• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 is releasing in 2023

I'm not sure how people think this is better graphics/visuals, if they are going to stick with the old school character look then they could of done so much more with the graphical fidelity, the style is so off. I can't quite explain it but graphics/style wise, this does not look good at all. It's just some hybrid weird style with the character models being cartoony and slightly more realistic at the same time.
I think the models are actually the best thing about the it. The environments look low poly and low rez textured, but the biggest weakness by far is the lighting. Totally dated and last gen. Everything looks flat and characters have that unrealistic rim light/glow that cheapens the whole feel. The characters don't seem to be lit the same as their surroundings either, making them seem out of place from the environment.

aclar00

ughh....looks like 5...slow/heavy movements that make is seem like framerate drops....may give it a try...hoping for a demo...

Knowing Capcom, there will be upteen versions/character season passess and the initial release will have low character choices with 1000 hour grind to unlock 2-3 others. I fear its going to be a GaaS.

Vaelka

Leaked roster.

4MLDfrk.jpg
5hkp4V1.png
9KQKHXJ.png
VCTW2RX.png
qmSSGIG.png

Imo they don't look bad, but they look a bit bland?
Like they all look like they're wearing the same type of clothes and like you could swap them around and it wouldn't even look strange.
The only exception to this imo is Juri, but Cammy for example just looks like a girl in yoga pants there's nothing about her really that strikes me as Cammy except for maybe the gloves.
Her outfit is just so basic.

I like Juri's hair going over her eye tho it's a fun take on it.
And her redesign still looks like it retained her original from SF4 I wish the others got a redesign more in line with hers that actually just updated their original designs instead of making them so basic.

I'll just stick to the default commentary... Especially if Ultra Cuck or James 'Crybaby' Chen commentating.
Watch there be Yipes/Gootecks/etc. DLC
Leaked roster.

4MLDfrk.jpg
5hkp4V1.png
9KQKHXJ.png
VCTW2RX.png
qmSSGIG.png
So we've got.
Luke, mariza, jamie, mimi
lily (related to T hawk?), JP, kimberly, AKI (related to FANG?)

Juri, ed, akuma
ryu, ken, zangief
Cammy, dee jay, rashid
+ the names on the tourney list + guile, li-fen, blonde dreads; already bigger starting roster than SF5, there's probably many more.

Not sure about cammy pants, I mean she looks great obviously, but no pants were always her "thing"; glad she's there regardless though, main forever.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Granted I don't like Street Fighter anyway............................................................but still looks shit.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Loving the artstyle.
I was worried from the initial renders the game was gonna be "bland" but it still looks super colorful.
Also glad its not exclusive so hopefully crossplay is in.
Sold.

Still not sold on the logo though, even with the added grafitti flourishes its still kind looks bland.

mxbison

Eh, not sold yet. Don't like the graphics style and what we saw of the fighting reminded me of SF5, the whole animation and hit reaction etc.

We'll see.

OneDrop_

Neo Member
This looks really interesting. More than just another Street Fighter with better graphics, but an actual story this time where you can go around the world.
Cross-gen is really disappointing though.
More ps4's then ps5's.. they made the correct decision

begotten

Commentary gimmick is stupid but I assume normies will love it. Anyone who plays SF somewhat seriously won't have that rubbish on.

As someone with thousands of hours on 3S, 4 & 5, being well aware of how awful it was as a "video game" - I'm glad that it looks like Capcom are looking to launch a real product this time around. It's important for the game and playerbase.

anthony2690

Gold Member
ughh....looks like 5...slow/heavy movements that make is seem like framerate drops....may give it a try...hoping for a demo...

Knowing Capcom, there will be upteen versions/character season passess and the initial release will have low character choices with 1000 hour grind to unlock 2-3 others. I fear its going to be a GaaS.
There is a leak that shows 24 characters designs :) if it launches with all fighters shown off, I think people will be very happy.

Edit: roster leak, posted above this comment :)

Last edited:

SSfox

WtF i just seen entire roster got leak like WTFFFF!!!!

That chinese weird girl looks like Fang apprentice.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Of course the old characters will also have their iconic costumes as well.. They always do. And there will be alternate costumes. You guys complaining about costumes.. shouldn’t

UnNamed

Banned
The hub mode looks interesting, the graphics good but unreadable sometimes.
At least there are brand new characters this time, the best was SF3 to me.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The hub mode looks interesting, the graphics good but unreadable sometimes.
At least there are brand new characters this time, the best was SF3 to me.

I like the idea of a hub mode, open world SF could be a nice concept… hey they could explore Final Fight or Powerstone mini game or expansions. It could be a way for SF to grow into a big live service.

dezzy8

less cartoony.
I still think capcom should have asked arksys to do a full makeover and make it look like modern day Guilty gear meets SFa2 / sf3.

But eh better looking then 4 and 5
Easier to make costumes doing it this way. Ever notice that arksys fighters never have dlc costumes? They only do color palette swaps.

Good to see only martial artists in the trailer and no demons or fortune tellers.

This game might be a dream come true and Drunken Master Jamie seems to have the best new moveset since SF3.

Hope they've changed Dee Jay to motion controls like in the USF4 Omega-mode.

They actually aged the characters in this game. Cant stay young forever. And chun looks great in this game. She actually looks Chinese now.
Yeah I guessed they actually advanced time in this entry. I'm not fan of the franchise so this doesn't move anything in me. But degrading the sex appeal of Chunli, Mika, Laura and Juri is a capital offense to me 😂

Last edited:
As someone with thousands of hours on 3S, 4 & 5, being well aware of how awful it was as a "video game" - I'm glad that it looks like Capcom are looking to launch a real product this time around. It's important for the game and playerbase.
I didn't buy 3 until 3rd Strike came out, I didn't buy 4 until Ultra came out, and I didn't buy 5 until Championship Edition came out. I have a feeling that I won't be buying 6 until it's second edition comes out, with all of the extra characters, features, and balancing finally ironed out.

However, comparing all of them it truly feels like one entry that just happened to be Playstation exclusive also had the most growing pains and dev issues for a video game. That's unfortunate.

SSfox

HOLY FUCK this 3 months old leak WAS TRUE REDDIT

If you see aspects or these things outright... do not be surprised when you look back at this someday because you need to pay attention to the game's concept art later on too.

With that disclaimer out of the way, here is some SF6 character info (including possible scrapped characters, but the way it was said to me, these designs mostly made the cut):

• Dandy Russian with Psycho Power in an peach/orange colored suit
  • African-American ninja girl with with an orange hoodie, black pants, wears earbuds and has blue highlights in her hair while using rollerskates
  • Italian wrestler woman with red hair and an MMA legionnaire look that wears black & gold
  • Yun and Yang's cousin (wears yellow, uses Drunken Fist style)
  • "Female Abel"
  • Mexican girl in a green tunic with an Aztec weapon (noted to may have some kind of relation to T. Hawk)
  • Chinese assassin lady with a hairstyle like Sawada from Kengan that wears a black dress and uses poison like FANG.
  • There will be other characters returning aside from Ryu and Luke. I can confirm that Chun-Li, Zangief and Cammy will also be in. For default costumes, it was said to me prior to this reveal (months ago) that Ryu has a beard and Luke's design was being tweaked. They had more preliminary design info as I was told that Chun-Li's design will probably stay the same (maintaining her classic look or close to it), Zangief will likely have a bit more flair to his design and Cammy may wear pants this time.

Of course few details are a bit different, i mean devs could have changed a bit, but overall this was pretty accurate OMG

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'm definitely day 1 on this, the look and mechanics sound like everything I expected SFV to be, but it wasn't. Super into it.

Reactions: KO7

nbkicker

Dont no how i feel about what ive seen, dont feel blown away with what was shown so far, would have loved to see how the game had looked when ono was in charge of the product before leaving and them supposedly starting again on the game, i just hope we not gonna see capcom go all woke and all the female charachter costumes covering up completely like mortal kombat and we still get a variety of costumes and origional costumes for old returning charachters

Kerotan

It looks amazing. Why don't more fighter games offer an open world story? Any details on how long it will be or how big the map is?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Yeah I guessed they actually advanced time in this entry. I'm not fan of the franchise so this doesn't move anything in me. But degrading the sex appeal of Chunli, Mika, Laura and Juri is a capital offense to me 😂
When your joystick is your penis.

Top Bottom