• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V being built on Unreal Engine 4

mubhyx.png

Looks really gorgeous, however I'm hoping during actual gameplay, animations won't be as stiff as they in Mortal Kombat and injustice. Judging from the recent gameplay videos, SFV seems less fluid the previous iteration.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The games do use similar character models, but I think once the effects work starts coming in, the differences become quite obvious.

LiquidVibrantDolphin.gif

I feel like there may be some redesigns in the works considering the higher quality textures make certain design choices (like Chun-Li's spike bangles) look super ridiculous.

Considering I could tell them apart upon first glimpse, I'll have to go with: everything.

I don't see the similarities unless you're strictly comparing bodily proportions.
u dont see how the art style looks exactly the same beside hairstyle change in ryu?
if you had put any considerable time into SF4 you'd be able to easily tell the difference
thats my point, u have to know what u are looking for to see any difference, i played sf4 for around 2 hours and i cant tell the 2 apart. the differences arnt obvious, very subtle
If you think this

Looks like the same game as

Then I really don't know what to tell you.

show both these screen to average joe and ask him to spot the difference. it looks a little sharper and the colours look more saturated, thats it. very minor differences. can easily be mistaken for being from the same game

the comparison just proves my point, what the hell is the difference besides saturation levels? i cant see any

A completely different rendering style? Completely different face style? Seriously, the only thing that have in common is that they are using the same basic designs.

i never got the feeling they look the same that's just me, maybe because i've been playing SF since the sega genesis days ( i'm 26 btw ) and i can spot the small hint of differences. but i respect everyone's opinion.

tbm24

The games do use similar character models, but I think once the effects work starts coming in, the differences become quite obvious.

LiquidVibrantDolphin.gif

Considering who the two characters in question are, that's rather inevitable. The effects themselves do a great job highlighting the differences, however to me the biggest indicator is simply the massive difference in move sets for both characters, in particular chun li. In what little has been seen of SFV, she is an entirely different character to her SF4 counter part. To suggest they look the same is nothing short of ignorance imo.

Considering who the two characters in question are, that's rather inevitable. The effects themselves do a great job highlighting the differences, however to me the biggest indicator is simply the massive difference in move sets for both characters, in particular chun li. In what little has been seen of SFV, she is an entirely different character to her SF4 counter part. To suggest they look the same is nothing short of ignorance imo.

chun actually looks more asian in SFV compared to her SFIV counterpart. Plus she way much better overall she looks like her 3rd strike model but in 3d

mubhyx.png

Looks really gorgeous, however I'm hoping during actual gameplay, animations won't be as stiff as they in Mortal Kombat and injustice. Judging from the recent gameplay videos, SFV seems less fluid the previous iteration.

Judging from the new MKX animations look ALOT more fluid than they ever have, plus Female faces look a little less manly, still have work to go, but they are not at the point where you will compliment them on how smooth it looks, but more along the lines most of the animations wont stick out obvious to you when you play it

XenoRaven

u dont see how the art style looks exactly the same beside hairstyle change in ryu?

thats my point, u have to know what u are looking for to see any difference, i played sf4 for around 2 hours and i cant tell the 2 apart. the differences arnt obvious, very subtle

show both these screen to average joe and ask him to spot the difference. it looks a little sharper and the colours look more saturated, thats it. very minor differences. can easily be mistaken for being from the same game
Consider seeing an optometrist.

This is going to be the first Street Fighter game I buy since Street Fighter II !
It looks amazing.
So, this is going to release before the end of fiscal year 2016. That's before when exactly? March 2016 or March2017?

rubex75

Banned

Troll harder.

thelastword

Banned
mubhyx.png

That's a very nice screen. I'm already impressed with the animation and physics (blowing of the ribbon on her hair, noticed this in the trailer). It will interesting to notice the improvements as they go along.

The SC team have not used a new engine since 2008...Tekken changed theirs from T6 to TTT2...but now they are realizing going from engine to engine like that takes too much time and is too costly
It was one of the coolest things about Tekken though, these games shone like a candle on the PS1 and PS2 respectively. T3 is probably the best looking fighter on PS1 and Tekken Tag, T4 and T5 were all amazing looking games on the PS2.

They fell a little bit from grace on the PS3 (graphically speaking), but so did most fighting game developers last gen. I guess the Soul calibur games were probably the best looking fighters last gen, still the IQ on fighting games including SC left a lot to be desired. Things are looking up though, but I'd like to see a bit more variety in the engine used, even GG XRD used unreal.

Bloodrage

Banned
I was pretty clear on that, I think. I posted comparisons on the very first page of this thread. If you still can't tell them apart, then the real question is why are you still lying to yourself and everyone else?

orioto

Good Art™

LiquidVibrantDolphin.gif

How are they similar lol... The poly count is not even comparable.. Now if by comparable you mean they still have two legs and two arms..

That looks really good to me, except i think the light is weird. It's like the shadows are too subtle sometimes (like in the Uncharted 4 one) and some part look flat... It doesn't look like there is a realistic light on the level. I don't really like the shader on their face neither. They look too plastic. I think those characters should look super sketchy or realistic, but they look like crappy cgi for now.

Also that Ryu cloth For christ sake! Animate it Capcom! it cannot look like it's a plastic toy in 2016! They clearly have cloth physics on Shun Li fabric, and on the under the belt part of Ryu's top, but i want his pants to flow!

A next gen 2016 fighter cannot let SFIII ryu or any Kim Kaphwan animation destroy it!

Looks very different to me and much better than IV and Chun Li's moves look amazing. I hope they can draw much inspiration from Third Strike as they can while keeping it modern. Ryu still looks a little goofy though, hope they can change that. Also great its on UE4, seems a very impressive engine.

i swear if this game was multiplat more people would complain about the lack of graphical difference. just compare the tomb raider thread to street fighter thread. this place is nothing more than system wars on some topics.

Troll harder. If you seriously can't see any differences (which you can but you're just trolling) then please get the fuck out this thread. You've said your piece now go away.
if u dont like reading my perfectly valid complain hit the block user button.

rubex75

Banned
i swear if this game was multiplat more people would complain about the lack of graphical difference. just compare the tomb raider thread to street fighter thread. this place is nothing more than system wars on some topics.

Don't mind if I do!

lmao sure, coming from the guy who says the art style is completely different even though it looks exactly the same

SF4 has a strong texture work, strong ink like outline, something very comic style/manga ish.

SF5 more focus on clean edge, lightning effect and reflections on textile matters.

Sure, both gmes share the same proportion of its character but it's doesn't look the same at all. And it's still early. At least try too look into the graphics and don't stop at the character style. Or maybe you confuse the two.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

In this case, your just wrong

KoopaTheCasual

Are you completely blind?

Or maybe if it was actually multiplat you wouldn't be here trolling. See? It's really easy to make baseless accusations!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, MKX is on UE3? I thought it was on 4?

I think it was an E3 bomcast, but I remember hearing Ed Boon talk about how they've modified the engine (UE3) so much to do what they want to do in Mortal Kombat that switching engines doesn't make sense.

Greenzxy

Although, I don't mind the old man Ryu look. I'm hoping they model him a little bit more to his ultra artowrk since it seems to fit the gritty stlye of the game.

ultra-streetfighter4-poster.jpg

A-V-B

tbh I'm hoping they continue to improve the look

technologically SF5 is superior, but SF4 still has a better art style

Bloodrage

Banned
Or maybe if it was actually multiplat you wouldn't be here trolling. See? It's really easy to make baseless accusations!
Sadly I do believe that's where he's coming from now. He tried to hide it but he broke with that post.

it isnt baseless accusations, the tr and sf5 thread are there for everyone to see. in tr thread 'ms are evil' and hardly anyone talking about the game. in sf5 thread no mention of 'sony are evil'.

and no im not blind and anyone who is suggesting the game looks completely different and there is no way sf5 can be mistaken for sf4 needs a reality check
No one was trying to turn this into system wars until you arrived though. You're the only one struggling with reality in this thread.

tbh I'm hoping they continue to improve the look

technologically SF5 is superior, but SF4 still has a better art style
SF5 is artistically and technologically superior though. The only thing I would have changed about SF4 was the art style. Weird color saturation and washed out look all over the place, weird rendering on the characters, etc. SF5 is what SF4 should have looked like.

Are you completely blind?

it isnt baseless accusations, the tr and sf5 thread are there for everyone to see. in tr thread 'ms are evil' and hardly anyone talking about the game. in sf5 thread no mention of 'sony are evil'.

and no im not blind and anyone who is suggesting the game looks completely different and there is no way sf5 can be mistaken for sf4 needs a reality check

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
While this isn't MT Frameworks, I'm fine with this. Also means easier modding for the PC version.

KingJ2002

Initially when i saw the first video i thought that this is just a remaster of sf4... but i was wrong when the screens and the gamersyde video release... there is a massive difference between the character models, details, lighting & effects of the games. I would like to see more detail in the stages but i think that will come over time.

in anycase... i have a feeling that the 16 character breakdown will be:

8 Original Fighters (Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Zangief, E. Honda, Blanka, Guile, Dhalsim)
4 New SFV Characters
4 Boss Characters

Moveset Changes, Outfit Differences and the overall system will make it feel like a different game entirely.

As for additional characters... I can also see Capcom releasing different packs such as

Street Fighter 4 Pack
Street Fighter 3 Pack
Street Fighter 2 Pack
Street Fighter Alpha Pack
Capcom All Stars Pack

and bring the roster close to or surpassing the Ultra SF4 roster over time.

Top Bottom