• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stephen King is nominated for the worst depiction of a sex scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaulieu

I've read IT 10 years ago and it and I remember it was a fuckin awesome book, the best of King I've read (and I've read most of his work).

Dont remember a child orgy whatsoever.

feel

150641.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Well, they keep switching back and forth towards the end when they go down to the sewer as adults.

When they were "down to the sewer as adults" sounds so childish. It's not your fault, it's 100% Stephen King's fault.

Fusebox

Banned
Love Stephen King, but his sex scenes are weak.

If you want something really good to fap to during a horror book Clive Barker is the master. Books of Blood was my childhood pron.

200px-OnBeautybookcover.jpg

Someone read the sex scene from this one. I remember it being awkward- not in the way it was written, but in the clueless middle-aged guy banging down with his rival colleague's hot college aged daughter kind of way.

Do it.

GhaleonEB

But seriously if GAF knows of more dumb as fuck scenes they want read, I'm down.

Got a copy of his short story The Raft? I think it's in Skeleton Crew. Not the worst written, but certainly the most inexplicable, given the circumstances.

It's one of my favorite King stories, but damn.

Reread one of John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee mysteries the other day and he writes a pretty good sex scene. Not sexy or titillating, really, but nicely literary.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Got a copy of his short story The Raft? I think it's in Skeleton Crew. Not the worst written, but certainly the most inexplicable, given the circumstances.

It's one of my favorite King stories, but damn.

I remember this one. Sex there was appropriate.

aerts1js

Despite his inability to write great sex scenes there is NO denying that Stephen King is the fucking man: The Stand, The Shining, Shawshank Redemption, The Body, IT, Green Mile, Dark Tower, Bag of Bones, to name but a few of his excellent stories.

bill0527

I just finished 11/22/63 and I think this award may have been a little harsh. I'll spoiler just in case.

The woman was a virgin. She was southern. It took place in 1961.

The book was excellent. Lots of Easter eggs to some of his previous work and enough detail about the time period to exhaust you.

I don't read romance so I can't objectively judge, but it worked for me in this book. In fact, it made the book for me. If the love story had fallen apart then this entire story would have been in a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom