• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Dig 2 Review Thread

lt519

Awesome, I love this teams output. I'm drowning in games so I'll get it when I'm done with Mario + Rabbids and SMO.

I thought I owned the first game in some capacity, but a quick check through xb/ps/steam/gog shows that I don't. I think it was free on PSN once but I haven't been a plus subscriber for a long time now. It would be nice (for me) to see it show up on GwG, I've heard good things about it but it's just not high on my priority list. Glad to hear the second game is well-reviewed too, someday I'll probably grab it as a bundle.

Dipship31

Somebody mentioned on page 1 they got a 13 hour flight for this. I've got a 10-hour to London this Saturday night and this was my plan for that flight, but now even more excited seeing these reviews!

I'm finally getting around to playing Heist and will dig in to this sequel as soon as I can. I plowed through the first dig game and loved it to bits. Who knew a game about digging would be such fertile soil?

Somebody mentioned on page 1 they got a 13 hour flight for this. I've got a 10-hour to London this Saturday night and this was my plan for that flight, but now even more excited seeing these reviews!

Your flight is going to fly by in more ways than one.

I had no doubt. Image & Form has yet to release a bad game, even Steamworld Tower Defense was solid. I'll be getting this on Switch immediately, but are there any version differences to be aware of? I know it's basically launching everywhere within a week; I assume PC would be the best non-portable version to pick up. I'd like at least one "secondary" version but have all platforms available to me.

Zemm

Downloading this and Thimbleweed tomorrow!

giphy.gif

Plum

Gonna post the OT in about an hour (got a few more things to add). I'll keep updating the thread but if there's a review out and not in here feel free to PM me and I'll put it in when I can.

Plum

What else is this on, Is this a Switch exclusive?

It's a timed exclusive for one day. Steam, PS4 and Vita (with crossbuy for the other two). The Steam version comes out on the 22nd and the PS4/Vita versions a few days later.

I'm heavily leaning towards getting this as I haven't really used my Switch much since MK8 deluxe and would love to play something like this in the go since Snakepass and Shantae didn't really vibe with me.

Hopefully it's under $30 cad.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Amazing. Buying it instantly tomorrow on Switch.

Meffer

I'm heavily leaning towards getting this as I haven't really used my Switch much since MK8 deluxe and would love to play something like this in the go since Snakepass and Shantae didn't really vibe with me.

Hopefully it's under $30 cad.

If you like Metroid you'll like this. You dig down while getting powerups and abilities to progress past obstacles and dig faster and get new ways to dig. Materials you find gives you money to purchase upgrades to be stronger, have duration for things last longer and take up less resources (steam). The first one was fantastic and the sense of power you got towards the end of the game was nothing but satisfying. And the digging was also fun. Making your own path and having to consider how that affects your movement going back to your base and moving forward is engaging (don't worry, there are checkpoints you can make and hard checkpoints to warp back and forth).
This game takes everything about the first game, fixes some issues and makes everything better.

Plum

Wait is it unlocking in 4:40h in the EU eShop?

I'm not sure. There's no official info out there on when this is getting put onto the eShop. We'll just have to wait and see if it's a midnight-relative-to-time-zone release or a set-time release.

Top Bottom