• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Heist review thread - Too Robust To Rust!

Chopper

Fan-fucking-tastic. I could not be happier for Image & Form. And I could not be more excited to download the shit out of this on Thursday.

Congratulations guys.

Samaritan

Game looks great! Loved Dig and can't wait to play this one. Going to be hard to pick between this and FAST Racing Neo though...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dig was one of my favorite games of the last few years

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Well OT should be up in a few hours with all the info but real quick:

3DS releasing tomorrow, other platforms next year.
Price will be $16.99 / €16.99 / £11.99 until December 31st, then will go to it's regular price of $19.99 / €19.99 / £14.99.

Thoraxes

Congrats to what appears to be another really solid game.

The murmurings i've heard seemed to say as much too.

FYI people, if you want this on 3DS, Best Buy is doing 10% off eShop cards next week, iirc.

Oregano

Fantastic to see that this game will be as good if not better than the first Steamworld title! Can't wait to download and play their take on a strategy game. Such a cool direction to take the franchise and I'm happy it seems like they pulled it off!

It might even be better than the second Steamworld title! ;)

BashNasty

Hmm, I seem to be one of the few who really didn't... dig Dig, but if this game is supposed to be a lot different, I'll have to take a look. Great scores.

FLD

Glad to see this reviewing well. Can't wait for the PC version to drop.

I should probably go back and finish Dig at some point, though. I made it to what I'm pretty sure was the final boss, tried a couple times and failed. Then I got distracted by some other game and just never went back to it.

AEREC

So what time does this launch today, was hoping to grab before my morning commute but I didn't see it on the 3DS eshop.

Kssio_Aug

Never played Dig, besides being interested in it for a while. I'm very intrigued by this new one now, haven't even heard about it!

Chopper

Been playing it for a bit. Lovely stuff. Tricky though. Still getting to grips with opening doors and then not immediately being exposed to gunfire.

Exile20

I'm with ya!

Wait... where are we running to?

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

Running back to the pack of dozens of Vita owners. They need to stick together to keep warm during the winter months.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Download just finished. Boy, it's good to be a 3ds owner ; )

Jhoan

Is this coming to PC later on?

3DS today, all other platforms 2016.

Loved SteamWorld Dig on 3DS since it was a great Metroid style game. I was a bit worried about the complete change in genre but the Treehouse E3 demo put the fears to rest as the dev was very assuring that retained the game's art style and world.

Have to make some space on the SD card but I think I need to stop being stingy and order a 32GB or 64GB SD card so I don't sacrifice demos. The 15 dollar price tag has me holding on tight to my wallet but it sounds like it would make one last great 3DS game after a decent year of 3DS games so I might justify it.

JPon87

Neo Member
Definitely downloading this over the weekend! Image and Form are on a roll it seems. Such a cool way to expand the franchise and seems to have maintained the quality too! Excited for this and whatever they come up with next!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Those are some very impressive reviews. I wasn't really planning on getting this game, but I might have to. I hope there's a cross-buy sale later on for Wii U.

Top Bottom