• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamGAF GOTY Results Are In (Finally)

Curious_George

Neo Member
Very solid top 10. #1 & #2 are exactly the same as on my personal list too. I think those who don't think DS2 deserves such a high spot should give the DLC a chance. I enjoyed the base game but the DLC for me was what locked it in place as my #2.

Divinity was the best thing I played last year so pretty glad more people might now enjoy it. It such an amazing achievement for Larian. They kept making clunky and janky games and then make a polished isometric RPG.
I wouldn't discount their games. It took me several years and a couple plays of the Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga demo before I was convinced to buy it. The full game ended up really surprising me with its quirky humour, solid game design, and completely insane concepts.

Larian's one of those developers that deserves the benefit of the doubt for all their projects. They're unlike any other dev out there.
damn just realized DRAGON THE GAME got snubbed

and I just wondered how we should treat EA games, wait til full release for them to be counted?

Just ignore them until full release. Otherwise there'll be cases where the same game keeps showing up year after year, like Project Zomboid or DRAGON THE GAME.

Durante

19 | Crimzon Clover World Ignition (32 Points / 3.2 APS)
19 | Might & Magic X - Legacy (32 Points / 3.2 APS)
Makes me happy to see these two in the top 20 at least. Should be even higher, but still, Steam GAF = best GAF.

RK9039

Divinity...

pfOJkTk.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just would like to thank jschackles for taking the reigns in this and being amazingly faithful to the format from last year which was never asked for. Fantastic work and its great the results are finally out and wealth of data that has been uncovered on what SteamGAF finds interesting in the PC spectrum.

Thanks again jshackles :)

Any time man, any time. Thanks for giving me such a good template to work from!

sprinkles

Funny, my #1's last year and the year before both ended up being overall #2 (Bioshock Infinite and Dark Souls 2).

I would have put up Divinity in my Top 5 as well, but I did not come around to play through that one until last month.

Not happy that Trials in the Sky FC did not make the Top 10 and I would have preferred a higher rank for Lords of the Fallen, but the list overall is pretty solid.

titch

Thanks to MRORANGE & jshackles for their awesome work - glad i got a chance to vote in the end and looking forward to a 2015 full of steam gaming.

I hope those that complained 'where are the goty's' are happy now and maybe realise how much of someone's free time goes into compiling the info.

Momentary

Banned
Maybe if we had a STEAMGAF GOTY Badge it would get featured on the Steam page or something for whatever game won. I'm sure there is more to it than that. But I've seen forums of lesser popularity have their awards featured on Steam store pages for games.

Sch1sm

Huh. 3 of my votes broke top 10. Solid enough. Disappointed The Evil Within is so far down the list. Genuinely enjoyed the game quite a bit. I like the diversity of the list, at least.

Never played Divinity. Guess I'm going to have to give it a shot now.

rickyson1

nice to see my #1 win shame Valkyria Chronicles wasn't in the top 10(although at least it was 11th I guess)

am I seriously one of only two people to vote for age of wonders 3?

Durante

nice to see my #1 win shame Valkyria Chronicles wasn't in the top 10(although at least it was 11th I guess)

am I seriously one of only two people to vote for age of wonders 3?
Ihad it in my top 10 on the GotY list, but with only 5 games allowed on the Steam list (and the ability to also add Valkyria) it didn't make it. Sorry :(

Top Bottom