• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

Chun-Li

Buy season two now for $30, and you’ll have the full Arcade Edition experience in January when the free update hits and you’ll save $10.

I don't see why they wouldn't discount Season 2 by the time the disc version comes out. I can see it being knocked by $10 easily. At least for a limited time.

kunonabi

Can someone help me understand? Arcade edition is $40 for the base game + expansion passes 1 and 2.

I already own the base game and the first pass but in the store the season 2 pass is $30???

The character passes do go on sale so you should be able to buy the season 2 pass for like 10$ if you dont mind being patient.

Neoxon

Now that I think about it, maybe Extra Battle is Capcom's answer to the Loot Box system (with the incentive to keep playing to earn costumes & whatnot).

Deadstar

The character passes do go on sale so you should be able to buy the season 2 pass for like 10$ if you dont mind being patient.

Why are they screwing over people who already own the game and gave them money early on? As soon as arcade edition goes on sale the character passes should drop to $10 immediately. I hope that it happens.

Skab

Why are they screwing over people who already own the game and gave them money early on? As soon as arcade edition goes on sale the character passes should drop to $10 immediately. I hope that it happens.

How are they screwing you over?

I haven't played much of this game since launch, and I was never *that* good to begin with (I have a basic competence with SF, but not much else)—am I hopeless at this point? Are there any scrubs still playing the game I can have fun with?

jett

D-Member

They're not screwing anyone over. What is this nonsense?

I haven't played much of this game since launch, and I was never *that* good to begin with (I have a basic competence with SF, but not much else)—am I hopeless at this point? Are there any scrubs still playing the game I can have fun with?

There's plenty of rookies and bronzers.

cordy

Banned
Sounds like that T7 mode which earns you items/currency.
Yep. That's what it is. Best mode in the game too and yet haters shat on it. It's great.

The better the game, the better for gamers regardless what the game is. Capcom is really doing the damn thing. I'm glad they're turning SFV around.

RIP Mahvel though but that's for another thread.

Protip: Buying products later is cheaper than buying them early on.

NRS did the same with MKXL, which was a repackaged MKX + All the DLC sold a year later.

That's what "GOTY" versions and "Greatest Hits" are.

Deadstar

Protip: Buying products later is cheaper than buying them early on.

NRS did the same with MKXL, which was a repackaged MKX + All the DLC sold a year later.

That's what "GOTY" versions and "Greatest Hits" are.

They said that you would buy the game once and then everything would be dlc. If someone already owns the game it should discount the dlc accordingly. If I buy the arcade version I'm paying $10 more for things I already have. It doesn't make sense. As others said, hopefully they put the dlc on sale.

Who are they screwing over? I bought game and season passes as the came out so i spent more. But i have been able to play this content for longer.

Waiting for a bundle does not equal screwing over those who didn't wait for a bundle.

I would imagine the seasons will drop by at least $10 once AE arrives but even if they didn't and you only need season 2 its still cheaper to just buy that.

They said that you would buy the game once and then everything would be dlc. If someone already owns the game it should discount the dlc accordingly. If I buy the arcade version I'm paying $10 more for things I already have. It doesn't make sense. As others said, hopefully they put the dlc on sale.

And what they said is true. They haven't said they will remove base game and season options have they? Even if they do you can still buy everything as DLC if you already own the base game.

If you own the base game and season 1 dlc why would you buy AE and not just the season 2 pass for less?

If you own the base game only you can. Buy AE to get both season passes for cheaper.

kirblar

They will. S1 is down to $20 regular price and has been going on sale for $10 semi-regularly.

Pompadour

I'm not sure what you are talking about. The DLC is already either on sale or will be free. If you buy the Deluxe edition now it literally becomes identical to the AE retail release in January.

The season passes will go on sale again. Definitely during PSX.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players are in bronze league.

You will be fine. 70-80% of the player base are in bronze leagues. Lots of people still player there. I just hang out playing casual match in silver league and still find games easily. It actually gets harder to find a match the higher you go as the player pool gets a lot smaller.

LoveCake

Glad this is free, i have not bother with the second season pass though it's way too expensive, I have not touched the game in months either.

gelf

Well I haven't played for months but my shitty bronze ass will likely drop back in when the update hits. Hopefully others will be doing the same. I'll finally be able to do what I spent most of my time doing in 4, which is play arcade mode with fight request on.

myco666

If you bought the S2 pass now you could play with all those characters now instead of having to wait for three months for you to get them bundled with AE. S2 pass will drop to atleast $20 once S3 pass goes on sale since that happened to S1 when S2 went on sale.

This is the game I would've bought day 1. Finally something worth a purchase for a non competitive gamer like me who's only a fighting game curious.

I'm glad the game is getting positive reception just on the news alone.

You see Capcom, this is how you do it. Now apply to Marvel and we will be in a really good place.

Xeteh

Maybe once this is out I'll get it for PC so I don't have to turn on my PS4 to play it. I'll lose some skins though, oh well.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'll be deep in the cold dark earth before I ever pay for PS+, so do ya think I'd finally have enough single-player to keep me happy with this ver? Am I locked out of any unlocks or content if I never play online? Any word on FM rewards for beating arcade mode?

kitzkozan

This is the game I would've bought day 1. Finally something worth a purchase for a non competitive gamer like me who's only a fighting game curious.

Good to hear, since it's people like you I point out when people say: "who the fuck is the arcade edition for? ". :) It's good to see that Capcom is acknowledging this simple concept following disappointing sales and a backlash by trying to focus purely on e-sport when it's a niche genre that already had it's own identity.

2 years late is fast?

Does it include all costume DLC and stages? Bit shit if not looking at the rereleased Complete/Ultimate editions of other fighters.

Not all of them. One premium costume for each of the 12 season characters. You don't get the stages as far as I know, though you will likely play through them in arcade mode. You just can't pick them in VS is my guess unless you earn them with fight money which is pretty much just unlocking them by playing.

With the amount of characters you will have, it would be fairly easy to do.

Not all of them. One premium costume for each of the 12 season characters. You don't get the stages as far as I know, though you will likely play through them in arcade mode. You just can't pick them in VS is my guess unless you earn them with fight money which is pretty much just unlocking them by playing.

With the amount of characters you will have, it would be fairly easy to do.

I already got the game and S1 pass, I was looking for Capcom to copy those other more successful fighters and put all DLC into one package.

They failed. Again.

Scotia

Banned
There will be more AE announcements next week according to the guy on the Twitch stream.

OilyShoddyGrayling-size_restricted.gif

MrCarter

2 years late is fast?

Does it include all costume DLC and stages? Bit shit if not looking at the rereleased Complete/Ultimate editions of other fighters.

Over 30 pages and still the same questions. Smh. You get all of this:

GlisteningSpiffyFawn-size_restricted.gif

You don’t get premium costumes but you do get all of the battle/nostalgia ones for the DLC characters. Doubt you get stages but you can obtain them for free with FM and this bundle will give you a shitload.

nded

I already got the game and S1 pass, I was looking for Capcom to copy those other more successful fighters and put all DLC into one package.

They failed. Again.

By this logic every fighting game is a failure until all support and content updates cease.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
You don't get premium costumes but you do get all of the battle/nostalgia ones for the DLC characters. Doubt you get stages but you can obtain them for free with FM and this bundle will give you a shitload.

Are you fuckin' serious bro? You tellin' me I have to actually play the game to unlock the stages instead of just crying about it on the internet for another 2 years?

MrMephistoX

They're not screwing anyone over. What is this nonsense?

There's plenty of rookies and bronzers.

It's a two year old game getting mad about this is like getting mad at the fact that a greatest hits edition came out which is essentially what this is. Could I have waited two years and gotten Taken King embedded with Destiny for less than what I paid sure...but then I wouldn't have gotten to play the game for two years same principle.

Top Bottom