• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist Released, Entire Series Available Now

UrbanRats

Watched the episode 0, i'm really impressed by the choreographies.
Very well done and even close to the game's combat style of Ryu and Ken.

Will watch later the rest.

Really glad to see you are all really enjoying it :D

As someone mentioned early, no news on the TV and BluRay/DVD release dates, but an announcement will be made at some point.

I'll never understand this post-Zack-Snyder obsession with random slow-motion in fight scenes. 'This kick should be slow motion! And this one! Not that one, but both of the next two, and then fast slow fast!' It's even worse that they kept the camera steady and used guys who know how to fight, because you know they had something decent and then consciously chose to ruin it. When it comes to martial arts fights, the faster the better.

Where was this filmed? It looks a lot like Oregon.

Bulgaria, weirdly. Makes a pretty good double for Japan, though.

Disappointed at the
lack of a Gouken vs Akuma fight

Other than that I thought it was pretty great.

I do agree, but the thing is this doesn't technically happen for a while anyway... at least in theory.
Ryu goes wandering for a while, and it's when he returns he finds Gouken dead, and at that point it's recent. So it's probably a year later? It would make sense as the thing to open a Season 2 with.

gngf123

I do agree, but the thing is this doesn't technically happen for a while anyway... at least in theory.
Ryu goes wandering for a while, and it's when he returns he finds Gouken dead, and at that point it's recent. So it's probably a year later? It would make sense as the thing to open a Season 2 with.

Yeah I know. I guess I just want more aha. I can definitely see it being early/mid season 2 material.

Palanor

Neo Member
I noticed at the end of the last episode it said "Watch the whole season again?". Maybe there will be more episodes at some point ;).

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
"Who the hell is DAN???"

TheOGB

Banned
Ohhh shit!
Mega Man 2!!
4tCIK.gif
4tCIK.gif

Just finished episode 10, this is excellent so far. Definitely succeeded in making me feel for these characters even more than before. The cameos and shoutouts have been great, and it's been fun seeing the dots get connected, so to speak. Now to watch these last few episodes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the
lack of a Gouken vs. Akuma fight makes a lot of sense, it doesn't happen for a long time anyways, and they sort of have to reconcile that with what happens in SF4 with the reemergence Gouken. I'm not so in tune with the canonical explanation behind it, but it could be cool if Ryu accidentally revived him using Gouken's healing techniques like he did to Ryu and Ken during the series.

All and all, I enjoyed that series way too much. Seriously, it was so well done. The small details, from the way they interpreted moves, to footsies, to different representations/outfits of each of the characters being on display, everything. I believed in this project since Legacy and when Assassin's Fist was announced, and TBH I don't think this sort of translation of the lore could be done better.

They hinted that for a Season 2 they would likely want to start with the world tournament, which is much more logical than
making Goukens stuff the focus.
It's about their warrior journeys now; which essentially leads into the tournament and Bison. Hopefully this is a stepping stone to opening up bigger budgets so that they can better implement CG for characters like Dhalsim and such.

The only thing I was anticipating that never really happened was
red hadoukens from Ken. Even though it sort of makes sense because he acquires the red flame or w/e capabilities at the end, I still would have liked to see it

Man, it's so crazy how both MK and SF both got their best live action treatments through small series' on Machinima.

Jakeh111

So are people enjoying this just for the fights or is the acting also done well? My buddy been hyping this damn thing to me forever and it just looks like it will just be dudes fighting and some cheesy dialog thrown in.

So are people enjoying this just for the fights or is the acting also done well? My buddy been hyping this damn thing to me forever and it just looks like it will just be dudes fighting and some cheesy dialog thrown in.

Do you know anything about SF? Just curious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The dialogue is pretty good. There is a bit of cheese in there, but it is minimal (and in some cases, intentional).

Zabka

7 episodes in and it's really good so far. Only odd thing is that young goki and goken's actors look like they should have switched roles.

gngf123

I mostly enjoyed it because of the Street Fighter lore, not much because of the fights. Honestly the fights looked kind of goofy in places, especially any Shoryuken.

Also it made me laugh in a few places.

j0hnnix

Ken's hair bothers me a lot.... its like the hair implant commercial. "I'm not only the president but I'm also a client."

Cachuli

Banned
i just finished the entire season and was so good, original music, cameos, story, actors... and megaman 2 !

there will be a season 2 right ? because im sure this cant be end like that.

Top Bottom