• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StickSkills Rumor: New Mass Effect will be revealed at VGAs

RulkezX

HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT
I'm not sure I have the words to describe how much I want a new ME game.

i-Lo

featured1.jpg

They really need to fix that; with the new gen comes better fidelity and that horrendous animation will be ever more disturbing.

L1NETT

Cheers you two for the answer.

Gonna remain optimistic, however foolish that may end up being.

Hopefully it has the sense of scale and universe that ME 1 had with the great array of characters and options that ME 2 had.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Bring it so that I can sink another 60 hours of my life in it.

Hm if I was a betting man I would've bet they would wait till 2014 to tease ME 4. If they are doing it next month I can't imagine they will show much if anything important.

Not really that bothered about it, if anything all I feel now is "morbid curiosity" as to how they are going to continue the series.

Bring it so that I can sink another 60 hours of my life in it.

I've put 300-350 hours total into all three games in single player alone with multiple playthroughs including DLC, if I was forced to pick only one game series I could play for the entire life of next gen it would have to be next gen Mass Effect.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think this is their first full game. They did Omega, though.

Hudson and Walters are EP'ing it.

There are a fair number of other Mass Effect mostly-senior staff (like lead combat designers, lead producers) still on the game as well.

It's the top most staff that's on the new IP as their primary project.

Mory Dunz

I have a question about this game/series.

So...when I see pictures and GIFs like this, and all the other funny stuff, is it like a part of the game or are there mods/glitches involved or what? Like the facial expressions and dancing I guess. Es canon?

EDIT:
And why does his face always look creepy or have scarring and stuff? Is it a part of the story or can you edit him to look like that?

Banned
I hate the filth that is the VGA's so I'll wait for someone to upload the trailer. My heart is pumped with excitement...and blood....probably some unwanted fat cells in there too....

Raven77

I only want one piece of information regarding it.

Which of the previous ME's is it's gameplay designed around.

This seems too soon. It was only last year when ME3 launched, and I think the series could do with at least another year off before they reveal the next instalment.

Sendou

I hate the filth that is the VGA's so I'll wait for someone to upload the trailer. My heart is pumped with excitement...and blood....probably some unwanted fat cells in there too....

Eh if it's going to be as big of an improvement as it was 2011-2012 this year too then we're looking at a very decent show.

So...when I see pictures and GIFs like this, and all the other funny stuff, is it like a part of the game or are there mods/glitches involved or what? Like the facial expressions and dancing I guess. Es canon?

EDIT:
And why does his face always look creepy or have scarring and stuff? Is it a part of the story or can you edit him to look like that?
Let me tell you something.
Bo2sqci.gif

This seems too soon. It was only last year when ME3 launched, and I think the series could do with at least another year off before they reveal the next instalment.
Yea, the beginning of last year....March 2012 to Dec 2013...21 months is a long time. I'm estimating a Spring or Fall 2015 release anyway.

I am very excited after the the concept art and low res screen.

Hoping we play as an alien this time, the 'special' human story has been done, time to move onto an alien detective noir game...we play as an alien detective investigating a series of bizarre murders that branch out into a wider conspiracy or something along those lines.

milena87

0 interest in a new ME game from Bioware.

Mass Effect 1 was my favourite game of this generation and they didn't deliver with the sequels (still, ME2 had interesting characters, so it was enjoyable at least).

I'd be all over a ME game from the folks at Obsidian, though.

thumb

Banned
I'm willing to be convinced that I should care about the ME universe after ME 3. But I have no idea what it would take besides a ret-con, or an endorsement of indoctrination theory.

How awkward would it be otherwise in the ME universe? "Hey guys, remember when 'the sheperd' like, took control of the reapers by talking to a ghost boy, and then, like ordered them to make ice cream for all eternity? That was dope."

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I am very excited after the the concept art and low res screen.

Hoping we play as an alien this time, the 'special' human story has been done, time to move onto an alien detective noir game...we play as an alien detective investigating a series of bizarre murders that branch out into a wider conspiracy or something along those lines.
There is 0 chance we do not play as a human.

Why is everyone losing their minds over this?

We already knew this was coming and even had a thread with concept art yesterday?

Marvel

could never
Why is everyone losing their minds over this?

We already knew this was coming and even had a thread with concept art yesterday?

Because we might actually get to see something properly? not some blurry assed photos from a distance.

scarybore

Mass Effect isn't afraid to be either comedic or absurd at times despite the rather serious story going on, part of its charm and something not many games get right/even attempt these days.

masseffect2084shortenlqfvu.gif

That said, I'm not against a Mass Effect MMO but I don't think it's needed at this time, nor would bring much to the genre. Would love an RTS though.

Top Bottom