• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange but true fun facts about yourself

I was born weighting 11lb. Wasn't fun for my mother.

11lb 10oz here, biggest baby in the hospital!

Also I lost my wedding ring swimming in the ocean on our honeymoon in about 6-7ft deep water. We had snorkels so I looked for it for an hour before finally finding it, nice try Posideon!

Misha

Banned
I'm partially tongue tied. Enough that I can't really stick my tongue out and the doctors debated whether it should be cut when I was little but its normal enough that they ultimately they decided against cutting it and I mostly dont notice it

Apathy

I was literally half blind since birth (one eye could see one couldn't) up until a few years back when I became a cyclops (had to get that blind eye removed)

Holy shit. Me too!

I was teasing a girl when I was in year 7 and she finally lost it and tried to stab, I think, my eye with her pencil. I stuck my hand out and the pencil buried itself into my palm. Bled like fuck.

Can still see it to this day.

I do as well, its been slowly moving along my hand for the last 20ish years.

1upsuper

I'm a really good whistler.

I can solve a 3x3x3 rubik's cube in under a minute.

I've broken dozens of bones in my life due to a rare genetic disorder -- femurs, ankles, tibiae, pelvis, tailbone, vertebrae, ribs, etc. People often ask if broken bones still hurt after that many and yeah, bad breaks always hurt like hell.

it's been like 10 years since i've been to the doctor... i never take medicine and the worst i've got is a small cold that last maybe 1-2 days or diarrhea.... maybe it's time to do a checkup

"sir i'm sorry, you have 38 different illness, how are you still alive?"

Rahvar

I havn't been able to stomach fish for over 20 years. Mental hangup makes me want to vomit.

I'm 32 and have never had a hangover. No matter how much I drink, what I drink or even a combination of alcohol. The worst thing that have happened to me is a dry mouth the morning after.

I taught myself to read at age 5, my mother has no idea where it came from. One day I was just reading the paper headlines across the table, upside down.

I can move my bottom lip up and down without moving my jaw. Something my wife insists no one else can do.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't vomited in 15 years.
Been going on 23 years for me

874488e3-393c-47b8-8884-3c313e65cfa5.jpg

bitbydeath

- I have a ‘devils bite’ mark which is where I got my username from.

- I used to sometimes see a few minutes ahead of myself when I was younger.

- I once fell off this mountain when climbing and lived.

1200px-Tibrogargan.jpg

Cyanity

Banned
I suffered from chicken pox twice, the second time of which was documented as "one of, if not the worst recorded cases of chicken pox in Massachusetts state history". ...Fuck chickenpox?

Faiz

I was born with an extra toe that was little more than a nub of flesh - no bones.

My son inherited the same polydactyly but his toe was fully formed.

Beartruck

11lb 10oz here, biggest baby in the hospital!

Also I lost my wedding ring swimming in the ocean on our honeymoon in about 6-7ft deep water. We had snorkels so I looked for it for an hour before finally finding it, nice try Posideon!
11 lbs, 18" for me. My brother was bigger and his shoulders got stuck!

I am also partially double jointed. This has 2 effects: I can pop out my thumbs to creep people out, and I regularly sit like L from Death note with zero discomfort.

_Ryo_

I lost my sense of taste. Literally cannot taste anything except for the 5 basic flavors.
Almost 30 never been stung by a bee.
Looking up at the sky for more than 30 seconds makes me really dizzy, especially at night time.

Reeks

I went to a movie with Roger Ebert.

I came up with the name Gertrude for Runaways.

I'm in pretty much every documentary about John Wayne Gacy.

No shit? I think I've seen every documentary about him. I'll read/watch anything about him and H.H. Holmes.

I lived in what some might call a haunted house. There were two major incidents that happened when I was 12 and 13. To this day, it scares me shitless.

Apathy

At least you can wear kick-ass eyepatches. And get a parrot.
Oh pirate is a good go to Halloween costume. Zombie too (friend's wife is a makeup artist so she makes me fake eyes that dangle and I just take out my prothesis). Been considering trying to make a led prothesis and try a Terminator costume or try Nick furry

I_D

I'm blood-related to the Clemens family (aka Mark Twain).

The only proof I have is a hand-written family tree, poorly-drawn by my great-grandmother.

Every single person in my family swears it's true, though.

Valhelm

contribute something
While back I was biking and I passed by Pitbull on a moped, accompanied by a small child and several bodyguard-looking guys and a small crowd of middle schoolers chasing behind him shouting "Mr. Worldwide!"

I waved at him and he did a finger gun gesture back at me

ZanDatsu

I can stop my hiccups just by thinking about it. 100% success rate. I can let it go for a while, then the moment I consciously think "stop" or the like, they're gone. I don't feel anything physiologically happening, no idea how it works but it does.

amanset

As a schoolboy I played rugby for the town of Rugby.

I've injected myself approximately 35,000 times.

I've seen and touched my own large intestine.

I have a slightly lazy eye that only really becomes apparent when I'm tired from when I fell off a tricycle as a toddler and ended up with paralysis down half my face. No longer paralysed but the eye remains lazy.

Despite that, never broken a bone or had a serious illness.

Aske

I may be proof that karma as it is defined colloquially in western culture totally exists. Here are two pieces of anecdotal evidence.

As a 16 year old, I turned down a threesome with two girls at a party because I was in a relationship. This relationship proved to be both fleeting and sexless, but not cheating was an easy decision I never regretted. However, I obsessed over the missed opportunity. A few years ago, I met two girls on 3nder (Tinder for threesomes; now called Feeld). They were a couple, and we got on beautifully. The experience we had together was unrealistically perfect. Better than it had any right to be; like the universe itself was giving me this gift.

Prior to this, after becoming successfully medicated to combat decades of depression, I learned that my orgasms - which I always thought were awesome - had been about 50% less pleasurable than they should have been. Or, less probably, a side effect of the drug cocktail I'll be taking for the rest of my life has been 50% more powerful orgasms than the average guy. Either way, fixing my depression resulted in stronger orgasms by an order of magnitude. A decent comparison would be going from 720p to 4K HDR. Interestingly, none of my doctors seemed to be aware this type of thing could happen, so if anyone wants to write a research paper, feel free to hit me up.

My first car, a 1988 Porsche 944 caught on fire while I was driving it. which leads into...

I have driven and jumped out of a burning car!

Me too, different car though. Quite the experience.

Oh, also I love the smell of a fresh tube of tennis balls. Dunno why.

____

To all you "never broke a bone" people....

I used to say that ALL the time (seriously, as, well....it was true), until I did....

And it was a fucking nightmare, as it was my neck. Be careful throwing that around!

I never sleep with a bandaid on. I always take it off before bed and apply a fresh one when I wake up. My dad told me that I would change all sorts of funky colors if I left it on as a kid and even though I know better now I still feel weird.

My left thumb is double jointed so I can bend it in a bunch of weird ways.

I have a freckle in the middle of my right palm. Like, smack dab in the middle.

I don't like when different foods touch each other on a plate so I always push them as far apart as possible. It bothers me if it gets served with them touching, too.

GamerJM

Banned
I haven't vomited in 15 years.

For me it's seven I think. Almost a decade ago I started having this thing where I'd feel like I'm about to throw up, can't, then later it turns out I'm constipated or have diarrhea. I have no idea why this is.

I never sleep with a bandaid on. I always take it off before bed and apply a fresh one when I wake up. My dad told me that I would change all sorts of funky colors if I left it on as a kid and even though I know better now I still feel weird.

I typically take them off just because I have trouble sleeping with them on for some reason.

Metalmarc

I rarely pay attention to many things even now in my adult life without getting bored distracted, can't help it, maybe something like add/adhd (start things never finish, easily distracted, easily bored etc)

Twice I ever fully 100% paid attention at school, mostly i get by on slightly paying attention in life, but on the two times i paid full attention, (once on a school trip, i was told some info on a museum trip, and another time we were told the one of those tales with morals or something you learn at school) both times I managed to recall the entire story many days/weeks after they were originally told to me, for class assignments.

I then Won a certificate for story writing (yeah right, all i did was recall all the info already told to the class )and I won a chocolate easter egg for the other

Since that time till now i have tried and tried to recall stuff, simple stuff told to me, be it instructions, small lists etc, nope

We were made to dictate later on in school/college life, even in my jobs, and I can't retain information moments after it was told to me, so god knows how i was able to recall all that useless info on the two above occasions, nor why I gave 100% attention on these two occasions and pretty much never again, I'm always the guy thats like "huh?", "what?" Can you say that again" also my story telling is absolute dogshite.

Strange but boringly true.

I was born with one kidney.

I lost my sense of smell due to polyps in my nose as a kid. I'm unaware of the most smelliest of stenches. Makes me a good janitor (but I can still be grossed out visually).

My last name is Czech for "Little Peacock"

I was born with a strange little brain/motor control disorder where when I move one limb (namely an arm/hand) the other one will mimic it no matter how hard I try to keep it still.

I was sort of traumatized by a praying mantis in my school bus in second grade which has made me scared of mantises to this day.

Top Bottom