• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Store security guard allegedly removes feeding baby from womans breast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Shocked

Also, Primark keeping it classy

“Primark has cooperated fully with police investigators, and will not be commenting further on the ongoing proceedings against Mrs Starmer,” a Primark spokesman said.

“We are pleased to have the opportunity, however, to confirm that Primark will continue to work hard to ensure that all of our customers have a comfortable and enjoyable experience in our stores.

“This of course includes breastfeeding mothers, who remain welcome, as ever, at Primark.”

So are they suggesting she lied? Was she really asked to leave for breast feeding? Is there more to it than that? I know they're asking social media to cut down on sharing this story, but it seems like a lot of detail is missing. Surely they can't have asked her to leave just for breast feeding. No national store would have a dumb policy like this because of the inevitable backlash it would create.

BigAT

So are they suggesting she lied? Was she really asked to leave for breast feeding? Is there more to it than that? I know they're asking social media to cut down on sharing this story, but it seems like a lot of detail is missing. Surely they can't have asked her to leave just for breast feeding. No national store would have a dumb policy like this because of the inevitable backlash it would create.

It didn't happen, she made it up for attention.

Not surprised at all, it was far too unbelievable

It didn't happen, she made it up for attention.

Its suggested it was all made up as BigAT said, CCTV didn't show her being confronted let alone the baby being ripped from her breast, hell the security on duty didn't even match her description of a short Asian man - its good these attention seekers are prosecuted, trying to instigate a trial by social media for personal gain and/or attention

Sethista

Well her claims it seems are not substantiated by evidence, so theres that.

But I dont get why this bothers anyone. Like in the US when the whole janet jackson thing in the superbowl happened, it was like she murdered kittens live on tv. Its a nipple! literally close to 100% of the population has them, what is the big deal when one accidentally gets shown, or when a mother breastfeeds in public? is it that people find that sexual, or disgusting? I dont get it.

The irony is that people flock to new orleans or spring break to see girls flashing, and that is considered a rite of passage for college students.

Izuna

Banned
Saw this now, was about to bump the thread.

Currently calling all the friends I told this story to, to update them on this development.

Gunna take so long to do...

---

MSN comments express how I feel about this.

I'm confused. The OP hasn't been updated so that means the information was there when it was posted. OP says there is security camera footage showing it never happened, yet the thread was full of angry people at the guards.

Well her claims it seems are not substantiated by evidence, so theres that.

But I dont get why this bothers anyone. Like in the US when the whole janet jackson thing in the superbowl happened, it was like she murdered kittens live on tv. Its a nipple! literally close to 100% of the population has them, what is the big deal when one accidentally gets shown, or when a mother breastfeeds in public? is it that people find that sexual, or disgusting? I dont get it.

The irony is that people flock to new orleans or spring break to see girls flashing, and that is considered a rite of passage for college students.

Our wonderful "Christian" values from the bible belt and government. It disgusts me. Sex is taboo, but violence is just fine and dandy... There is so much stuff on tv that I would rather have replaced with a boob.

Its also lazy ass parents that don't want to raise/control their kids and would rather stuff just not exist instead of keeping your kids away from it.

I realise its been quite some time since the last post, but i'd rather not give this attention whore extra airspace

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-34346798

She's been revealed to have completely fabricated the claims and is due to be sentenced for the crime

Called it.

I simply can't imagine this happening the way it's described.

As in I literally don't think a security guard grabbed a suckling kid off its mother's own tit and took it away from her. It's a very far-fetched story. I'm 100% supportive of moms feeding their kids wherever the hell they want, but the fact that this is coming first from a Facebook post followed by a blog post on a breast feeding advocacy site reeks of fabrication.
Neither can I. It's outside the realm of casual stupidity. I can't suspend my disbelief that A) someone would think this was a good idea, or B) someone would hire someone who thought this was a good idea.

My entirely baseless assumption: woman feeds her kid in a store, guard tells her to stop but otherwise does nothing, woman gets rightfully miffed but exaggerates the incident on social media for attention and to serve the narrative of her political cause (one that I agree with 100%, but nonetheless). "They took my baby!" is a sexier story than "they told me I couldn't breastfeed in their store".

I realise its been quite some time since the last post, but i'd rather not give this attention whore extra airspace

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-34346798

She's been revealed to have completely fabricated the claims and is due to be sentenced for the crime

That organization (Free to Feed) that originally posted the story on their Facebook without doing their due diligence is also guilty in all of this. I can't imagine this negative publicity did any good for Primark. I'm certainly not advocating that Primark open a lawsuit against Free to Feed, but I do think it's some shit that Primark had a PR nightmare on their hands when ultimately they did nothing wrong.

JaggedSac

That organization (Free to Feed) that originally posted the story on their Facebook without doing their due diligence is also guilty in all of this. I can't imagine this negative publicity did any good for Primark. I'm certainly not advocating that Primark open a lawsuit against Free to Feed, but I do think it's some shit that Primark had a PR nightmare on their hands when ultimately they did nothing wrong.

This is why the internet mob machine is not a proper form of justice.

This was her description of the security guard fleeing with her baby.

0c6b7d0e_paulblart3x2.jpg

mackattk

If I recall correctly, the description she gave of the guard didn't even match anyone. She didn't accuse one of the guards of the store; she literally invented one that didn't exist.

Yup, but what if the one she just made up matched the description of one of the security guards that was working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom