• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

FSLink

Banned
Are you fuckin' serious bro? You tellin' me I have to actually play the game to unlock the stages instead of just crying about it on the internet for another 2 years?
Lol, right? Like I was there with everyone else complaining about FM when the game initially came out but now there's plenty of FM in-game without having to touch Survival Mode.

MrCarter

It's a two year old game getting mad about this is like getting mad at the fact that a greatest hits edition came out which is essentially what this is. Could I have waited two years and gotten Taken King embedded with Destiny for less than what I paid sure...but then I wouldn't have gotten to play the game for two years same principle.

People don’t understand basic economics on Gaf so there is no suprise there.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
And Taylerob is a shit poster.

Let's be real, you're the same shit but not he other side. Nah you're oven worse, at least Jett is provided actually providing agruments.

Fuck outta here, garbage ass poster. You like to call people out but you hate and drive by shit post like since you're on the other side it makes you cool or some shit. Nah you're the same goon as lonedragon.

why

This is my most played game since it launched. Over 700 hours.

I still haven't gained all the FM I could easily get from the game. And I'm not talking about from playing Online. There's a bunch of Demonstrations and Trials I haven't done, and then there's Survival mode at all difficulties with all characters (yeh, probably never going to bother with that to be fair).

Xeteh

This is my most played game since it launched. Over 700 hours.

I still haven't gained all the FM I could easily get from the game. And I'm not talking about from playing Online. There's a bunch of Demonstrations and Trials I haven't done, and then there's Survival mode at all difficulties with all characters (yeh, probably never going to bother with that to be fair).

I got the 1 million FM trophy a bit back while doing one of the weekly challenges. I haven't played much online at all, I haven't completed a single Hard/Hell survival. It was just from doing trials, stories, easy/normal survivals etc. To be fair, I did buy S1 & 2 season passes so I had all the characters to do it with but so will people who buy AE.

Neonep

I played the game and got all of the S1 characters and then I bought the S2 pass. I haven't touched the game since Akuma came out due to all these games this year. I do enjoy MVC:I more though.

Have all stages unlocked due to fight money. FeelsGoodMan

What about characters?

I have all the characters and three stages.

Getting stages isn't priority to me because unless you play a lot offline, someone will have the stage and you will experience it all the same.

I need characters for training purposes and the game is it's characters. I'm having no issues keeping up with characters but both stages and characters is pretty difficult. Forget about costumes and anything else.

sephi22

What about characters?
What about characters? I bought both season passes so no problem there. Spent the rest on story costumes, colors, fighter profile backgrounds etc.

Getting stages feels like a waste because unless you play a lot offline, someone will have the stage and you will experience it all the same.

I fancy myself a completionist and most of my time in this game is offline, and I like to set my favorite stage in battle settings. So I get it about 50% of the time online when I'm on P1 side.

pHand

You don’t get premium costumes but you do get all of the battle/nostalgia ones for the DLC characters. Doubt you get stages but you can obtain them for free with FM and this bundle will give you a shitload.

I haven't seen any indication that nostalgia costumes will be included. As for stages, Guile's DLC stage came with the S1 pass, so presumably it'll be included for free in AE.

What about characters?

I have all the characters and three stages.

Getting stages isn't priority to me because unless you play a lot offline, someone will have the stage and you will experience it all the same.

I need characters for training purposes and the game is it's characters. I'm having no issues keeping up with characters but both stages and characters is pretty difficult. Forget about costumes and anything else.

Anyone buying this new release will only have to worry about 6 characters the next season though. And they will have more than enough fight money to get them and quite a few stages.

So you fight 6 opponents in arcade mode based off all 6 games. SF1 only has 4 reps: Sagat (for Dec like Akuma I'm sure), Ryu, Ken and Birdie. That leaves Adon, Eagle, Retsu, Geki, Mike, Gen, Joe, and Lee. They wouldn't be out by January unless something crazy happens. I'm guessing the SF1 path will just be 4 fights instead of 6.

Aske

I bought the base game cheap, and grabbed the first season pass when it went on sale. This let me spend FM on stages, and the handful of costumes FM can be used for. I'll do the same with seasons 2 and 3. I know if I use FM on any characters I like, I'll never get to try the ones I don't already care about. For others, using FM on fighters and ignoring the season passes makes the most sense.

I don't have an issue with the FM economy. I wish more stuff was purchasable with it (too much content is restricted to real money only), but overall, in terms of what you earn versus what you can buy, I think it's pretty friendly.

Scotia

Banned
So you fight 6 opponents in arcade mode based off all 6 games. SF1 only has 4 reps: Sagat (for Dec like Akuma I'm sure), Ryu, Ken and Birdie. That leaves Adon, Eagle, Retsu, Geki, Mike, Gen, Joe, and Lee. They wouldn't be out by January unless something crazy happens. I'm guessing the SF1 path will just be 4 fights instead of 6.

The number of opponents you fight depend on the game. So, for example, SF1 has four fights, SF3 has six, SFV has eleven etc.

Tizoc

Well as the saying goes
eagle-cvs2-win1.gif

The Show must go on ;)
My wishlist for S3 :X

jett

D-Member

The number of fights you get change with each path. There are only 4 fights in SF1 indeed. But what if you pick Ryu or Ken? I think it'd be neat if they used Balrog as "Mike"

latest

kirblar

If Sagat is the first of Season 3, and he is in for the SF1 arcade mode, I wonder if his Story Costume will be pre-scar
Seems likely that he'll have it as an extra one. I would presume a lot of the returnees will be getting throwback costumes if they don't have em.

NeonZ

If Sagat is the first of Season 3, and he is in for the SF1 arcade mode, I wonder if his Story Costume will be pre-scar

I'd hope it'd be just one of those costume easter eggs. No scar isn't enough of a change for a costume of its own.

DomLando

I bought the base game cheap, and grabbed the first season pass when it went on sale. This let me spend FM on stages, and the handful of costumes FM can be used for. I'll do the same with seasons 2 and 3. I know if I use FM on any characters I like, I'll never get to try the ones I don't already care about. For others, using FM on fighters and ignoring the season passes makes the most sense.

I don't have an issue with the FM economy. I wish more stuff was purchasable with it (too much content is restricted to real money only), but overall, in terms of what you earn versus what you can buy, I think it's pretty friendly.

Is this the best way to go about getting a complete package? I used to play online fighters a lot more but don't have as much time these days so I tend to play more casually. I picked up SFV at launch but haven't played for months. Would love to have all the characters and stages.

I'd hope it'd be just one of those costume eater eggs. No scar isn't enough of a change for a costume of its own.
I would imagine that Sagat would have a shake-up to his SF5 default appearance that his SF1 look would be a more classic take, like the Alpha costume variants of Ryu and Ken.

Ryce

I have all the stages but the CPT ones, and it bugs me to no end seeing them blacked out on the select screen.

Blu(e)

I have all the stages but the CPT ones, and it bugs me to no end seeing them blacked out on the select screen.

Yeah it's the reason I went and bought SFV like a month ago.I didn't want to miss the "limited time" dlc so I bought the current CPT. Looks like there's no signs of last years CPT returning though.

If people wait for the Arcade Edition to drop they'll end up both missing both CPT stuff because I believe the 2017 expires around November.

They might bring them back when everything is said and done (I.E the game is done being supported) but if they don't,it sucks for people who missed it. Limited time DLC sucks.

nded

I am not a native speaker so I can't really be sure.

but is that voice actually saying what's in the text on the screen??

all I get is "all over the world" at the end... somewhat.

"What strength! But don't forget there are many guys like you all over the world."

Edit: My bad, didn't read your whole post. If it makes you feel any better, the guy who recorded that certainly wasn't a native english speaker either.

JusDoIt

Timed exclusive shit is the dumbest thing. Capcom, I'm trying to give you money.

CPT DLC is timed exclusive because it raises prize money for a competition (Capcom Cup). Once that competition is over, they do not need to sell DLC to raise money for that competition. If they offered that DLC after the competition, it would not be raising money for that competition, thus defeating the purpose of making the DLC in the first place.

Lulubop

This is rich coming from a guy who attacked two guys without stating why you have a beef with them.

Oh please dude, Tyler Rob wasn't shit posting? Tell me how and how Jett was fanboying even tho he was putting forward a construction argument with examples. All Panda does is drive by nonsense on the fgc thread, it is known. I know these are your boys but get outta here with this.

badjab326

Neo Member
I'll be deep in the cold dark earth before I ever pay for PS+, so do ya think I'd finally have enough single-player to keep me happy with this ver? Am I locked out of any unlocks or content if I never play online? Any word on FM rewards for beating arcade mode?
I'd say so. Between all the character stories, all the different arcade mode endings, the main story mode, survival mode and extra battle it should keep you busy for quite a while.

myco666

CPT DLC is timed exclusive because it raises prize money for a competition (Capcom Cup). Once that competition is over, they do not need to sell DLC to raise money for that competition. If they offered that DLC after the competition, it would not be raising money for that competition, thus defeating the purpose of making the DLC in the first place.

Couldn't Capcom keep it in store and just use the profits for next years Capcom Cup?

En-ou

Yeah, if Guile was replaced by Nash then maybe it'd be by series, but it's obvious they just threw some of the most popular characters on the box art. Don't look too much into it guys.
This is Neogaf, there will be discussions about how it’s all connected going back to when the concept artist decided on guiles hair while he was on the crapper. Diagram and timeline incoming lol

Well, they could still funnel in profits from previous year CPT packages into this year's Cup.

Timed exclusive shit is the dumbest thing. Capcom, I'm trying to give you money.

Be ready when it's announced.

Tripon

Oh please dude, Tyler Rob wasn't shit posting? Tell me how and how Jett was fanboying even tho he was putting forward a construction argument with examples. All Panda does is drive by nonsense on the fgc thread, it is known. I know these are your boys but get outta here with this.
My boys? Please explain more. You are being accustory and even more importantly you won't even try to discuss about the game that you supposedly want to play. You are more interested attacking others.

JusDoIt

Couldn't Capcom keep it in store and just use the profits for next years Capcom Cup?

That just gives people less incentive to buy this year's CPT DLC, when they know they can just get a big ass bundle next year with this year's and next year's.

This is not some new tactic. Fundraising drives for all kinds of things offer up exclusive perks to encourage people to give up the cash in a limited time.

Lulubop

My boys? Please explain more. You are being accustory and even more importantly you won't even try to discuss about the game that you supposedly want to play. You are more interested attacking others.

Like what are you talking about? Dude I just said why I called out Tyler rob, can you tead? All Panda said is why, so I questioned him. Like why what? He always does that drive by shit so I called him on it. What you want me to do? Tell me. Get outta here man.

Yea, your boys. Not the first time you felt the need to come to their rescue.

Top Bottom