• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven S. DeKnight To Direct ‘Pacific Rim 2’

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Well, the problems I had with the first one were mostly about the script, so what really matter is that they have a new writer.
Hmmm, I don't know this Jon Spaihts guy, to the google machine -

Prometheus (written by)
The Darkest Hour (screenplay) / (story)

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'd feel better if Beacham were still doing the screenplay. Pacific Rim's script was horse shit, but his unproduced script Carnival Row is easily one of the best scripts I've ever read.

jb1234

is he a good writer? he's the in thing with studios right now but we've only seen 2 of his movies so far and they've both been absolutely shit.

we'll see when doctor strange and passengers is out.

I read his Passengers script and it was terrific (although it remains to be seen how much it's been changed since that draft and the shooting one).

duckroll

Wow, Del Toro not directing? Not sure how I feel about this. DeKnight seems like a pretty good showrunner, but I feel the episode he actually directed (the finale) was one of the weaker episodes.

Prologue

I'm really surprised and disappointed that Guillermo del Toro would let go of his child like this. He was incredibly passionate about this movie.

Blader

Christ, does del Toro have the saddest luck in all of Hollywood? Guy fights tooth and nail for a sequel, it gets cancelled, then it's back on, then cancelled again, now back on again with a completely different director. Jeez.

That said. I'm kinda intrigued about this.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This...isn't promising news. Was Del Toro simply too busy to do it? I love the first Pacific Rim, hopefully this will turn out well. :(

inky

It was likely this or not get Pacific Rim 2 at all, would be my guess

Can't wait on Del Toro forever

I can't imagine it is for that reason. He was ready to go and Legendary pulled the plug, or at least put it in hiatus. It's more likely he just moved on and is involved in something else. I noticed Jon Spaihts is now writing, when before it was Zak Penn.

Bit of a shame, but we'll see how it turns out.

duckroll

I mean, he's not Del Toro, but he's a fairly good choice.

Is he though? Based on what? The best we can say is that it's an interesting choice, but TV showrunners making their feature directorial debuts with franchise sequels is kinda hit or miss.

HBO let it go. So, Monster doesn't even have a network to broadcast it.

So, that puts "Monster" in the same hell as "Silent Hills", "At The Mountains of Madness", "The Hobbit", "Justice League Dark", "Hellboy 3", "Haunted Mansion", "Frankenstein", "Pinocchio", "inSANE" and likely so many many more projects.

The Del Toro curse is real.

Without Monster I have nothing to look forward to anymore in TV besides American Gods.

Come on Starz or Cinemax, pick up Monster.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Fuck yes.
a6EI3y1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom