• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange but true fun facts about yourself

Aske

Man, it's too bad Dad never grabbed that cool mil from James Randi.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

Fun fact: I have a disdain for supernatural claims

1) Quantum stuff! Precognition isn't that weird in terms of physics.

2) James Randi has fooled you, just as he's fooled the rest of the scientific community. Do you think he'd actually tell anyone if he discovered a person with powers? Do you think anyone with powers needs his money? Putting any stock in his test is ridiculous. It's a smokescreen. The biggest joke the devil ever picked is believing you he didn't exist.

I once won a contest I didn't know I was in and a ton of free shit from Newegg including a trip to Vegas, computer, camera, $500 in Newegg gift cards, etc... for posting a joke review.

Here's the review (link is now dead):

JIi6X.jpg

It got so many "helpful" clicks that I won "Most Helpful Review."

haha thats awesome man

Macheezmo

I can wiggle my eyes back and forth really fast. The first time my wife saw me do it she thought I was having a stroke.

I had a 15-year stretch where I never took any pills/medicine of any kind until I got the worst headache I had ever had in my life and finally took an aleve.

I'm left handed

Also never broken a bone

I've only been to the doctor once in my life (not counting getting drug tested for work). That was for a staph infection that I was going to just let heal itself (I didn't know it was a staph infection, just a painful bump on my leg) until my wife made me go. The doctor told me if I had waited much longer it would've become a blood infection and I would've been hospitalized for quite a while. I still have a mark on my leg from it.

I'm blood-related to the Clemens family (aka Mark Twain).

The only proof I have is a hand-written family tree, poorly-drawn by my great-grandmother.

Every single person in my family swears it's true, though.

I don't believe it. This sounds like when my wife says her stepdad is related to Albert Einstein

I somehow stumbled my way into professionally assisting in asset production (mainly layout work) for western anime releases by Discotek a couple years ago.

I'm still weirded out by this.

I have a scar on my right pointer finger from punching a bully in the teeth

I'm a distant relative of the founder of cirque du soleil.
1) Quantum stuff! Precognition isn't that weird in terms of physics.

2) James Randi has fooled you, just as he's fooled the rest of the scientific community. Do you think he'd actually tell anyone if he discovered a person with powers? Do you think anyone with powers needs his money? Putting any stock in his test is ridiculous. It's a smokescreen. The biggest joke the devil ever picked is believing you he didn't exist.
Lmao you're crazy go read a book.

I have a really long tongue. Just a few centimeters short of the world record, last time I checked.

There's that synesthesia thing we've talked about before.

I have three tattoos. All three depict lightsabers. There's the classic Return of the Jedi poster image of Luke raising his lightsaber on my right delt, the Jedi Outcast logo on my right shoulder blade, and Vader's lightsaber on my left middle finger.

Apt101

I once had a fist fight with a raccoon. I opened my garbage can to plop in some refuse, and a raccoon sprung out. I punched it, and it then attacked me. We battled. I won when I kicked it in its stupid belly and it went flying into the night.

I did not taste Broccoli until about 2 years ago, and use to eat Chicken tenders daily.

Since then, I'm a vegan, and eat salads daily.

SOLDIER

I was born with an extra finger.

It was removed at birth, since it lacked bones. A small stub still exists in my hand as a reminder, though.

I also can’t stand it when anyone is standing directly behind me. I literally grow uncomfortable and need to immediately distance myself.

Damaniel

Banned
I only use my left hand for one thing, yes that. Not sure how common that is.

Pretty common if you're a lefty...

As for me, I was in a commercial once, which was my first and only foray into acting (if you can call it that). I was offered a year of internet access from my ISP (AT&T Worldnet) to have myself filmed about how I used the internet and how much I liked it. Though it started out as a long-form (i.e. informercial-style) ad and I did get $240 for it (the cost of one year of internet access), they then cut it down to 30 and 60 second spots that only played a handful of times, and those plays actually got me - very unexpectedly - royalty checks! I paid for my second PC with the money I got from those (just over $3k, if I recall). I still have a tape of the (longer) commercial...

random25

I am a weird "ambidextrous" for the lack of a better term. There are some things I can do well with my right hand (e.g. writing, eating with chopsticks on the right), while there are things I can do much better with my left hand (e.g. eating with spoon on the left, gripping, texting/using phones). People often get confused as to whether I'm a left-handed or a right-handed guy lol.

AlexBasch

I can't drive without feeling sick because of anxiety problems, and thus I sold my car.

I avoid to play co-op online games because I'm terrified of people and my English is abysmal and I feel very pressured when playing in a group.

I lack a little bone in my left thumb and it allows me to bend it almost all the way back like if it was broken.

My beard started to grow and never drank alcohol until I was 24.

It was removed at birth, since it lacked bones. A small stub still exists in my hand as a reminder, though.

I also can’t stand it when anyone is standing directly behind me. I literally grow uncomfortable and need to immediately distance myself.

So meet you at dinner at 6?

Also, are you Golgo 13?

killatopak

Gold Member

look behind you.

Aske

English, how does it work?
EDIT: If your native language isn't English, I apologize, no harm meant. Just, the sentence is structurally and grammatically a mess.

Science and the arts don't mix. Remember Newton's first dynamic law: no energy can not be neither created nor destroyed. He cared about facts and figures, not syllables and antonyms. That's also why English isn't affected by gravity or magnetism.

I can't drive without feeling sick because of anxiety problems, and thus I sold my car.

I avoid to play co-op online games because I'm terrified of people and my English is abysmal and I feel very pressured when playing in a group.

I lack a little bone in my left thumb and it allows me to bend it almost all the way back like if it was broken.

My beard started to grow and never drank alcohol until I was 24.
I can relate to some of this in many ways.

I'm 33.

I did not have even my first drop of alcohol until I was 21 1/2, because of the environment I grew up in. That night I had my first taste of alcohol is also same night I got DRUNK.

I do not suffer from traditional social anxieties, but I'm very much a HUGE introvert.

I only over came my fear fear driving last year. NEVER thought I would drive only two years ago, and yet, here I'm now with a license, and car, to the point where now it very much seems boring/normal/routine to drive a car. So, yes, I'm very much prove you can over come your fears. I cannot stress enough I NEVER thought I would drive, and yet, I drive daily.

Still very much a virgin, though. Never been kissed even.

I had this phase when I was a kid I thought I would die if didnt go to bed by 9:20 (Ive forgotten why it was that specific time)

I can tell when a crt tv is on in the house without being in the same room

I have this urge to sniff cats

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I had a 30 second male orgasm at the age of 11.

I can tell when a crt tv is on in the house without being in the same room

I can sense this too. It has something to do with an ultra high-pitched frequency the TVs emit.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Are you a girl?

lol no, I'm a dude

Also, even though I had only figured out what masturbating was a few months prior, I had already achieved sexual nirvana. It's a feeling that I have been unable to replicate in the 10 years following.

StayDead

I think I might be ambidexturous in most things other than writing.

I cannot write with my left hand. Everything else feels fine though.

Mac_Lane

I have a pretty rare last name that only 200 people or so have in my country.

And a not so common first name.

Yet, a guy with the exact same first and last names exists. And he's the chef of a 2-star Michelin restaurant. So he beats me everytime in Google search. Still have to make a name for myself I guess :D

I'm a trans woman.

I weighed 10 pounds when I was born.

I'm the only one in my immediate family who likes Spaghettios.

I got my Class M license and didn't have to do anything for it. The DMV just gave it to me.

Apparently I can't get addicted to cigarettes. I bought a pack of Marlboro Special Blend back in August, and sometimes I smoke one or two a week, but I've never felt an insatiable need to have more. I'm not even half way through the pack yet.

Pila

I can bark like a dog. It's the exact same sound, the real thing. It's great for jokes lol.

Banzai

I once forgot to go to a job interview that pretty much decided if I was gonna have to move back home to my parents or keep being able to pay rent. I had to beg and call in a few favours to even get the interview in the first place. I went by to apologize profusely later, but they were having none of it. On my way off the premises I met a guy who offered me a job.

I'm sort of lucky, I guess.

Metal B

I got my self burned with hot water as a child (i pushed a bowl with hot water from the far end of our stove, which was an amazing feat for my age), but i was to young to remember any part of it. The water burned on my chest, hand and neck. I was lucky, that it didn't hit my face or an other normally visual part of my body and that my home town had one of the leading hospitals in burnings incidents. They took skin of my head to cover up the burned parts.
The scar on my chests looks like Africa and the one on my neck as if somebody tried to cut it with a knife. The scars on my neck and hand also look like as if i was constructed similar to Frankenstein's monster.

Also i am the ninth child in my family (all from the same father and mother). I was a accident, since my mother thought, see was in the menopause at that point. Well, see wasn't.

So the fun fact is, since i don't remember the burnings, the strange forms of the scars and i was strangely late born, i had the wired idea in my head as a child, that maybe i was a replicant. Created from different body parts. Only logical conclusion, right?

Chuckie

I am deathly afraid of chucky, the horror character. So terrified in fact that I can’t look at a picture of him nor look at the cover of any of the movies. I’m terrified of going to a store where they sell movies right now because the new direct to dvd one just came out. It’s crippling and it’s effecting my life at this point. I will probably not open this thread again for fear of someone quoting me and posting a picture of him.

My nickname has been Chucky for more than 20 years now. The weird thing is...it keeps happening.

In high school I was called Chucky by my classmates. When I failed the year and had to do it over again, my new classmates, people I had never met...instantly started calling me Chucky.

Fast forward 20 years later. I start working at a company and one of my colleagues starts to call me Chucky (and now everyone does)

2 years ago I finally got my drivers license. My instructor called me Chucky.

I mean....wtf.

Fake edit: My name is not Charles btw. I am Dutch. Chucky is not even a name here. The only Chucky people know is that killer doll.

oberjin

Neo Member
I can bend my pinky without moving my ring finger only on my left hand.

Loool I just tried, and i can do it on my right hand but not my left (i'm left handed so it may be related)

I just ask a few people in my office to do it, and they can't, with both hands, so it may be uncommon :D

Mohonky

Oh good, we've passed that point where people admit to always shitting naked and standing to wioe their ass...

Guess I can add I was entirely agoraphobic (completely housebound) for 3 years. I can leave the house now, but its still bad enough its affected my ability to work / have a social or love life.

I think its mostly a fear of some of you weirdo's.....

Loool I just tried, and i can do it on my right hand but not my left (i'm left handed so it may be related)

I just ask a few people in my office to do it, and they can't, with both hands, so it may be uncommon :D

I request more people try this. I can do it with both hands.

Top Bottom