• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamWorld Heist review thread - Too Robust To Rust!

djlr181

Does this mean it'll be a good game to play on the bus while listening to a podcast or something? I loved doing that with Dig :p

The music is good, but you hear the same songs over and over again during missions so definitely podcast away. However, I would recommend occasionally enjoying the in-game audio. There are some surprise musical moments that you'll encounter (usually at the in-game bars).

Spike

I would really love to be playing this, but I just can not afford it right now. Hopefully, I should be playing it in March or so.

I loved Dig, so I'm hoping that feeling will translate to this game. I love strategy games, too.

watershed

Banned
Does this mean it'll be a good game to play on the bus while listening to a podcast or something? I loved doing that with Dig :p

I suppose so. I mean the music and sound are good but there are enough visual cues to tell you everything you need to know without sound.

It's really cool how there is a "band" playing in one of the bars and Steam Powered Giraffe is playing in the background.

The sound effects are pretty nice. I think they might have reused some from SteamWorld Dig. Like when you pick up swag, I think it plays the same sound effect that it would play if you picked up some gems in Dig.

watershed

Banned
I hope people take the time to pick up this game on whatever platform they have (it's coming to just about everything isn't it?), it's a great, great game. The core gameplay is really addictive and the whole game oozes silly, steampunk style.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Fantastic game is fantastic.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Really hope this can be played with firmware 9.2 after spoofing to access the eShop and buy the game.
Want to support those guys, Dig was awesome and this one looks fantastic and so different!

Top Bottom