• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Offers Sneak Peek and Free Week to PC Players

JayEH

Training mode settings saved?

Maybe next year they'll let player 2 go to character select.

If you've ever played casual matches, you've probably come across AFKers who slowly farm fight money by keeping the A button on turbo or something. The blacklist should be nice if it lets you avoid them.

I think a better fix would be to remove automatic match acceptance though, unless there's a way for afkers to get around that too.

mbpm1

I might give it a try just to see what Kolin's like.
Is your Capcom Fighter profile cross platform?

Kolin is quite fun as long as you don't mind losing while trying to figure thing out

winning 2-1 after losing the first match with a double P is one of those satisfying things

Skilletor

If you've ever played casual matches, you've probably come across AFKers who slowly farm fight money by keeping the A button on turbo or something. The blacklist should be nice if it lets you avoid them.

I think a better fix would be to remove automatic match acceptance though, unless there's a way for afkers to get around that too.

Wouldn't they confirm with auto attacks the same way they're spamming lk or lp or whatever?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Pro tip Capcom: If you want to try and lure PC gamers back to your game... maybe allow people to REMAP THE FUCKING KEYBOARD.

I mean it's only been a god damned year.

People that play fighting games competitively tend to focus on 1 or maybe 2 characters. It's not like team based f2p games where you might have to change roles, and there's a lot of different characters you play in that role.

The idea that having the entire rooster available for free will make people buy costumes for characters they don't play is flawed.

That said Capcom could be way more active in making skins for other chars. I think Chun in this game has like 12 different costumes vs like Birdie that has 3.
No fighting game would succeed if it was focused on this "competitive audience". MOBA pros also focus on a relatively small portion of their game's cast too. We're talking maybe 1% of the game's audience. Most people only focusing on 1-2 characters hasn't been my personal experience with fighting games going back to SF2. Players might have their favorites, their best weapon they bring out for serious play, but that doesn't mean they don't dabble with larger portions of the cast, particularly months in or after massive balance changes. Your argument also supports the idea that Capcom shouldn't even be releasing new characters at all, because obviously everybody is only going to use their favorite existing characters, right? It might make a sort of logical sense, but it doesn't fit reality.

Having future content purchases locked behind initial content purchases is a fundamentally silly approach. You don't need to make the characters absolutely free out of the gate, but making them more easily accessible would be smart. You could go the Killer Instinct approach, make different characters free to play on different weeks, or go with what Heroes of the Storm has done a few times with promotional tactics. ("Get a friend to start playing SF5 and both of you get this new character for free!" "Play 50 ranked matches in June to get Kolin!") I admittedly don't play SF5 too often in 2017, but I've literally never seen a Kolin and have only run into an Akuma a couple of times. I seriously doubt Capcom is making any profit off of these new characters, so realistically they would be better off using them as bait to attract more players into their game service where they might spend money on other content.

Anyway, this is all academic. SF5 was released as it is, and with how conservative their post-release support has been it seems extremely unlikely that Capcom is going to be making big changes.

We agree the game needs more costumes, though it's possible certain characters are so unpopular there's no justification for that. I can't imagine Capcom's budget for this game is looking too hot right now.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
”Rage Quit" Penalty System
Special ”rage quit" player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.

does LTG get a one-of-a-kind version of this icon?

Somebody please update me when they change the netcode.All these new features should've been there from the start!
Still warps? Thanks i'm good.

jwillenn

That said Capcom could be way more active in making skins for other chars. I think Chun in this game has like 12 different costumes vs like Birdie that has 3.

It would be REALLY nice if Capcom allowed us to design costumes in game.
Now imagine that! They wouldn't even have to feel pressured to make costumes anymore! Spend 25,000 FM (per costume) to access a costume editor and create your own exclusive costume! That would be really fun!

When finished, press "submit" to Capcom for approval process. If approved, your costume becomes official and can be used in online matches as well as at tournaments. If not, you can use your costume against AI and your FM would be returned to you with a reason (too sexually explicit, makes character difficult to see against certain backgrounds, not different enough from an original design, etc.)

You can submit up to 1 costume per month.

Players could also have the OPTION to sell copies of their costumes to other players for FM. Approved costumes go to the shop and players can download them. Prices might be 20,000FM. 19,900 of that goes to Capcom while the creator would receive 100FM per unique download!

gelf

I still won't buy it until there's at least an arcade mode but I'll certainly give it a try while it's free.

yurinka

It's a good idea. I think SFV should have a free lite version, limited to like 6 available characters who would rotate every week.

And Capcom, forget pro-players and focus in the other 99.99% of the playerbase: release more single player content, like new game modes (arcade mode, 2nd season for the story), more stages, characters, costumes and colors.

I also would like to have a simple character costume editor, where at least we choose different color for hair, skin, shirt, pants, shoes and accesories between the colors I unlocked for this costume. Or even better, instead of mixing colors of a costume, let me mix the 3D models of this character's costumes: use hair for a costume, shirt from another, pants from another, shoes from another, etc. I think it would increase purchase of costumes & colors.

I tried to play some matches today and it took a minute or two just to find a game against another player. I really hope they fix the matchmaking. It should not be taking more than a few seconds to match players against one another in a system where matches only feature two players.

In many other games, I can get into 12, 20 or even 64 player matches faster than SFV can find me a single opponent. That's pathetic.

I am interested in seeing how much better this might look in 4k, though I know I'm not actually going to play it because I never bothered playing it on the PS4.

ZeroCDR

I've pretty much stopped playing at this time, but I'll take this opportunity to get some free fight money out of the DLC characters I'll never buy.

pHand

I've pretty much stopped playing at this time, but I'll take this opportunity to get some free fight money out of the DLC characters I'll never buy.

"All data recorded during the beta is for testing purposes only and once the beta has concluded, all replays, Fight Money earned, progress and player data will be deleted."

ZeroCDR

"All data recorded during the beta is for testing purposes only and once the beta has concluded, all replays, Fight Money earned, progress and player data will be deleted."

Ah okay, so like the MKXL PC beta last year. Never mind then lol

Good too see Capcom didn't give up on sfv yet and still supporting it. This game should have been delayed for another year. The game is good but probably will never recover anymore financially due to initial bad impression. Still rooting for it to find success atleast half as much as sfiv seires.

Really curious to see what Gief's leg grab looks like.

Good too see Capcom didn't give up on sfv yet and still supporting it. This game should have been delayed for another year. The game is good but probably will never recover anymore financially due to initial bad impression. Still rooting for it to find success atleast half as much as sfiv seires.

At no point during this game's life has Capcom been close to "giving up on SF5".

That's GAF talk. In pretty much every interview they've given, Capcom has reiterated their long term commitment to this game. I think this game is doing much worse in the minds of you guys than in the mind of Capcom itself.

And, all this "delay it for another year" talk...have you all noticed how SF4 basically died instantly when SF5 dropped? Nah, SF5 was right on time. People were mad tired of 4.
Plus, do we really want 4 big fighting games to come out within a few months of each other? Injustice 2, T7, MvCi, AND SF5? I don't think so.

Pompadour

At no point during this game's life has Capcom been close to "giving up on SF5".

That's GAF talk. In pretty much every interview they've given, Capcom has reiterated their long term commitment to this game. I think this game is doing much worse in the minds of you guys than in the mind of Capcom itself.

A lot of people on GAF have a hard time coming to grips that videogames have other revenue streams aside from copies sold. I think the biggest hit Street Fighter has taken is in the minds of the gaming audience. However, that would be a much bigger deal if SF was like most big franchises and released a new game every 3-4 years. Who knows what the opinion of SFV will be in 6 years.

Around April 2016 people here said there would be no Season 2. Now SFV is on national television all week long.

Alchemist

lol smh

qcf x2

I installed this and it was a total disaster for me. Underwater FPS except when spectating, when it would go 16x speed until the round ended, then back to underwater. Waiting, waiting, waiting, still takes forever and a year to get anywhere.

I tried toning the settings down, I guess a 1070 can't run this gem at 4k, no problem. Wait, still underwater at 1080p with settings on medium? Umm...

Also lol @ still can't filter battle lounge by region or bars.

gelf

So I installed this and so far I've not been able to find a match. ranking and casual are just forever search for opponent, and I'm trying the battle lounges and am finding full rooms with the top two constantly selecting and deselecting and no matches actually starting.

Top Bottom