• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer mistreats his wife and his son while streaming live.

Everyone here who keeps repeating "YOU NEVER HIT A WOMAN EVER!!" is either an extreme feminist who thinks that women are superior and men should never dare touch them with intent to harm or thinks that women are weak and inferior and hence should never be subject to any degree of violence. Now if you would have instead said that "Any human should never hit or use violence against another human weaker than them." then I would have considered you a rational thinking person. This also is situational as to what the weaker human is doing and whether you can avoid violence or not. But not when your mindset is specifically that men should not use violence against women even when women use violence against them.

Tell me what are your thoughts on scenarios with different age groups, sexuality and non binary identities. Should a lesbian female be allowed to hit her partner lesbian female because both are women? What if a grown ass woman of bulky build is assaulting a frail 17 year old boy? Should he defend himself and hit her in return or should he run away like a coward because women should not be hit by men? When situation demands can a male hit another female who is physically a male but identifies as female? What about a physical female who identifies as male and is in a situation where he has to hit another female who is physically male but identifies as female?

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
Everyone here who keeps repeating "YOU NEVER HIT A WOMAN EVER!!" is either an extreme feminist who thinks that women are superior and men should never dare touch them with intent to harm or thinks that women are weak and inferior and hence should never be subject to any degree of violence. Now if you would have instead said that "Any human should never hit or use violence against another human weaker than them." then I would have considered you a rational thinking person. This also is situational as to what the weaker human is doing and whether you can avoid violence or not. But not when your mindset is specifically that men should not use violence against women even when women use violence against them.

Tell me what are your thoughts on scenarios with different age groups, sexuality and non binary identities. Should a lesbian female be allowed to hit her partner lesbian female because both are women? What if a grown ass woman of bulky build is assaulting a frail 17 year old boy? Should he defend himself and hit her in return or should he run away like a coward because women should not be hit by men? When situation demands can a male hit another female who is physically a male but identifies as female? What about a physical female who identifies as male and is in a situation where he has to hit another female who is physically male but identifies as female?
You aren't going to get any logical consistency out of the chivalrous ones.

The Thread That Never Dies. Literally has nothing to do with gaming anymore and barely did at the beginning.

I hope I never accidentally bump into any of you on the street or throw a tissue in your direction, or touch your electronic equipment, sounds like I’ll be catching a mean fade from your righteous thunder fists.

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"

I think you're... well, overthinking it.

The spirit of what they're saying is the same as what you've suggested. You're right in that unprovoked violence against others is wrong regardless of gender, but I don't think they'd say that the reverse would be acceptable, either.

Ulysses 31

The spirit of what they're saying is the same as what you've suggested. You're right in that unprovoked violence against others is wrong regardless of gender, but I don't think they'd say that the reverse would be acceptable, either.
I'd like to think that but they specifically mention woman/women so that makes it harder.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Destiny of all people raises interesting points and pushes back against the white knights in twitch chat... >.>

He says all domestic abuse is bad and nobody should be hitting anybody in a relationship.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned

They said what they meant.

wzy

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
You just lost any and all credit. Expecting a woman to look after the children from 18 hours a day. What the hell is wrong with you? Is this a joke post?

Do you have ANY idea what it is like looking after 1 child, let alone 2? If you say yes I'm calling bullshit.

If a man impregnated a woman, he needs to step up and take responsibility. Working for 10 hours and then shutting your family out the whole evening is not taking responsibility.

He is still working. If you think the circumstances would have changed if his job was a night shift at a factory or something you're completely out of your mind. That isn't how these kinds of relationships work.

CuNi

Ok to abuse a nutso man though?

I think what he meant to say was "It's never ok to abuse anyone".. at least I hope this was what he meant to say.

@Topic: I find it funny that the longer this whole debate goes on, the more and more people start to fucking finally logically realize that while hitting her was just as bad, the girl clearly started it. I still applause the very first comment in this thread for calling out the obvious. I just find it sad that we as a society still behave like morons when it comes to whatever kind of issue where instead of thinking even 10 minutes in a neutral way about this, bandwagons get formed and people just pick their polished pitchfork to embark on to yet another hate tyrade. We still have quit a long way ahead of us as a species.

sol_bad

He is still working. If you think the circumstances would have changed if his job was a night shift at a factory or something you're completely out of your mind. That isn't how these kinds of relationships work.

I know he is working, that is why I was talking about the wife looking after the children for 18 hours a day.

He isn't playing video games for 8 hours after work to make money, he is playing games for 8 hours after work because he has an addiction problem.

Equity verses equality. We strive for equality, but in reality it does not work due to factors of inequality from birth.
Equality-Equity-578x640.png

db1416

Yes she may have been being unreasonable for trying to turn off what he was doing and stopping him from streaming (obviously don’t know the context, maybe they had dinner plans and he was late already or she just didn’t want him playing anymore) HOWEVER IT IS NEVER OKAY TO HIT YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER EVER. That’s a very strong hill I stand on for both side. I didn’t see the other video as it has been taken down but from what I hear, both are in the wrong in my eyes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom