• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellaris Multiplayer Thread | Comet Sighted!

WuNTBYI.jpg

PLAYING HOURS:
European sessions:
Wednesdays 21:30 to 23:00 CEST
Sundays 21:00 to 23:00 CEST

American sessions:
Wednesdays 21:00 to 23:00 Central
Sundays 21:00 to 23:00 Central

Americans, feel free to discuss this among yourselves.

Players:

Europe - Casual:
1. Kabouter
2. Lach
3. tmespe
4. shaldome
5. smjanssen
6. Royal_Phalanx

Europe - Competitive:
1. Orgun
2. Volodja
3. Brohan
4. KingSnake
5. fanboi
6. Octavianus
7. Airbar
8. CloudWolf
9. Uzzy
10. Aureon (can play at NA-favoured times)
11. Sickboy007
12. franbatista123
13. Gandysampras
14. Zeknurn
15. Calabi

Europe - :
Red Arremer (I will decide later)
Skyward Sheep
PayOffWizard
bjaelke
Fitz
Roboleon
Wes
Aiii
Chariot
GRaider82

NA:
1. HundredEyeMonk - Competitive preference
2. Forerunner - Competitive preference
3. CzarTim
4. Geist- - Competitive preference
5. Poodlestrike - Competitive preference(?)
6. Zoomed
7. -tetsuo-
8. exmachina64
9. Steel - Competitive preference
10. Limiting Factor - Competitive preference

RULES:

Note: These are the first draft. Things here might change a bit.

General:
Technical:
1. If you consistently cause the game to drop below Normal speed, you will be kicked for the duration of the session.

Gameplay:
2. Pausing only allowed when DoW happens to you. Then during the war it isn't acceptable. Players can pause once to make peace deals, but only for 25 seconds or so. PvP wars are not exempted.

3. A general anti-exploit rule. Basically, if it looks like an exploit, then don't do it. Don't try to circumvent rules through trickery. If you're unsure if something violates this rule, ask.

Empire Creation:
4. Try to avoid using too many similar colours, symbols and species. We might introduce the more colour mod if it works for MP so we can have more variety in that regard.

Casual:
The casual session is aimed at players who only want to do PvP incidentally or in a very limited fashion.

5. Players may not guarantee, ally, or be guaranteed by more than 1 other player nation prior to 2300, 2 other prior to 2400, or 3 others prior to 2550. An alliance may not have more than 3 player nations prior to 2300, 4 player nations prior to 2400, or 5 player nations prior to 2550. This rule does not count for any player controlled subjects a player might have. Indirect involvement in wars (for instance threatening someone with an attack unless they don't engage in a war against human players) counts as an alliance for the player being helped and thus is only allowed if the player being helped does not exceed its human ally limit in this fashion.

6. Player nations that are AI-controlled (absent players) are open to attack once they miss three straight sessions, you can attack during that third session. If the AI attacks another player in his absence, they can demand up to 50% war score, but no more. If an AI playing for a human nation joins a war against a human player as a third party, up to 25% war score may be demanded from that country.

7. For PVP wars: Achieving an overall war score of 80% also means the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side. Peace demands can not exceed 100% war score. People can't be forced to peace out separately in a PvP war, to avoid peace demands from being truly excessive. Similarly, don't circumvent the war score cap by declaring multiple wars as a single alliance. If you do this, the total demands can't be more than 100%. If non-aligned human players both attack another human player, this obviously does not apply.

8. The first session will have a global non-aggression pact between all players. If an AI allied to another player wants to declare upon a player nation during this session, the player nation allied to the AI must decline that declaration of war.

9. Researching Jump Drive and Synthoids is prohibited (i.e. the Unbidden and AI revolt crises cannot be caused by players). Of course there's still the Swarm crisis which happens randomly, or maybe the AI researches those tech.

Competitive:
The competitive session is aimed at players who don't mind PvP. This session can involve people piling up on each other, or betrayal between players (though if you are a backstabber, be aware nobody will trust you any longer).

5. Player alliances can be as big or small as desired.

6. Absent players' nations are only protected for one session, and if the AI piloting an absent player's empire declares war on another player, taking 100% warscore is allowed.

7. PVP wars are everything goes.

8. No global non-aggression pact during the first session.

9. All technologies are allowed. It is up to the players to counter any pan-galactic threats.

10. If you get knocked out, please don't be a sore loser. A bit of salt is fine, but don't be rude to the players who beat you.

GAME SETTINGS

TBD

This is the thread for the first Stellaris MP session on GAF. Before we start right away, we'll have to decide on a starting time, a starting date (at least a week or two after release so people can get into the game, and Paradox can iron out the biggest bugs on release), as well as what set of rules/settings would be preferred.

If you want to sign up, please post your region (Europe, America, Asia/Oceania), and your ruleset preference.

Add me to the list!!!!

I am a US player, btw in case you want to start tracking that.

EDIT: FIRST. Glad I woke up to check out the Stream. Last time I was first in anything, I made it to the egg.

Me Me!

EU, but other than not being available on Tuesdays before 20:30 time isn't really an issue for me because I have no life.

Kabouter

Interested, so long as I get like a week or two to get used to the game first :p
Also, for EU, same playing schedule as EU4 please :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
In space nobody knows which way shit flows

For the record, EU4 session times were:
WEDNESDAYS 21:30 - 23:00 CEST

SUNDAYS 21:00 - 23:00 CEST

This also should be a decent time for NA players, but as said, if enough people come up, we can have 2 sessions.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
This game looks cool, but I doubt my computer will be able to run it :( So have fun guys! Im subbing this thread for the drama!

Volodja

Depending on the playing time, I may be in for it. European side, if a split were to be had.

Gotta make sure it will run decently on my PC late game first, though. Some of the chugging I've seen in the streams makes me worry.

Brohan

I would really like to join a multiplayer match but i have no experience with grand strategy games, i did play some 4x games like civ though so i'll figure things out along the way (or that's the plan atleast).

So if people don't mind having a noob in the multiplayer match then i would really like to join!

EU btw.

Depending on the playing time, I may be in for it. European side, if a split were to be had.

Gotta make sure it will run decently on my PC late game first, though. Some of the chugging I've seen in the streams makes me worry.

Just post if you know for sure. The list is non-committal at the moment anyway. :)

fanboi

Banned
I also Think we should set the timeslots when sessions is happening, easier for people to decide then if they can join or not.

Also I vote for the EU4 times :p worked out for the best.

Geist-

Against my better judgement I'll play. I hope it won't start too soon, I'd like a couple days to get my bearings.

NA

For the record, EU4 session times were:
WEDNESDAYS 21:30 - 23:00 CEST

SUNDAYS 21:00 - 23:00 CEST

This also should be a decent time for NA players, but as said, if enough people come up, we can have 2 sessions.

Sundays would be fine, I would think.

Unless NA people just don't work, I don't see how 3:30 EDT in the afternoon on Wednesdays would work for most NA folk lol.

EDIT: I mean, I'm willing to leave work early and all but damn :D

Kabouter

Sundays would be fine, I would think.

Unless NA people just don't work, I don't see how 3:30 EDT in the afternoon on Wednesdays would work for most NA folk lol.

EDIT: I mean, I'm willing to leave work early and all but damn :D

Seems likely there will be enough for a separate US game anyway tbh.

Kabouter

But then how will I play with all of my EU lovelies :( :( :(

I'm NA, but if it does split... I may just play with all the EU folks. And create an American empire. And subjugate you all.

:)

You're given a galaxy to play with and can do anything you like, and you just want to replicate real life?

Airbar

Neo Member
But then how will I play with all of my EU lovelies :( :( :(

I'm NA, but if it does split... I may just play with all the EU folks. And create an American empire. And subjugate you all.

:)

And now I am imagining a Empire of Man/Starship Troopers state headed by yours truly Donald Trump :D

Mindlog

I'm sure this won't be fun at all and be completely devoid of treachery :]
Have a good time everybody. It's almost here.

We might have to make 2 European games as well. I have this feeling that max players might not be running very smoothly (especially with players who have weaker systems, like myself), so halving the player count might be advisable.

Furthermore, we'll need people who are able to host the games, as well.

Top Bottom