but the whole thing felt like a lecture to me.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I was trying to redeem my Dead Space 1 key on Origin but Steam doesn't list it. Does anyone know how I can retrieve that?

Danj

I was trying to redeem my Dead Space 1 key on Origin but Steam doesn't list it. Does anyone know how I can retrieve that?

Tried right clicking its Library entry and selecting View CD key?

EDIT: oh, I see people above are saying it doesn't have one. That sucks :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
There's no CD key tied to it because it uses Steam's DRM. was the only one of my games I couldn't add to origin when I talked to them in livechat.

Good enough. I can't really complain as I want most of my games on Steam anyways and that's already there.

Above post, I tried that like I do with all my games and it's not there.

i hope so. only so more people can experience the awesome-ness of Wei Shen.

Q :

how is Dark Souls compared to Demon Souls? Just as unforgiving and rage-inducing?

I feel it is just as essential and honestly cannot understand enjoying one and not the other. The struggle and the rewards for overcoming it are there, as well as the superior combat and lore that made Demon's so special. That they were able to pull this off twice was a gift.

BFIB

My last day purchases for sure will be FTL. Whether its $7.49 or cheaper.

I'm debating on Bully also. Its the only R* game I've never played. How is it on PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom