• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stephen King's IT |OT| He thrusts his fists and then he posts (Unmarked spoilers)

GhaleonEB

I'd got back to the theater to watch an extended cut.

Same.

I wonder how much of Mike's scenes ended up on the floor that could make it back in. I feel like they had something else for him in mind when they gave his town historian role for Ben, then that got cut and he was stranded.

Regardless, this is good news.

Very excited to hear there's an extended cut, I hope it's substantial. I could watch a 3 hour version easy. Pretty much all of my compaints with the movie come down to there not being as much as I'd like of certain aspects, so more content could really make me love a movie I already really like.

Spoo

It would be really nice if the extended cut has at least one additional scene with Pennywise being a bit more like he was in the Georgie scene, and less like a monster.

Caode

I bet that library scene plays a lot differently in an extended cut.

I'm curious as hell

5BkNkXV.jpg

Creepiest shot in the film.

I'd be down for an extended cut. The movie went by at a brisk pace.

Yeah I'd be super interested to see something more methodical.

As the first version of the story I've consumed, I enjoyed it. The adventure aspect was strong and the horror elements were interesting enough to keep me on my toes. Richie was hilarious, kinda sad that there were a couple of the kids that definitely weren't as well fleshed out as the rest.

Reading up on the book version though that infamous
orgy
scene sounded fucked. How the hell did people react back when the book was released other than saying "WTF".

Just got out of the theater and was thinking while watching how I would love a 3 hour cut of this movie. So glad to hear we are getting alittle something. Overall amazing movie. As someone who loves the book, this film was almost as good as it gets to getting it on screen. Obvious cuts and changes aside they nailed the it with the awesome sound design and visuals. Richies actor was on point and so was Bev. Not knocking the other kids cause they did awesome but those 2 stuck out.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The extended cut interests me but what I really want is an alternate audio track with the score removed.

Dead

well not really...yet
Was about to post about the directors cut being announced.

150 minute horror movie. When's the last time that happened??

Jarmel

Banned
So there was that article a few days ago discussing some of the Muschiettis' plans for IT: Chapter 2 including the inclusion of a large amount of childhood flashbacks in the adult movie. Well, here's another interesting tidbit about Chapter 2 that should be very intriguing for fans of the book:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-it-director-reveals-how-the-sequel-will-use-the-turtle-god

Really hope they go full cosmic with the second movie. I feel like that would be a great way to craft the climax.

Just saw it. I read the book when I was in about 6th grade, which was a really long time ago, so I've forgotten a lot. But I remember Beverly's dad being an abuser, hitting her, and not a molester (until maybe at the end, when It took him over??). Did they change that?

Also, in that scene upstairs in the haunted house, when Eddie breaks his arm, I thought the make-up was shockingly bad. The kid is clearly wearing a vest with a fake arm. It seemed bizarre in a movie with such good effects otherwise. Was there a point to this?

I live in an area with a lot of retired folks, and I see mostly matinees because I'm cheap and don't like other people, so I saw It with like a dozen senior citizens. The broken arm was like the one thing in the entire movie that made them gasp.

Razorback

Well, that was great. Really well done. Not super scary, but that's probably my fault cause I was too distracted marveling at the filmmaking.

What was the last good horror flick with a good score?

It Follows? The Witch, maybe? Covenant?

Covenant's score has really grown on me. Granted, heavy use of the Goldsmith stuff helped a lot. but it's a legit good score, I think.

Honestly, for as downhill as the Alien series has gone since 1992, the scores never followed the same trajectory. It's maybe the only real constant across all the movies.

Well, that was great. Really well done. Not super scary, but that's probably my fault cause I was too distracted marveling at the filmmaking.
I was simultaneously creeped out and impressed throughout the movie. Like this little voice in the back of my head was enjoying it from a filmmaking perspective while the rest of my was creeped out. :) The only real scare for me was when Bev turns and he grabs her by the neck. The whole theatre jumped at that one.

Only 15 minutes extra? I hope they go over the footage and find more and convince WB to go all out.

Still, 15 minutes is at least a pretty decent extra chunk.

The few jump scares there were, were pretty well done. They added to the movie instead of distracting from it like most "horror" films.

Jigorath

Banned
I thought Pennywise was at his scariest in the opening with Georgie. He never really recaptured that same creepiness throughout the rest of the movie.

I liked the film overall but I was hoping for more from Pennywise. The friend I was with liked the film a lot less than I did, but we both had the same issues with Pennywise.

Wanderer5

Creepiest shot in the film.

The library scene might be my favorite part of the movie (either that or the kids exploring the run down house). The lady in the background, the zooming in on the head, the Easter eggs that are smoking, and the headless boy which got a bit silly, but overall some really great stuff that were pretty damn creepy.

15 minutes is a lot of extra time in a movie, you guys. I mean, we also don't know how it's gonna cut together, what 15 minutes is going to do to the pacing

It's not just a matter of "slap it back in there because more = better."

Let's see how this 15 minutes re-integrates into the narrative before we start complaining that we didn't get more.

(there's also still a whole SECOND MOVIE to come, too)

Anung

Un Rama
I hope they give Mike some extra screen time. he was the weak link in the group for me.

Also Pennywise doing some more successful kills.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Who would be more difficult to deal with? Pennywise or Freddy? I feel like they're kiiiiinda similar.

Pennywise seems to troll you randomly, while he can be easily overcome. Freddy only trolls when sleeping and can only be defeated if you drag him into the real world, which seems to be a pain in the ass. I have to go with Freddy being harder to take down with my skillset. Pennywise seems harmless if you don't fear him and just pretend he doesn't exist.

You have to sleep and yes, figuring out how to beat Freddy, in a dreamscape he completely controls, is...yeah.

The thing is, considering IT is basically the evil counterpart of a being that created our universe, IT should have been way more powerful than Freddy, who is basically just a random monster. But it doesn't feel like that way, is it, especially IT as it's depicted in this movie.

For a cosmic being that existed before creation and the nemesis of a universe-creating entity. IT seems so weak in here.

Top Bottom