• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer mistreats his wife and his son while streaming live.

Zog

Banned
Come on ... even a 5 year old understands what is meant by saying 'he / she started it'. It means, 'I am not to blame for what followed', or 'it was the instigator's fault.'

But I'm fairly certain you already know that.

You are wrong.

I said that she started it and I DID NOT say she was asking to get slapped. Thy are not the same statement.

Last edited:
So respond to the ones trying to discuss and explore rationally. What value does making yet another statement about how violence is wrong add?

Have I not been engaging with you rationally? I've already pointed out what I consider to be a significant part of the problem, i.e. that there are a significant number of men who feel as though women 'deserve it' in cases, or violence against women is justifiable in some circumstances. I then provided quotes from this very thread of people sharing that sentiment. I don't know how much more rational I could be ...

Zog

Banned
Only if he punched me first.
#AndMen
You guys are really something. Lol.

You shouldn't hit a woman UNLESS you are in a life threatening situation. Sounds good.

It's ok to hit a man if he hits you first even if it's not life threatening? Sounds sexist if true.

Yeah, we men are really something. Expecting men and women to be treated equally.

You shouldn't hit a woman UNLESS you are in a life threatening situation. Sounds good.

It's ok to hit a man if he hits you first even if it's not life threatening? Sounds sexist if true.

Yeah, we men are really something. Expecting men and women to be treated equally.
Rotfl. I guess I'm sexist and truly the bad guy here and not the ones taking the side of the dude that hit his pregnant wife.
Your statement sounds like Male insecurity. You'll be fine.

Zog

Banned
Then what point were you trying to make by establishing 'who started it'?

That she was also violent. You see, many people in this thread want to completely excuse her behavior so I was trying to show that she was violent as well. Worse, she was violent first. I don't think either of them should be excused for their behavior but that's been an uphill battle in this thread. Lots of white knighting going on.

That she was also violent. You see, many people in this thread want to completely excuse her behavior so I was trying to show that she was violent as well. Worse, she was violent first. I don't think either of them should be excused for their behavior but that's been an uphill battle in this thread. Lots of white knighting going on.

But you do see that in your fight against completely excusing her behaviour, you infer that she is partly to blame for what ensued?

Zog

Banned
But you do see that in your fight against completely excusing her behaviour, you infer that she is partly to blame for what ensued?

She is responsible for her actions and he is responsible for his actions.

I think the videos at the top of this thread are not complete. Here's where I watched it:

Last edited:

Foxbat

Banned
Ok fair enough. Is this some special treatment you reserve for women, or does this apply to a guy throwing things at you also? Again, was the slap proportional to what she threw, neither of us know.

We do know she assaulted him physically first though. (Of course anything could have happened beforehand, in which case its impossible to tell)

Law enforcement watched the video, and made an arrest on what was deemed assault. The woman wasn't arrested, so no she didn't assault him.

You've also used the term "proportional" twice now. Him throwing the cardboard back at her would seem proportional. Jumping up and hitting her is not.

Foxbat

Banned
I see youre using the word "not hit a woman" which tells me everything about your agenda. Youre a sexist.

I took you for being decent for a minute there...sorry about that.

You're trying to claim the moral high ground when you have no business there. The hill that is that high ground has no vacancy for people who condone beating their wife.

You can sulk in the valley bud... You're not allowed up here.

Racer!

I think the videos at the top of this thread are not complete. Here's where I watched it:

Had not seen this video, its not in OP. Thanks for posting.

If the guy after 4:50 somehow raged violent attacks on the wife, its totally unacceptable! Just hear alot of screaming...but damn that woman kept coming at it. Again and again.

Racer!

You're trying to claim the moral high ground when you have no business there. The hill that is that high ground has no vacancy for people who condone beating their wife.

You can sulk in the valley bud... You're not allowed up here.

Reported for insults.

Papa

Banned
Have I not been engaging with you rationally? I've already pointed out what I consider to be a significant part of the problem, i.e. that there are a significant number of men who feel as though women 'deserve it' in cases, or violence against women is justifiable in some circumstances. I then provided quotes from this very thread of people sharing that sentiment. I don't know how much more rational I could be ...

Fair enough, yes you have. I guess I'm still a bit ticked off that the likes of Zewp, 1.21Gigawatts, and Al3x1s were straight up lying about what I was saying and was projecting that onto you.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Funnily enough he conceded to the point that whole conversation was about. After spending a lot of time telling people and myself how no you're wrong nobody here defended it or victim blamed or whatever so please come up to our high level of discource instead of your low hanging strawmen, he conceded that hey, peopel actually did that, and in fact people who have been shitting the thread with that stance from page 1 to now, but apparently they were invisible until now that they were re-re-re-quoted.
This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted.

Foxbat

Banned

The second time he leaves the chair, closely watch his right arm.

That dude was swinging a haymaker as he left the chair.

Racer!

The second time he leaves the chair, closely watch his right arm.

That dude was swinging a haymaker as he left the chair.

Let me first say, what happened from 4:50, if that was him beating his wife is of course totally unacceptable!!

But he IS being repeatedly both physically and verbally being attacked, and she keep going at him again and again.

Zog

Banned
Let me first say, what happened from 4:50, if that was him beating his wife is of course totally unacceptable!!

But he IS being repeatedly both physically and verbally being attacked, and she keep going at him again and again.

Yep. people who want to pretend that this is one sided are fooling themselves. I personally condemn all the violence that happened on both sides and the verbal abuse too. If I don't say this some people may pull out the strawman.

Last edited:

Racer!

Then quit defending it.

It really is that simple. Play stupid games... Win stupid prizes.

I`m defending him based on those 2 videos in OP, IF that slap was proportional to throwing things at him (again, that we dont know)

What happened from 4:50 in that video, is of course COMPLETELY unacceptable. (If those screams were legit and caused by some sort of violence)

Foxbat

Banned

Throwing cardboard is not really assault. If it was, she would have been arrested too... but she wasn't.... because it's not.

Your claim of her assaulting him is flimsy to say the least. It didn't even hit him, and he physically struck her at least 3 times.

You're defending the guys actions, and acting surprised when so many people disagree with you. Go take a breather, have an unbiased thought over the matter, and then we can just agree to disagree if you still feel the same.

The points and things to consider are these.

•She would not stop badgering him after he repeatedly asked her to.

• She threw cardboard at him.

• He threw it back at her.

• She continued to yell at him.

• He jumped up and attacked her.

• He attacked her again.

• She continued to argue with him.

• He attacked her yet again.

• This was in front of the kids.

• His wife is 3 months pregnant.

• Towards the end, you can hear his child begging him to stop. The kids are probably the most honest witness here.

• He has been arrested, fired, and has a restraining order against him. She does not.

• The police have certainly interviewed everyone involved in order to determine what exactly happened.

Those are the facts as best we can tell. Nobody is saying she's not an idiot. Nobody is saying she's a saint.
I am merely saying that you don't beat a pregnant woman for ANY reason. Especially because of Fortnite.

Think about it bud.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Ok, I caved in and watched the video because this thread seems so popular.

First thought: a lot of you seem to be talking about him like he's a full-fledged man. That's not a man, that's a man-child in a man's body (or something close to it, great haircut) in the middle of a rage who can't control his temper.

Foxbat

Banned
I`m defending him based on those 2 videos in OP, IF that slap was proportional to throwing things at him (again, that we dont know)

What happened from 4:50 in that video, is of course COMPLETELY unacceptable. (If those screams were legit and caused by some sort of violence)

Are you saying that you've been engaging in a lengthy discussion without even have seen the entire videos?

Zog

Banned
Nobody is saying she's not an idiot. Nobody is saying she's a saint.

Well, there have been more than a few posts excusing her actions because she's pregnant and she can't be expected to control herself.

Last edited:

Racer!

Throwing cardboard is not really assault. If it was, she would have been arrested too... but she wasn't.... because it's not.

Your claim of her assaulting him is flimsy to say the least. It didn't even hit him, and he physically struck her at least 3 times.

You're defending the guys actions, and acting surprised when so many people disagree with you. Go take a breather, have an unbiased thought over the matter, and then we can just agree to disagree if you still feel the same.

The points and things to consider are these.

•She would not stop badgering him after he repeatedly asked her to.

• She threw cardboard at him.

• He threw it back at her.

• She continued to yell at him.

• He jumped up and attacked her.

• He attacked her again.

• She continued to argue with him.

• He attacked her yet again.

• This was in front of the kids.

• His wife is 3 months pregnant.

• Towards the end, you can hear his child begging him to stop. The kids are probably the most honest witness here.

• He has been arrested, fired, and has a restraining order against him. She does not.

• The police have certainly interviewed everyone involved in order to determine what exactly happened.

Those are the facts as best we can tell. Nobody is saying she's not an idiot. Nobody is saying she's a saint.
I am merely saying that you don't beat a pregnant woman for ANY reason. Especially because of Fortnite.

Think about it bud.

She continously threw things at him, and not just cardboard according to this last video. She could have left the room at any time, I presume there is a door. She attacked him verbally and physically time and time again.

This comment caught my eye:

"As a woman, let me tell you one thing: women are very melodramatic and that screeching of hers was so fake. She knew he's live streaming, so she played it up and shouting "listen, viewers!". Women know full well that they can get away with violence. She was the one who was assaulting him in the first place. He should've stopped his stream to talk to her, but to act like only he was in the wrong and that she was being battered is dead wrong"

Racer!

Are you saying that you've been engaging in a lengthy discussion without even have seen the entire videos?

I bet that felt good didnt it! :messenger_beaming:

Well, it was not posted in OP, which is the bases of what we are discussing.

There even might be a video elsewhere on the internet which shows the entire incident, im sorry for not knowing about it :p

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I bet that felt good didnt it! :messenger_beaming:

Well, it was not posted in OP, which is the bases of what we are discussing.

There even might be a video elsewhere on the internet which shows the entire incident, im sorry for not knowing about it :p
There's a longer video in this thread.

TLZ

Banned
Thanks for linking to it?
Yeah im sure there are lots of things in this thread closing 1000 posts. Link?
Haha. Obviously I wasn't going to dig in this rubble. But I remember commenting on it. Just a sec. It's not THAT long, 4+ mins long and shows more before whatever's in OP. Not sure why that part was cut.

Edit: Here you go.
The clips in the OP seem cut up to make things look worse for the guy, here's a longer version where it's shown what he had to put up with before:

Last edited:
I think the main argument back and forth here is because some posters are not willing to admit she was also wrong, and at least childish in her actions. (If what she did wasn't illegal, which I imagine it is).

That's not meant to deflect from the fact that he was even more wrong beating on a pregnant woman. It's just stating the truth that some people seem to be unable to admit.

If I throw a box at someone and that someone then stabs me with a knife, that doesn't make it ok that I threw a box, even though stabbing me would have been an even worse and unjustified offense.

Also, I might throw a box at your sorry ass if I'm pregnant and frustrated and you're playing games all day while I try to take care of 2 kids. I would be wrong for doing it, but I may feel justified regardless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom