• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V minimum and recommended PC specs

Momentary

Banned
Why do official screenshots look so much more crisp than direct screenshots from the game? Hopefully that means that they have implemented some form of down-sampling AA for the game on PC. It just looks so much clearer. There also seems to be motion blur added to the Karin trailer. Was that in the beta? Probably will get implemented in the next build.

Out of curiosity, what makes SFV look better than MKX?

Clothing Physics
Deformation of faces during hits
Better facial expression animations
Better animation fluidity
Better cloth physics
Better hair physics
No flip flopping into 30fps for special attacks

Clawww

Im thinking about get a Mid Range Pc for some Moba action and CS, also media center so i would like to have a monitor to play these games at high fps, at least 60.

oh yeah then definitely go for it. recently got a 144hz benQ and I'm loving it. Dota and CS are awesome at high framerates and not too demanding (you can always just tone stuff down to pump up the fps). for fighters, the input lag is great, too. I used to hook up my asus to play stuff on my PC because my old Korean 1440p was noticeably laggier, but I don't have to anymore. I'd probably go 144hz/1080p if I were you since games will look good on it with your PS4 if you decide to run it, and it'll require less beefy PC components to get high fps @ 1080p.

atomico

I got the PS4 version just for the beta but I'll double dip once I see a cheap Steam key.

Hopefully my 4770k + 8GB + 780ti will be able to handle the game at 1080p. I really don't see myself updating it until something explodes, I haven't played that many games on it, lately.

Fitts

I got the PS4 version just for the beta but I'll double dip once I see a cheap Steam key.

Hopefully my 4770k + 8GB + 780ti will be able to handle the game at 1080p. I really don't see myself updating it until something explodes, I haven't played that many games on it, lately.

How cheap? Not sure if it's still going, but Greenman had a 25% off coupon going within the past week. Knocks SFV down to $45.

Also, these recommended specs please me. I hope that progress/unlocks are shared between platforms for those who purchase both versions.

Clawww

I heard you might not get your steam key from GMG right away, though, if you're interested in the beta. not sure.

Fitts

I heard you might not get your steam key from GMG right away, though, if you're interested in the beta. not sure.

Is PC getting it's own dedicated beta period like PS4 did, though? All I've read about is an upcoming beta for both platforms.

viHuGi

Banned
oh yeah then definitely go for it. recently got a 144hz benQ and I'm loving it. Dota and CS are awesome at high framerates and not too demanding (you can always just tone stuff down to pump up the fps). for fighters, the input lag is great, too. I used to hook up my asus to play stuff on my PC because my old Korean 1440p was noticeably laggier, but I don't have to anymore. I'd probably go 144hz/1080p if I were you since games will look good on it with your PS4 if you decide to run it, and it'll require less beefy PC components to get high fps @ 1080p.

Seems a great deal then, will see some reviews.

TaterTots

Banned
Animations.
Effects like fireballs and sparks.
Character models.
Constant 60FPS (and not jerking to 30 when x-ray's start).
Clothing looks better.

All that being said, it's not really fair to compare them since MKX originally had plans for a last gen inclusion, where SFV is not

Lol. You're right about the clothes and I still have no idea why x-rays are 30fps, but that's a different discussion.

Lulubop

might as well get it on the wii with those specs

TaterTots

Banned
Why do official screenshots look so much more crisp than direct screenshots from the game? Hopefully that means that they have implemented some form of down-sampling AA for the game on PC. It just looks so much clearer. There also seems to be motion blur added to the Karin trailer. Was that in the beta? Probably will get implemented in the next build.

Clothing Physics
Better cloth physics
Better hair physics

Good points. MKX barely has facial animations outside of x-rays and some special moves.

Clawww

this + constant 60fps is what really makes SF V so much nicer than SF IV for me.

it brings the series close to that beautiful SFIII fluidity finally realized in 3D.

stuff like move-appropriate blocking in terms of where the move is hitting looks great, too. characters even pull back their feet if moves whiff nearby and stuff.

I don't know, maybe I was playing at a bad time or something. I know I kept running into the same 2 or 3 people and couldn't find anyone else other than them. This was only a couple of weeks ago btw.

As far as MK9 goes, yeah, it's a shit port, so I kind of understand why I couldn't find anyone online.

Wonko_C

Laugh at me all you want people, but I'll be running this game on a Core 2 Duo. No matter what the requirements say. That old coot is getting me through The Phantom Pain just fine, It can play Rising Thunder (An UE4 game, no less!) and even that mess of a port called Mortal Kombat X was doable, at 720p...

...Or I'll just hope I can buy a cheap PS4 by the time the game is out. :p

Yudoken

Laugh at me all you want people, but I'll be running this game on a Core 2 Duo. No matter what the requirements say. That old coot is getting me through The Phantom Pain just fine, It can play Rising Thunder (An UE4 game, no less!) and even that mess of a port called Mortal Kombat X was doable, at 720p...

...Or I'll just hope I can buy a cheap PS4 by the time the game is out. :p

Why laugh?
If it works, it works.

I'm all in on PC because I have a 360 madcatz TE stick. No way to use that bad boy on PS4 right?

Looks like I'll be min speccing it up with my 670

So it's an online-only game.
Tournaments are going to be a lot of fun....
RIP laptop SF4 players (the most efficient way to play the game on the go).

Most likely for activation. I highly doubt that they'd be that dumb to do that. They know that many people play the game offline.

Most likely for activation. I highly doubt that they'd be that dumb to do that. They know that many people play the game offline.

Y'all do know these are the specs for the beta right? The game is still incomplete so we don't know how these specs are going to be changed. The beta is online only to test the servers.

Pretty sure it's going to be locked at 60 for gameplay reasons.

I made a thread about this before, but I am wholly convinced there is a way to allow for a display of 120 but gameplay logic still tied to the 60.

I just want shiny... I just want smooth.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So that means it should be well optimized for PC's, that's great.

But its strange that the absolute minimum CPU requirements are higher than what the PS4 has. Is that just on account of PC API overhead in general?

FACE

Banned
I made a thread about this before, but I am wholly convinced there is a way to allow for a display of 120 but gameplay logic still tied to the 60.

I just want shiny... I just want smooth.

SF5 already looks hella smooth at 60fps, It'd be dreamy at 120+

I hope one day we'll get to see that.

Skunkers

this + constant 60fps is what really makes SF V so much nicer than SF IV for me.

it brings the series close to that beautiful SFIII fluidity finally realized in 3D.

Can't agree with that. SFIII may be the best animated 2d fighter ever, by even SFIV blew it out of the water on the basis of animation. It's especially apparent because a lot of the characters in IV obviously used their SFIII animations as key frames but fleshed them out to fully 60fps animated. Ryu and Ken for example retain most of their animations from III, especially apparent with moves like their sweep and shoulder throw. Chun is also hugely obvious. SFV's physics and per-attack blocking are just things taking it to another level.

Sayad

Can't agree with that. SFIII may be the best animated 2d fighter ever, by even SFIV blew it out of the water on the basis of animation. It's especially apparent because a lot of the characters in IV obviously used their SFIII animations as key frames but fleshed them out to fully 60fps animated. Ryu and Ken for example retain most of their animations from III, especially apparent with moves like their sweep and shoulder throw. Chun is also hugely obvious. SFV's physics and per-attack blocking are just things taking it to another level.
Not even close:
chun-sf4-full-speed.gif
chun-slight-speed-down-Copy.gif

chun-li-comparison.gif

Whole animation running at 60fps won't necessarily make it animate better. Just pick any part of Chun to compare, face expressions, fingers, feet, cloths, hair, body language/form factor, SF3 will always come out on top when it comes to animation.

nded

Ehh, I'm not as down on SFIV's look as others seem to be, but I would never claim its animation as superior to SFIII's in any aspect besides maybe number of frames.

No, the animation didn't change through editions.

They never improved on existing characters with each revision, but each new batch of characters seemed slightly better modeled and animated than the last. It seemed that way to me, anyway.

RedSwirl

Shit. Pascal can't get here soon enough.

I mean, my 760 will probably run it, but I don't think it's gonna feel optimal.

raven777

Not even close:
chun-sf4-full-speed.gif
chun-slight-speed-down-Copy.gif

chun-li-comparison.gif

Whole animation running at 60fps won't necessarily make it animate better. Just pick any part of Chun to compare, face expressions, fingers, feet, cloths, hair, body language/form factor, SF3 will always come out on top when it comes to animation.

Holy shit was Chun-Li's fireball animation that bad in SFIV?

Sayad

Obviously I mean they got better at animating the characters added in later iterations. Ibuki and Makoto animate much better than the vanilla launch characters.
Both Ibuki and Makoto are still nowhere near SF3's level of animation though.

Sanctuary

Uh, doesn't seem that good to me.
Hope it's like MGS or MGR where you can run it with specs lower than the official requirements.

The requirements are of a six year old, mid-range PC.

Dafuq? It's not even just character attack animations that were better in SF3, it was all of the additional animations going on.

Crisium

It's odd that they have 480 and 570 as minimums, which are virtually equal in performance, and then the 670 as an equivalent. Traditionally the 660 was the Kepler closest to 480/570 in performance, and we even have a 660 Ti in-between if they want to be conservative, so it's yet another case of a dev not really knowing what they are talking about. The 960 on average is barely faster than the 670 for example. Unless they are taking into account Kepler tanking in the past year, but it's not like Fermi is improving so I'm quite sure Capcom are clueless.

So guy with a 660 you are probably gonna be fine.

Tizoc

Clothing Physics
Better cloth physics
Better hair physics

Don't forget dat claymation/playdough look. It's growning on people :3

Question.

I have an R9 270 with 8 gigs of RAM and a i5 3750k. When they say the recommended is a GTX 960 do they mean the 2GB or 4GB one?

Because the 270 is a 2GB card so...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So how will codes work? Will i have to preorder again or does my ps4 preorder still work?

It sounds like you're asking if having the PS4 version will give you the choice of playing the PC version. Cross-platform play refers to PS4 and PC players playing together, not the PS4 version conferring access to the PC version or vice-versa.

Skunkers

Both Ibuki and Makoto are still nowhere near SF3's level of animation though.

FWIW, with my original point, I meant mainly on the basis of frames of animation. Since we're actually now discussing how things are animated, I'll concede III has some better art in it's animation but it's still a mixed bag IMO. There's a lot of stuff like the Chun-Li fireball you pointed out that is spotty, and frankly some stuff just doesn't work in 3d (stuff like hurricane kicks and lightning legs will just never ever look as good as 2d), but when they do manage to avoid that awkwardness, there's some magnificent looking stuff in SF4. I'll take Metsu Shoryuken in SF4 over Shin Shoryuken in 3 all day and twice on Sundays, for example. Lower lows, and perhaps more of them, but higher highs.

Top Bottom