• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The trophy grind for the ranged kills is so good

I’m taking every enemy down to a point or two of health and then blammo with that super quick slo mo kill shot

perfection GIF

Last edited:

Isa

The trophy grind for the ranged kills is so good

I’m taking every enemy down to a point or two of health and then blammo with that super quick slo mo kill shot

perfection GIF
Yeah I really like the ammo type variety the gun gives us, plenty to mess around with and feels good.

I'm loving the game too, had it digitally then bought it physically for the offline 1.0 version. Very fun game, well designed with rewarding exploration which is a mark of good game design. I'm going to be sad when it ends as not too many games come along like this nowadays.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just did a crazy platforming section in the Wasteland. Another can down. Also found a few outfits along the way.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
About 5 hours in (just getting into the wasteland) and I gotta say I'm loving everything. The platforming reminds me of the semi-clunky PS2 action game platforming of the time so while I dock points I also get a little fun nostalgia out of that.

The combat is rewarding and I'm so happy it has none of the annoyances of souls games like taking away currency and progress upon death. Upgrades could be more significant but I see there's 2 skill trees still hidden.

The writing that was so maligned in reviews I just don't see much of the problem with. It's simple so far but the characters still have distinct personalities and Eve especially has an interesting mix of curious naiveness for this world along with an obvious sense of responsibility and how to treat with and deal with the various reactions she gets from native humans. The information broker especially gets to her nerves more than others while complimenting yet looks which I found to be a nice touch. Shows she's perhaps a little insecure being this perfect angel in a world so dour. Same when she gets the shy reaction from the other shopkeep who perhaps idolizes her.

Go_Ly_Dow

Okay finally completed the FF16 DLC and can begin this tomorrow! Very excited.

I'll admit I was struggling on the demo at medium difficulty, so may just go with easy. :messenger_grimmacing_

Or maybe I should just get gud....

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Eve especially has an interesting mix of curious naiveness for this world along with an obvious sense of responsibility and how to treat with and deal with the various reactions she gets from native humans. The information broker especially gets to her nerves more than others while complimenting yet looks which I found to be a nice touch. Shows she's perhaps a little insecure being this perfect angel in a world so dour. Same when she gets the shy reaction from the other shopkeep who perhaps idolizes her.

There’s a real quiet classiness to her. I fucking love how collected and professional she is on top of her curiosity or naïveté about Earth. It’s just so well done.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Gaaaaaah!!! Those damned timed random order symbol crates are going to be the end of me. Just can’t do’ em. My brain and fingers freeze up. lol.

Go_Ly_Dow

The game is very forgiving. This is not like Sekiro or Lies of P at all in terms of difficulty.
Nice that's good to hear, well I'll start on normal difficulty like I do for all games. I don't think I was putting enough effort when playing the demo to time dodges and attacks properly. I was playing it like NieR which is more about fast combos and zipping around enemies.

SkylineRKR

I'll admit I was struggling on the demo at medium difficulty, so may just go with easy. :messenger_grimmacing_

The game is actually quite soothing. There is no penalty upon dying as your level progress, opened doors, loot etc all persists. You don't have to re-solve a puzzle or some shits just because you ate a cheap shot. Usually you are a few steps away from it, with all your heals refilled.

All this while the combat can be challenging. I think they found a good middle ground. Its not as daunting as DMC or NG, which keep you on edge for an entire chapter, but the combat isn't as braindead as FFXVI either. The game just isn't frustrating, save for some clunkyness with traversal.

Gaaaaaah!!! Those damned timed random order symbol crates are going to be the end of me. Just can’t do’ em. My brain and fingers freeze up. lol.
I find those ones easier if I just stare at the middle and see what buttons I have to press in my peripheral vision rather than trying to look at every single one. Lose too much time doing that.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member

I been playing on story and making my own challenge when I feel like it lol. Still feels good to get through an encounter with no hits even if you didn't need to lol

I also came fresh off the FF16 dlc for this. Two "sexist" games in a row I love (well love stellar blade so far lol)

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Reached the second open world area and I'm starting to feel a little fatigue with the side content. It doesn't help that it has the same drab color palette as the first open world section and the same trope about power being down.

Madflavor

Beat the game. Pretty much my GotY I think. It's an 8/10 game, I think the MC score is pretty accurate on that. But it's a very strong 8/10 game. Sometimes you can objectively look at another game as a 9 or 10/10, but you personally may have had more fun with the 8/10 game you played. That's Stellar Blade for me. The combat is great, the music top tier, the visuals and performance are a breath of fresh air these days, and goddamn was it nice to play as a Female Protagonist that was hot as fuck.

Going to jump into Hard Mode NG+ next.

Crayon

I got to an optional boss. Tried a lot but that was last thing before bed. So I went to beat it this morning, but I forgot it was optional.

I was beating my head against this thing and the thought of switching to easy was flashing through my head. When I finally won, I rememvered this was just a sidequest and I could have just turned around and left the whole time.

About 5 hours in (just getting into the wasteland) and I gotta say I'm loving everything. The platforming reminds me of the semi-clunky PS2 action game platforming of the time so while I dock points I also get a little fun nostalgia out of that...
& this's my excuse for not getting the game till there's a good price drop. I instantly disliked it in the demo, but, ultimately, i'm willing to put up with it. just not at $100 canadian...

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
& this's my excuse for not getting the game till there's a good price drop. I instantly disliked it in the demo, but, ultimately, i'm willing to put up with it. just not at $100 canadian...
But later on you get double jump and air dash so for me platforming hasn't giving me that much trouble.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Haha fair though I'm getting used to it pretty quick. Still think it's better than the platforming in any FromSoft game but maybe that's because the only times it's killed me are when I've had a checkpoint and it doesn't make me lose currency of course

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
90% of the guys here saying “my wife/gf” have never touched a woman.

100% of the people saying they are the wife/gf are men.
I'm not really sure what would make you say that. I've seen plenty of women streaming this that seem to like eve plenty too.

Zheph

I'm not sure what's so bad with the platforming unless you prefer it's all automated like in an Assassin's Creed

R6Rider

Gold Member
I don't mind the platforming personally.

Works well enough, and it's not completely magnetic feeling like so many games. The only part that feels weird to me is when moving horizontally and needing to jump from point to point a lot.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Started yesterday. I started from the beginning again (not transferring save from demo). When a bit after where the demo was ending.

Still love the combat. I love messing around with the different combo and find them utility.

I see praises for the music but so far except some "ok" environmental tracks, it's very bad for me xD

Question regarding the exospine bonuses like "+14% damage on chains lvl II or more" :
When the bonus is applied ? On the last hit of the chain ? Or as soon as you transitioned into the chain ?
Example :
One of the lvl II chain is
yXULMwj.png
yXULMwj.png
SJACXPr.png
SJACXPr.png

Does the bonus start to apply directly when pressing the first
SJACXPr.png
? (When it's not the LVL I chain, 4x
yXULMwj.png
, anymore)

Top Bottom