• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellaris Multiplayer Thread | Comet Sighted!

Steel

Banned
I'm not opposed to forcing a travel type in NA time. Hyperlane only does have some nice terrain, but it's pretty interesting to take out wormhole stations and cripple an enemy's movement, too.

NA Time: I would prefer like an hour earlier, but I guess I can make it work if everyone else agrees to it.

I could live with an hour earlier.

While the Americans are still sorting themselves out, I'll go ahead and suggest that us Europeans in the meantime start the game this Sunday, May 29th.
The people who haven't decided what ruleset to play with yet should please do so.

We're also going to need hosts for both games (my computer is too weak to host a game). I'll make strawpolls for the galaxy size/shape etc. the day before we start.

Orgun

I'm gonna have to drop, I go on holiday this Friday and won't be back int time for the start.

I'll get in on a future game.

Steel

Banned
While the Americans are still sorting themselves out, I'll go ahead and suggest that us Europeans in the meantime start the game this Sunday, May 29th.
The people who haven't decided what ruleset to play with yet should please do so.

We're also going to need hosts for both games (my computer is too weak to host a game). I'll make strawpolls for the galaxy size/shape etc. the day before we start.

Well, since that's after the new patch goes into beta, I'm good with that for NA too. If other NA'ers want to chime in and state their preferences we can figure things out.

Actually let's try this for figuring out the times(since one person chimed in as not liking the times):

In the swath of time between 17:00 to 23:00 Central Time are there any two hour periods that are bad for you?

dmann

I counted four NA EST players so far based on the folks that have posted.

Since I'm on the east coast as well, I'll prefer if we can move an hour earlier that would be perfect -> 20:00 CST to 22:00 CST.

Shaldome

So I assume we start the game with the latest stable patch and not with 1.1.0 beta released today? I haven't tested the beta patch yet, maybe someone else might chime in who has tried it. According to Wiz the patch should not break save games, so it would not be a problem starting without the beta and just use it when it is officially released.

So it's going down today right?

Also, whatever color mod we choose (48 or 120, though there are others), it would seem they only have issues with the 1.1 beta. I prefer the 120 one.

General
Colour Mod: http://www.strawpoll.me/10340627

Please don't vote in a poll you don't belong to.
Casual EU
Galaxy Shape: http://www.strawpoll.me/10340590
Advanced AI starts: http://www.strawpoll.me/10340619

Competitive EU
Galaxy Shape: http://www.strawpoll.me/10340599

NA
Galaxy Shape: http://www.strawpoll.me/10340603

Galaxy size depends on how many players are around, for each group. Since not every EU player has stated their preferred ruleset, it's impossible to make a decision based on it.
AI difficulty should be normal for every game for now, since it's the very first session.

Either way - I would like to start today.

Honestly feels like the general interest has faltered quite a bit since release. Guess people have realized the flaws of the game and whatnot.
Hope we can manage to get together a session regardless.

Honestly feels like the general interest has faltered quite a bit since release. Guess people have realized the flaws of the game and whatnot.
Hope we can manage to get together a session regardless.

Yeah, the game lacks a bit of depth which becomes more apparent with each extra hour of gameplay. But still, i would like to try MP since i think it would make the game more interesting. Have not touched Stellaris in a week though, i might be a bit rusty. Total War: Warhammer has been consuming my time, as well as uni stuff.

Kinda forgot about this.
I'm going to have to drop out of the first run as well unfortunately.
I have a back surgery coming up next week and I've been told the recovery time is pretty brutal... so I probably won't have the patience to play any video games for a couple of weeks.

CloudWolf

I'm still in for tonight. I've not played as much as I wanted lately because I'm finishing my last college assignments (and hopefully finally graduating after six years) and replaying The Witcher 3 to prepare for Blood & Wine, but I'm in.

Yeah, honestly, sorry to NA guys but today is looking like it's gonna be unexpectedly busy for me. Plus, I'd prefer to wait for the, you know, massive bugfixes to start anything.

I'm not going to stand in the way if people want to gather up and play tonight or next week, but it does seem like the best approach would be to wait for now.

Steel

Banned
I'm not going to stand in the way if people want to gather up and play tonight or next week, but it does seem like the best approach would be to wait for now.

I agree with waiting, actually. 1.1 fixes a lot and adds some things to empire creation(they change some things with ethics and governments, and add a few cosmetic details).

Who's in charge of the NA games? Did one happen the other day?

How far out is the stable release of 1.1?

Edit: 1.1 was released today.

Steel

Banned
So who is volunteering to take the lead for the NA game?

I'm down for starting this Sunday.

Definitely down for sunday, but I've never played a paradox grand strategy game in multiplayer before, better yet hosted, so, not it.

Yeah, I'd like at least four. Since Red's banned, I guess I'll PM the rest of the NA members to see if we can get a game going this week.

I've sent out messages to everyone on the NA list except Poodlestrike.

If anyone that's not on the list wants to join, post in here or send me a PM.

Ideally, we'd start at 20:00 CDT on Wednesday.

We've got four (NA) players, so it looks like the game's on for Wednesday from 20:00 to 22:00 CDT.

If anyone else wants to join, let me know.

Top Bottom