• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StickSkills Rumor: New Mass Effect will be revealed at VGAs

Why is everyone losing their minds over this?

We already knew this was coming and even had a thread with concept art yesterday?

I think it is more about the timing that has some hyped. It has certainly come like a bolt out of the blue that they will have the "official announce/teaser" this year. I personally didn't expect them to say anything about Mass Effect till the middle of 2014 with a release towards the end of 2015.

Why is everyone losing their minds over this?

We already knew this was coming and even had a thread with concept art yesterday?

It's new Mass Effect, on next gen consoles and possibly with the main character being an alien detective who wears a fedora and speaks in a grizzled voice and has a dark past...

Eggbok

tumblr_muj3wpl1RX1spemp8o4_r1_500.gif

aww yeah!!

tumblr_lxqikoIgXf1qbircao1_500.gif

For the love of god Bioware, get some decent animators this time around. I swear whenever I watch a cutscene or a conversation it looks like a more expensive Punch and Judy. And get some decent face models too. I'm tired of everyone that's not default Shep looking like they've been dead for three years. And get some decent writers for Christ Sakes. Whenever I hear anyone open their mouths I have to wonder if a professional writer was paid to write that or if they just copy-pasted it from a fanfiction off of some girls tumblr.

Hopefully it's more than just a CGI teaser. (It'll just be a CGI teaser).

Bioware loves to use Blur Studios for trailers. Blur does some of the best trailers in the industry, but it would be nice to see those levels of production value from live gameplay. I hope this gen is the death of the CGI teaser. Go to bed developers we need more Quantic Dreaming.

Lautaro

It's new Mass Effect, on next gen consoles and possibly with the main character being an alien detective who wears a fedora and speaks in a grizzled voice and has a dark past...

I want Farscape/Firefly made in Mass Effect form. Let me be a rogue/fugitive chased by a spectre with my crew of outlaws.

Bioware loves to use Blur Studios for trailers. Blur does some of the best trailers in the industry, but it would be nice to see those levels of production value from live gameplay. I hope this gen is the death of the CGI teaser. Go to bed developers we need more Quantic Dreaming.
They might not need Blur for a trailer since Frostbite 3 can create such awesome trailers. Bioware debuted Dragon Age: Inquisition in-engine in Frostbite anyway :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh8v3Et4tGE

inky

Hopefully it's more than just a CGI teaser. (It'll just be a CGI teaser).

Yup.

It'll be far away, so I will at least see how DA:I is received way before I consider anything about a new ME. How they pissed one of my favorite franchises is something I've still not forgotten.

Jarmel

Banned
There is 0 chance we do not play as a human.

Playing as a Turian would be absolutely amazing though. Imagine exploring the Turian homeworld as a Spectre. You could see their inner politics, culture, military, and gain a better appreciation for how other species treat Turians. The Turians are badass humans anyway so that could be a great opportunity.

LOL thanks.

Btw, does anyone know whether Dragon Age Inquisition will be cross gen or next gen title? I feel that it may be indicative of what Bioware wants to do with ME.

DA:I is cross gen. I believe it's accepted that it originally intended to launch before Fall 2014 though.

LOL thanks.

Btw, does anyone know whether Dragon Age Inquisition will be cross gen or next gen title? I feel that it may be indicative of what Bioware wants to do with ME.
Cross gen, but it's not indicative of what they want to do with ME at all. It started development as a current gen game a while ago and was intended to be released this year in the first place.

Gameplay of 3, story of 2.

What? No. Preferably no more "save the galaxy from big threats" arcs, but if it has to be, story or ME1. Level design a better version of 1 as well (more open-ended, but not as repetitive, to explore the unknown galaxy and worlds).

Unless you mean how 2 was more about the individual stories, in which case I agree.

i-Lo

DA:I is cross gen. I believe it's accepted that it originally intended to launch before Fall 2014 though.

Thanks

Cross gen, but it's not indicative of what they want to do with ME at all. It started development as a current gen game a while ago and was intended to be released this year in the first place.

Thanks. Do you mean they intended to release it this year on current or next gen consoles? Also, wouldn't the cost of game + install base + any unseen exclusivity deal be factors in whether or not it may be cross or next gen only?

Cool. I didn't like the original games that much but am willing to accept a fresh start with a new trilogy. The idea of the games sound so cool, but I never enjoyed any of it.

Probably because I only played 2 and 3.

Thanks. Do you mean they intended to release it this year on current or next gen consoles? Also, wouldn't the cost of game + install base + any unseen exclusivity deal be factors in whether or not it may be cross or next gen only?
They wanted to release it on both current and next gen consoles this year, but opted for a year delay.

EA doesn't always work like that though. Bioware decided it's vision for DAI can be realized at a minimum on current gen consoles, obviously next-gen will be the best experience for it. But they've obviously chosen not to allow that to stop them from focusing solely on next-gen consoles with some games, i.e next Mirror's Edge and Star Wars: Battlefront.

I think Bioware will want to make this game the best they can and opt out of current gen versions. At least I hope...

i-Lo

They wanted to release it on both current and next gen consoles this year, but opted for a year delay.

EA doesn't always work like that though. Bioware decided it's vision for DAI can be realized at a minimum on current gen consoles, obviously next-gen will be the best experience for it. But they've obviously chosen not to allow that to stop them from focusing solely on next-gen consoles with some games, i.e next Mirror's Edge and Star Wars: Battlefront.

I think Bioware will want to make this game the best they can and opt out of current gen versions. At least I hope...

And so do I.

mass_effect_2_into_citadel_by_gifsandmore-d6ely5o.gif

Combat and character movement in ME2/ME3 were far superior to ME1 however.

Gunplay was superior, but I felt the biotic powers were a massive step down compared to ME1. Namely, the powers you had at your disposal and how you could use more than one at a time and often to devastating effect.

Made you feel like a real badass, someone who should be feared, someone who deserved the title of Spectre.

Top Bottom