• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V being built on Unreal Engine 4

Skab

Initially when i saw the first video i thought that this is just a remaster of sf4... but i was wrong when the screens and the gamersyde video release... there is a massive difference between the character models, details, lighting & effects of the games. I would like to see more detail in the stages but i think that will come over time.

in anycase... i have a feeling that the 16 character breakdown will be:

8 Original Fighters (Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Zangief, E. Honda, Blanka, Guile, Dhalsim)
4 New SFV Characters
4 Boss Characters

Moveset Changes, Outfit Differences and the overall system will make it feel like a different game entirely.

As for additional characters... I can also see Capcom releasing different packs such as

Street Fighter 4 Pack
Street Fighter 3 Pack
Street Fighter 2 Pack
Street Fighter Alpha Pack
Capcom All Stars Pack

and bring the roster close to or surpassing the Ultra SF4 roster over time.

Charlie being announced already throws your prediction off.

A-V-B

Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head.gif

It does. SF5 looks like a somewhat plainer, more technical version of SF4, just with much better tech behind it.

cackhyena

It does. SF5 looks like a somewhat plainer, more technical version of SF4, just with much better tech behind it.

The proportions alone are better. Look at Ryu or Chun's face in 4...like straight on look, then look at the new models. Dude, no way.

it isnt baseless accusations, the tr and sf5 thread are there for everyone to see. in tr thread 'ms are evil' and hardly anyone talking about the game. in sf5 thread no mention of 'sony are evil'.

and no im not blind and anyone who is suggesting the game looks completely different and there is no way sf5 can be mistaken for sf4 needs a reality check

There's a huge difference in everything when you compare both titles. Go watch the 60fps trailer of SFV and then watch a 60fps match of SF4. I bet you that you cant even tell what's new when an opponent blocks an incoming attack. You know why? You don't even play fighting games. Take your console war bullshit out of thread.

Why is everyone using a 7/8 (when SFV drops) year old game from a different fighting game genre climate to gauge acceptable roster size?

SF had just had a 10 year break. There was no Sony funding. Many other games in the genre have come out since then. Certainly Capcom with outside financial assistance should be able to match the other developers launching their own games with entirely new or remodeled casts, with characters that are also distinct from each other.

Roster will be:
Ryu
Ken
Chun
Akuma
Charlie
Alex
Necro
Ibuki
Urien
Juri
Viper
Rufus
Newcomer 1, 2, 3, and 4

Drop Rufus for Bison and you've got a very solid roster with only a few redundancies that pays respect to all of the series' history. Add in another 4 new characters and it would be perfectly acceptable.

KingJ2002

Charlie being announced already throws your prediction off.

I made that list with him in mind.

From the video... it's clear that it looks like Charlie... but he has that gem on the top of his head which i don't remember him having in his alpha days... he could be a boss character, completely different dude with the same face, or evil charlie with different moveset entirely from his alpha days.

either way... 16 characters means a lot of people aren't coming in from Ultra SF4.

cackhyena

From the video... it's clear that it looks like Charlie... but he has that gem on the top of his head which i don't remember him having in his alpha days... he could be a boss character, completely different dude with the same face, or evil charlie with different moveset entirely from his alpha days.

either way... 16 characters means a lot of people aren't coming in from Ultra SF4.
But Ono came out with Charlie hair. I thought I read somewhere that the gem implies resurrection or something.

I would like Dudley from the last round. That's it. Go for less used or new characters otherwise. But we gotta have Ken.

Skab

Ahh, okay. Boss character Charlie could happen I suppose.

I actually have a feeling we will see more people who didn't make it into any version of 4 than people are expecting.

And if Chun really isn't a charge character anymore, then they're obviously willing to change things up for the characters that do come back.

Vice

The effects are different, no more ink. The art style and models are completely different as well. The animations are very different. It haa more exagerated animations with a slightly less exaggerated character models.

Silky

Banned
Drop Rufus for Bison and you've got a very solid roster with only a few redundancies that pays respect to all of the series' history. Add in another 4 new characters and it would be perfectly acceptable.

Well Bison should be dead by this point which is why I omitted him. Juri would be his replacement.

JP

It's a beautiful looking game and there's probably ages left in development. Did SFIV change much between when it was first shown and released?

I really hope the 16 aren't just the 12 from sf2 turbo and only 4 new ones.

I see only 4 returning from normal roster.

Ryu
Ken
Chun Li
Charlie

SF3 boss characters
Urien
Gill

SF4 boss characters
Akuma
Bison

Either 8 new Characters or 2 other returning characters and 6 new ones.

But Ono came out with Charlie hair. I thought I read somewhere that the gem implies resurrection or something.

I would like Dudley from the last round. That's it. Go for less used or new characters otherwise. But we gotta have Ken.

That's exactly what it means. It looks like Gill and Urien brought him back. If you look at those 2 characters they both have the gem and Gill has a super called resurrection.

Well Bison should be dead by this point which is why I omitted him. Juri would be his replacement.

The way I see it, SFV will be another between 2 and 3 game, but closer to "before 3" instead of "after 2".

So like the Illuminati resurrect Charlie to fight Shadaloo (hence the Gill-esque head gem), and Bison is actually defeated for good within the 5 story.

SykoTech

Well that makes it a multiplat then, doesn't it? You just screwed up your conspiracy theory.

It's hilarious, really.

"People are only going easy on it because it's an exclusive! If it was multiplat, they'd be angry!"

*points out what a baseless assumption that is*

"Well it's on PC, so it's multiplat!"

....wat.

MoxManiac

Bison is never dead, he just gets a new body.

I really, really hope they don't have the original SF2 eight take up half the initial roster.

it isnt baseless accusations, the tr and sf5 thread are there for everyone to see. in tr thread 'ms are evil' and hardly anyone talking about the game. in sf5 thread no mention of 'sony are evil'.

and no im not blind and anyone who is suggesting the game looks completely different and there is no way sf5 can be mistaken for sf4 needs a reality check

ooooh so thats what this is about

Clawww

Bison is never dead, he just gets a new body.

I really, really hope they don't have the original SF2 eight take up half the initial roster.

Charlie would seem to exclude Guile for the initial roster at least. Chun stole Blanka's slide so he might be out also. I'd be surprised if we see all the world warriors TBH.

KingJ2002

That gem reminds me of Juri's eye so I have a feeling it's more than just "Charlie's back"... if Ono is going for difference within the movesets for the roster then making a Guile clone of charlie wouldn't make much sense... it would be better if Charlie came back with a brand new moveset that makes him different from Gulie. So "Evil Charlie w/ New Moveset thanks to the power of the gem" makes sense IMO.

Also i'm with you with a brand new cast... but knowing Capcom and their desire to appeal to all... i can't see them lopping off the original 8. I would hope that cast of 16 didn't include boss characters... so that it can be 8 returning and 8 new.

whatever happens... i just hope the cast is balanced.

There's a huge difference in everything when you compare both titles. Go watch the 60fps trailer of SFV and then watch a 60fps match of SF4. I bet you that you cant even tell what's new when an opponent blocks an incoming attack. You know why? You don't even play fighting games. Take your console war bullshit out of thread.
huge difference my ass. if there was huge difference u wouldnt have to resort to 'I bet you that you cant even tell what's new when an opponent blocks an incoming attack' to point out the differences.

ive seen the trailer in hd and unless u nitpick and really focus there is hardly any differences.
FwuPg7e.jpg

cdkxvr.png

^^huge difference lol where?
It's hilarious, really.

"People are only going easy on it because it's an exclusive! If it was multiplat, they'd be angry!"

*points out what a baseless assumption that is*

"Well it's on PC, so it's multiplat!"

....wat.

Well that makes it a multiplat then, doesn't it? You just screwed up your conspiracy theory.

did titanfall being on pc stop sony fans from hating on it every thread? nope.

Top Bottom