• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer mistreats his wife and his son while streaming live.

Alright, the guy is definitely in the wrong here but i don't get this. If your husband/bf is the kind of guy who can't keep his cool and hits you when you piss him off... why do you insist on pissing him off continuously?

There are other ways to deal with a shitty husband/bf. Pissing him off on purpose to make him hit you isn't the wisest choice.

Wow.

Are you a “well why wear that skirt if you don’t wanna get raped!!!!!?!” guy too?

Last edited:

guggnichso

Banned
So, to summarize:

1) Many people are violent and it's not a single gender issue at all, an average man is only slightly more aggressive than an average woman..
2) Most domestic violence is reciprocal (measurably). Yet even people with amazing track record on fighting against domestic violence run into insane trouble for stating that.
3) Men are indeed stronger than women and, on top of it less susceptible to physical damage, i.e. even stronger women would get bruises easier than weaker man.
4) There is no equality in the way we reproduce, without exaggeration women are 100 times more valuable than men. Perhaps that is the reason why even when aspect #3 is taken into account, humans (both men and women, although women more) care much more about women, measurably. (and, don't get me wrong, I do think that it does make sense)
5) On top of it, it's not simply a woman, but a pregnant woman. On the "who do we, as a species, care about" scale, basically unbeatable.

Our opinions are perfectly cemented in laws. In the same situation reversing gender can get you from guaranteed jail time to slap on a wrist (e.g. shoving a broken bottle into guard's face). Is that "equal"? Nope. Now check #4 again.

So, obviously, In scenario when a dude quietly sitting there touching nobody gets attacked by a pregnant woman, he has no real option, but to give in.
I can understand people getting very upset about attacking pregnant woman in front of the kids as well as people thinking "hey, way a second, how is that fair, it was she who started it!!?".

He had many options. He instead chose to beat his wife, and you write a PhD thesis on an Internet forum to defend him.

These are the facts, and they make me think he‘s a goddamn piece of shit. The end.

nkarafo

Wow.

Are you a “well why wear that skirt if you don’t wanna get raped!!!!!?!” guy too?
lol what?

I mean, we already established that this guy is a lost cause. So what's next? What is the correct thing she should do in this situation. in your opinion? Please tell us.

Last edited:

guggnichso

Banned
Has yet another incel reddit been closed recently or where do all those people defending a lowlife who hits his pregnant wife come from?

I mean, of all the stupid stuff you can stan for on the internet, this seems like the most idiotic one to date.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Honestly, I don't even have the energy to argue with you any more. Especially when you still haven't even seen the video and your only question is why she should get away with throwing some cardboard. If you and anyone else can't immediately figure out why she's acting the way she is after seeing the way he behaves then you need to spend more time talking to real people rather than anonymous ones on the internet. I'm out.
The arguments in this thread are ridiculous all around. The relationship between these folks is toxic. They are both abusive people and neither of them were right. We're at the point where people are eating each other alive defending one or the other when neither are worth defending.

She did not deserve physical abuse in retaliation for the verbal abuse she was giving him. But her behavior was also abhorrent and criticism of that behavior is justified.

The arguments in this thread are ridiculous all around. The relationship between these folks is toxic. They are both abusive people and neither of them were right. We're at the point where people are eating each other alive defending one or the other when neither are worth defending.

She did not deserve physical abuse in retaliation for the verbal abuse she was giving him. But her behavior was also abhorrent and criticism of that behavior is justified.

I’m sorry but I have to disagree. Yes, the relationship is clearly toxic, but in my book a pregnant woman gets extra slack. I lived with a woman through two pregnancies (not mine, they were my roommates) and she’s a wonderful person but during her pregnancies she flipped out sometimes. It happens. Hormones, whatever.

I don’t feel bad defending a pregnant woman from getting beat up. Not sorry.

TeamGhobad

Banned
>has wife and kids and plays fortnite

something very wrong with this. maybe cause i had a macho dad that smoked cigars, drank scotch and had a magnum stasch..

edit: now that i watched it, why couldn't she just leave him alone. women want your time and attention 24/7 its very exhausting. never hit a woman though.

Last edited:

Dude Abides

Banned
If you have little kids and you still want to game you do it when the kids are asleep or out of the house. Unless you're a pathetic little manlet like Slappy McBogan here.

odhin

Has yet another incel reddit been closed recently or where do all those people defending a lowlife who hits his pregnant wife come from?

I mean, of all the stupid stuff you can stan for on the internet, this seems like the most idiotic one to date.

Who's defending this lowlife? By saying she was not "a saint" in all this is now defending the dude and his actions?

What she did was wrong, what he did was worse. Whats so hard to understand?

edit: now that i watched it, why couldn't she just leave him alone. women want your time and attention 24/7 its very exhausting. never hit a woman though.

She’s pregnant.

Who's defending this lowlife? By saying she was not "a saint" in all this is now defending the dude and his actions?

There are definitely people defending him in this thread. No doubt about it. Check the first 3 pages

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
here is part 2

honestly that woman is a cunt. sorry for saying this i dont care if i get banned she is a fucking cunt. u should never hit a woman i agree but being a cunt is never ok either. he asked her nicely 200 times to fuck off and leave him alone and she would not comply.

She’s pregnant.

and that gives her a license to be a complete cunt? we live in the era of strong independent women. why can't she solve her own problems???

Last edited:
here is part 2

honestly that woman is a cunt. sorry for saying this i dont care if i get banned she is a fucking cunt. u should never hit a woman i agree but being a cunt is never ok either. he asked her nicely 200 times to fuck off and leave him alone and she would not comply.

This was after she had been hit

Last edited:

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
I hope some people here reevaluate their mindsets regarding couple relationship and violence. Here is not ResetERA to outban people for controversial opinions, but It is sickening to share the same community with these kind of people.

Last edited:
GarbageGAF is GarbageGAF. Would be interesting to hear how many people saying he's not wrong actually have a family of their own. Seems like the incel patrol was alerted to this thread.

Zewp

This is a ridiculously reductive, disgustingly biased and straight up sexist assumption you made here.

And yet, nothing I said was false. The guy was in the position of power and could have easily removed himself from the situation and called the authorities to report his wife's rowdy behavior.

Instead, he chose to hit her on cam, in front of his child. Now instead of it going on record that she's unstable and prone to outbursts (which would have been great in a custody hearing when they inevitably get their divorce), he's being charged for domestic abuse and will likely go to prison.

Part of being a man is realising that as the more powerful one in a situation like this, it's better to be the bigger person and not retaliate physically. He was never in any kind of physical danger from her. She was from him when he started hitting her.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don't see anyone defending him.
Who's defending this lowlife?

Literally the first response to OP. You can split hairs about what constitutes defense but "she started it" sounds awfully like a defense to me, even if it is one that a child would make.

I hope some people here reevaluate their mindsets regarding couple relationship and violence. Here is not ResetERA to outban people for controversial opinions, but It is sickening to share the same community with these kind of people.

This, sadly. I'm not interested in putting anyone on ignore and I'm not interested in banning people for opinions, but it's going to be hard to take certain avatars seriously after their only reaction has been to rag on the wife, seemingly in the interest of "balance".

ReBurn

Gold Member
I’m sorry but I have to disagree. Yes, the relationship is clearly toxic, but in my book a pregnant woman gets extra slack. I lived with a woman through two pregnancies (not mine, they were my roommates) and she’s a wonderful person but during her pregnancies she flipped out sometimes. It happens. Hormones, whatever.

I don’t feel bad defending a pregnant woman from getting beat up. Not sorry.
Nobody said you have to feel bad. But being pregnant is not a free pass to be physically and verbally abuse.

Stitch

Gold Member
and that gives her a license to be a complete cunt? we live in the era of strong independent women. why can't she solve her own problems???
Yeah, she's just a bit pregnant guys. Whats the big deal? It's not like pregnant women have mood swings or anything.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Yeah, she's just a bit pregnant guys. Whats the big deal? It's not like pregnant women have mood swings or anything.

the main problem is that a kid like him shouldn't have a wife and kids. thats the main issue he is obviously still a kid. but she is worse cause she chose to have another kid with him. i dont see a bright future for any of them. not the kids either.

odhin

There are definitely people defending him in this thread. No doubt about it. Check the first 3 pages

Well, then argue againt that accordingly. Don't put everyone in the same sack. Only one instance (member) in this thread I can see was justifying his actions, or really seemed like it, but I think even him said that what he did was wrong nevertheless (duh!).

One simple rule I was taught growing up: You can be 100% right in a arguing situation, but you lose that when you start to go for unwarranted agression/assault. That's what she did first thing, so shes not free from blame. Ofcourse, then the idiot did the same but in a even worse way. He will/should face the consequences.

EDIT:
Literally the first response to OP. You can split hairs about what constitutes defense but "she started it" sounds awfully like a defense to me, even if it is one that a child would make.

See this? I basically just said "she started it" (at least the "aggression" part)... Where in the hell am I justifying his actions just by noting that? :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:

Zewp

One dude was literally lamenting that this little runt was going to get a criminal record and how unfair it is that his life is now ruined after he hit his pregnant wife in front of his child, on cam.

nkarafo

Criticizing her actions doesn't automatically mean we defend the guy. Both are adults and are responsible for their actions. His actions were in the wrong, that's already established. He had other options and he chose a wrong one, to hit her. He is shit. Now let's see what she should do in this situation. She also had many options and she also chose a wrong one. Not saying she is as bad as him in this particular situation, it's not a competition. But both did the worst things they could do here.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
the main problem is that a kid like him shouldn't have a wife and kids. thats the main issue he is obviously still a kid. but she is worse cause she chose to have another kid with him. i dont see a bright future for any of them. not the kids either.
Well I agree with you. That guy shouldn't be near any woman or kid. Probably no one else either. I hope they don't have pets... and yeah she shouldn't have a kid with that.. kid lol. But who knows, maybe at some point he was actually likeable. Maybe a time before Forknife and stupid flossing dances.

One dude was literally lamenting that this little runt was going to get a criminal record and how unfair it is that his life is now ruined after he hit his pregnant wife in front of his child, on cam.

Yeah nah, no way. A pregnant girl threw a piece of cardboard at him. This isn’t assault it’s self defense. I mean is the guys fist ok, did her skull damage his hand?

/s

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
This might be the one time that i saw the ERA thread on this and then read the GAF thread and i am actually in agreement with ERA here.

I saw part of a video where the guy went ballistic, without sound, so now i watched it with. Despite the hysterics, the man remains a calm voice.

Regardless who is right or wrong, they both are at fault:
  • Stuff is thrown to the man. It is cardboard, but what if it was something more lethal? When you are hysterical, you tend to grab what is within sight.
  • Slapping the girl as means to correction is never okay.
  • It makes even less okay when this is done within sight of the baby.
So the calm voice is good, but the actions of neither are great. They are terrible, and done within hearing/seeing sight of their young kid.

Nobody is a victor here, but in a legal system, the guy is charged now for the hitting. However, if the girl threw sharp or heavy things, she would have been charged aswell. Cardboard literally made the difference between being charged aswell and be considered the victim here. That does not mean in anyway that her behavior is something positive or that should be accepted, far from it.

As such, i am not in agreement with users who say the girl had to face the music because she threw things. The guy's reaction to the girl's action does not make either action or reaction justified or acceptable.

Thus, i am disappointed that a lot of users want to cast blame on only one side here, and mostly towards the woman.

After watching the longer video:

She definitely wasn't completely innocent in this, she was definitely provoking him. He overreacted and should be dealt with, but acting like she was just an innocent sweet bystander and he attacked her is reductive.

They are both incredibly immature and should not have fucking kids. But if you swapped genders and the girl was streaming and the guy was throwing stuff at her and antagonizing her while she was working, I'm sure everyone would be on her side even if she hit him back.

Helios

Fuck all you beta males for taking the soy boi’s side. She may be a douchebag for nagging and egging him on, but the proper response to that-a response that seems to be lost on the brainless in this thread- is to divorce her or go to counseling.

And don’t give me this “both sides” bullshit. You secretly are rooting for this asshole, but don’t have a woman in your life to beat so you live vicariously through him.

And for fuck’s sake do NOT drag Bill Burr into this thread. He’s above all of your nonsense.
Shut up, he's based and redpilled, you soy gurgling white knight.

Here, is this the level of discussion you want to have on this forum, or do you feel like actually elevating it beyond generalizations, pejoratives and projections?

TeamGhobad

Banned
worst part is that the kid is seeing everything and that woman is such a fucking cunt that for the sake of the kid wont fuck off but instead exasperates the situation. had she any wits about her she would have removed herself and the kid from that home immediately. that guy is a fucking childish man-child that should never be near any kid ever again.

generate.php

Typhares

This might be the one time that i saw the ERA thread on this and then read the GAF thread and i am actually in agreement with ERA here.

I saw part of a video where the guy went ballistic, without sound, so now i watched it with. Despite the hysterics, the man remains a calm voice.

Regardless who is right or wrong, they both are at fault:
  • Stuff is thrown to the man. It is cardboard, but what if it was something more lethal? When you are hysterical, you tend to grab what is within sight.
  • Slapping the girl as means to correction is never okay.
  • It makes even less okay when this is done within sight of the baby.
So the calm voice is good, but the actions of neither are great. They are terrible, and done within hearing/seeing sight of their young kid.

Nobody is a victor here, but in a legal system, the guy is charged now for the hitting. However, if the girl threw sharp or heavy things, she would have been charged aswell. Cardboard literally made the difference between being charged aswell and be considered the victim here. That does not mean in anyway that her behavior is something positive or that should be accepted, far from it.

As such, i am not in agreement with users who say the girl had to face the music because she threw things. The guy's reaction to the girl's action does not make either action or reaction justified or acceptable.

Thus, i am disappointed that a lot of users want to cast blame on only one side here, and mostly towards the woman.

I see very few posts mostly blaming the woman. It seems to be split between the guy is all to blame and they are both garbage.
Is ERA not saying the former rather than the latter (just a guess) which is not your stance.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
  • stuff is thrown to the man. It is cardboard, but what if it was something more lethal?
if the girl threw sharp or heavy things, she would have been charged aswell. Cardboard literally made the difference between being charged aswell and be considered the victim here.

But she didn't throw anything sharp or heavy. She threw cardboard. This is a complete non-argument. You might as well have asked "but what if she shot him?" If she threw a glass bottle at his head it would have been a totally different story and you would see many opinions change, including my own.

Last edited:
Wow, she threw a piece of cardboard and stuff (none of which phased him physically) to get him off his ass. I'm surprised he didn't shoot her, I know I would have /s

This is a cesspool, I'm out.

This sums up my feelings pretty well.

Yeah she was having a moment but I’m not sure why that really matters. She wasn’t a danger to anybody. If she threw a rock or attacked him with scissors this would be a different story, and even the answer would be to get the fuck out of the house and contact the police.

Can we put threads on ignore? I don’t need to see this one anymore. I’m shocked by the mentality here.

AfricanKing

Alright, the guy is definitely in the wrong here but i don't get this. If your husband/bf is the kind of guy who can't keep his cool and hits you when you piss him off... why do you insist on pissing him off continuously?

There are other ways to deal with a shitty husband/bf. Pissing him off on purpose to make him hit you isn't the wisest choice.

Wow just one of many shit comments in here. Domestic violence is something no human being should just come to accept.

Mahadev

The guy is a piece of shit but I find it hilarious how the same people on the internet that obsess over gender equality suddenly have extremely different standards for men and women only when it comes to situations like these. If I were like them and consistent I would say that since she hit him and threw things at him first repeatedly he has the right to defend himself; IF I were them. And then there's stuff like this that is wrong any way I look at it:

If women are so unstable during pregnancy maybe they shouldn't be allowed to hold public office or important responsibilities during that time. How about when they're PMSing, they're hormonal then too. Following your logic here we'd have a very different society. Hormones can't be used as an argument only when we like it, in fact I would say it shouldn't be considered a valid argument at all.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Reading the replies from this thread - it serves as a good reminder why we (at least in the US, I'm assuming Australia as well in this case) have things like due process and trial by jury.

This isn't something where people's guilt or innocence should be decided by mob justice or the court of public opinion.

Reading the replies from this thread - it serves as a good reminder why we (at least in the US, I'm assuming Australia as well in this case) have things like due process and trial by jury.

This isn't something where people's guilt or innocence should be decided by mob justice or the court of public opinion.

What about video evidence?

Holy fucking shit

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I see very few posts mostly blaming the woman. It seems to be split between the guy is all to blame and they are both garbage.
Admittely i only ran for the first two pages and i do see its only a few people doing this. Still, its odd see onesided blames from either stance - They are both at fault.

I
Is ERA not saying the former rather than the latter (just a guess) which is not your stance.
Seems to be more focussing on the guy.
But she didn't throw anything sharp or heavy. She threw cardboard. This is a complete non-argument. You might as well have asked "but what if she shot him?" If she threw a glass bottle at his head it would have been a totally different story and you would see many opinions change, including my own.
Your quote didn't go well so i added your text in.

I think you read my comment wrongly as you are saying similar to me. It was cardboard, which is literally nothing. Thus she does not get charged. But if she threw a hair dryer (Or a vase), then the situation legally changes.

Which is also what you are saying. So, i am not sure why you rally against my point, when its your point aswell. :)

Fuckin' A, pops. Its strange reading arguments for one side or another, both behaviors are deplorable.

The guy is a piece of shit but I find it hilarious how the same people on the internet that obsess over gender equality suddenly have extremely different standards for men and women only when it comes to situations like these. If I were like them and consistent I would say that since she hit him and threw things at him first repeatedly he has the right to defend himself; IF I was like them. And then there's stuff like this that is wrong any way I look at it:

Should women and men compete against each other in track and field, basketball?

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Aside from an early derail which was handled in thread, we believe the main discussion in this thread has been around hypothetical points and handled rationally and mature by most people although as one would expect, it has drawn some heated and barbed exchanges. I know there are a couple of other posts which some may consider distasteful but they are contextualised in the manner of the information presented, some posts down. We have been lenient with one post in particular preferring to give a gentle calm down nudge rather than make a reactionary moderation decision.

Part of the ubiquity of camera phones, and video streaming and platforms which enable the quick sharing of media is the proliferation of content that is graphic, potentially upsetting, violent or disturbing. In my estimation (which may be wrong), this will only become more prevalent over time; as people forget they are live and/or chase fame via controversy, it's likely we will be exposed to more content, or be given a unintentional glimpse into personal lives, problems and acts. It's important that people can detach themselves emotionally from this content and speak in a more distanced and calm manner. All in all, it's important to focus on the points and opinions held by poster's rather than attacking them for holding those opinions - no matter how abhorrent you may find them. It's also important to note with snippets, off-screen action and limited footage/audio people will draw different conclusions from the same content. It's also important to note that someone holding a contrary viewpoint, or preferring to put forward rational alternatives does not endorse the act itself, but is trying to work through the actuality of what is happening, relative to what is being presented.

We also acknowledge the wider debate that is centering on the threshold of social stigma that surrounds males being abused (physically and mentally) by women, and what is considered an appropriate response and/or expectation in those circumstances. We understand this will be upsetting for some sensitive posters and may mean reading things that evoke unpleasant imagery. However, give the point I made earlier about this becoming more prevalent, we think it's important that the discussions are free to run and meander, provided members are not outright insulting each other or on a downward spiral or losing control due to be being angry/frustrated.

So to everyone going forward, please bear the above in mind. We'll draw a line in the sand here and expect a certain level of exchange going forward to help lift the thread out of where it's headed. As always the ToS is to be applied when posting certain and NSFW content on the site.

Last edited:

demigod

First its the cardboard, next thing she'll be throwing are knives.

Edit: Also, LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!

Last edited:
Admittely i only ran for the first two pages and i do see its only a few people doing this. Still, its odd see onesided blames from either stance - They are both at fault.

Seems to be more focussing on the guy.

Your quote didn't go well so i added your text in.

I think you read my comment wrongly as you are saying similar to me. It was cardboard, which is literally nothing. Thus she does not get charged. But if she threw a hair dryer (Or a vase), then the situation legally changes.

Which is also what you are saying. So, i am not sure why you rally against my point, when its your point aswell. :)

Fuckin' A, pops. Its strange reading arguments for one side or another, both behaviors are deplorable.

Having a little tantrum for attention and hitting someone is the same thing to you?

Yikes

Top Bottom