• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamGAF GOTY Results Are In (Finally)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
There were three votes for Dragon Age: Inquisition, for a total of 10 points. Of course, it's difficult to place this in the existing ranking, since a lot of people didn't vote for it knowing it was disqualified. But the fact that three people voted for it even still says quite a bit!
Right, it's not really valid to try to place it in the list like that, but I was still curious. Thanks for answering!

Speaking of which, where are all the Nintendo exclusives that came out last year GAF? Am I confused, or did we seriously not vote any in?
If this isn't a joke that flew over my head, they're all dominating in the regular GOTY thread.

Almighty

Pretty solid list. D:OS winning doesn't surprise me one bit(even if I liked Dragonfall or Wasteland 2 more). I will have to vote for Pillars of Eternity next year.

derExperte

20 | Hexcells Infinite (30 Points / 3.75 APS)
22 | Hexcells Plus (27 Points / 2.7 APS)

Too bad the small craze for the series in SteamGAF only started a short while ago, would probably be higher otherwise.

And I've only purchased it last week and haven't played more than 2hrs but already feel that Talos Principle will become my real 'deserved so much better' candidate looking back.

Amzin

I just checked to make sure Divinity, Shovelknight, and Metalgear:R are on my wishlist. Definitely intend to grab them this year, I've been making some decent progress on actually playing games in 2015 :)

Nzyme32

Very impressed with the way the list turned out this year.

Massive thanks to JShackles and MrOrange for their work on this and just in general for SteamGAF.

Kinthalis

Banned
Pretty solid list. D:OS winning doesn't surprise me one bit(even if I liked Dragonfall or Wasteland 2 more). I will have to vote for Pillars of Eternity next year.

Almost certainly going to be my #1 vote as well. We'll see how the Witcher turns out, might be number 2.

Come to think of it, those are the only games I'm really looking forward to right now....

Edit: Wait Arkham Knight is this year right? So that too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And I've only purchased it last week and haven't played more than 2hrs but already feel that Talos Principle will become my real 'deserved so much better' candidate looking back.

My personal 'deserved so much better' candidate is Far Cry 4. I didn't play it until just last month, but the game is an absolute blast and much better than FC3. Kudos to those that voted for it.

Arthea

our legendary GOTY finally?
I won't comment on top list too much, because opinions and how they work is not very fun topic. Only wanted to say, that I would have voted for Transistor if I played it before submitting my votes, #3 no less.
Other than that I secretly hoped miracle will happen and Trails will hit top 10. Well, at least it's in top 20. All you who voted for it have indeed great taste in games. :)

So little votes for The Room is kinda disappointing too, but someone besides me voted for it! And even more surprisingly One Finger Death Punch is in top 30 as are Hexcells games, even Banished squeezed somehow into top 30.

2014 was indeed a great year for games on PC.

On the side note, I find it funny that two favourite Knurek's games share the same position - 19.

Knurek

On the side note, I find it funny that two favourite Knurek's games share the same position - 19.

Yeah, I'm the king of 11-20...
(For the record, my vote:
Game 5 (1 point) : The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Game 4 (2 points) : Hexcells Plus
Game 3 (3 points) : Valkyria Chronicles
Game 2 (4 points) : Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
Game 1 (5 points) : Might & Magic X - Legacy)

Sad that I was the only one to vote for 1001 spikes. It really is an amazing little platform game and I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

Otherwise the ranks look pretty ok to me even if I only really like the top two games (will play Alien soon).

Almighty

Almost certainly going to be my #1 vote as well. We'll see how the Witcher turns out, might be number 2.

Come to think of it, those are the only games I'm really looking forward to right now....

Pillars would have to be a huge disappointment for me to not get the number one spot. As for the Witcher 3 well I remain cautiously optimistic. Anytime a RPG series move to a massive open world I become very skeptical that it won't be dumbed down and go for quantity over quality.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Crimzon Clover World Ignition on 15., not bad!
My personal Steam GOTY of 2014. Nice to see it in the top 20 :)

Also happy that Trails in the sky seems to be liked a lot

Hypron

Kind of shocking that Dark Souls 2 made it that high considering the kinds of vitriolic garbage that's been said about it.

The PC version of DS2 is the best multiplayer Souls experience tbh so I'm not surprised it scored that high.

Good list. Pretty much equal to last years in terms of quality.

Curious though, why is this Steam-only? Why not PC? That way we can include games released on origin, GOG and games like Elite: Dangerous.

Arthea

Good list. Pretty much equal to last years in terms of quality.

Curious though, why is this Steam-only? Why not PC? That way we can include games released on origin, GOG and games like Elite: Dangerous.

gaf GOTY has PC section already, why would we repeat that?

Miletius

STEAM GAF has good taste. I should vote next time, but I had a hard enough time even coming up with a conventional top 10.

Thanks heaps for putting this together guys!

I didn't see this thread, hopefully this year there are some more people voting. Maybe if it gets mentioned in the overall GAF GOTY thread, that would increase the number of people participating.

Ashamed to say I've only been able to play, Wolfenstein, South Park and Mordor off of the list. One day, Divinity, one day....

Nabs

We should have a side vote next year where we vote for 2014 titles we got to late. It could be cool to see how Steam sales change things a bit.

Lethal League was #3 on my list

I'm just happy we beat Nidhogg :)

I like Nidhogg, but it's a war out there.

Parsnip

I'm okay with this list.

Looks like I was the only one to cast votes for Guacamelee STCE and Castlevania LoS2. :p
Haven't even played half of the top10, heh.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGaf got taste, but I already knew that

Divinity is at the well-deserved place.
I thought Dragonfall would be at top 5. :/

Anyway, the vote was organized through the regular steam community thread, not a regular voting thread in gaming section.

Bl@de

1 | Divinity: Original Sin (231 Points / 4.05 APS)

17 | Wasteland 2 (36 Points / 3 APS)

19 | Might & Magic X - Legacy (32 Points / 3.2 APS)

See you next year!

NqTA2GO.gif

Way better than the NeoGAF
console
GOTY list

but m&m x is technically a uplay title^^

Vamphuntr

Divinity was the best thing I played last year so pretty glad more people might now enjoy it. It such an amazing achievement for Larian. They kept making clunky and janky games and then make a polished isometric RPG.

Santiako

Divinity was the best thing I played last year so pretty glad more people might now enjoy it. It such an amazing achievement for Larian. They kept making clunky and janky games and then make a polished isometric RPG.

If you haven't played it, the original Divine Divinity is a complete masterpiece too (also an isometric rpg).

Almighty

I think they are the perfect example of what publisher interference can do. Like Santiako said I remember Divine Divinity being pretty good the rest though were kind of iffy.

Vibranium

Banned
Great list guys! I'm playing through The Evil Within and forgot to give it a vote in my list, oh well.

Can't wait for Wolfenstein The Old Blood and the possible sequel. Really happy to see South Park up there too, Steamworks really does make people appreciate a game, Ubi.

Lain

Solid list.
I hoped for FFXIII to be higher since it's a great game and I wanted my quote to appear but it is still the top voted FF game on the list so I'll be happy with that.

21 | Endless Legend (29 Points / 3.22 APS)
27 | Jazzpunk (16 Points / 2 APS)
28 | Hatoful Boyfriend (15 Points / 2.5 APS)
46 | Elliot Quest (6 Points / 3 APS) - High five to whoever also voted for Elliot Quest o/
57 | Mountain (2 Points / 2 APS)

Solid list SteamGAF

Ozium

Didn't expect Crypt of the necrodancer to be high up there, barely see any mention of the game on here and its early access. (highest early access game on the list)

it's damn good fun if you are fan of either the roguelike or rhythm genres

MRORANGE

Just would like to thank jschackles for taking the reigns in this and being amazingly faithful to the format from last year which was never asked for. Fantastic work and its great the results are finally out and wealth of data that has been uncovered on what SteamGAF finds interesting in the PC spectrum.

Thanks again jshackles :)

Ozium

damn just realized DRAGON THE GAME got snubbed

and I just wondered how we should treat EA games, wait til full release for them to be counted?

Top Bottom