• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah those are great! I like to use them as jump ins sometimes too, if I can get away with it, but then its jump LP, MP, LK, HP or jump MK, MK, HK, MK.

I tried learning Gootecks version of C.LK, F.LK, MK, HK, MK too, but I found it super hard to do consistently, haha.
Yeah I tried that one from Gooteks as well. Not happening. I'll have to get it down sooner or later but man...

OK, if you want more complex, then try MP, HP, EX face grab thing, the second he throws, > HP/HK (press stick facing away from you), the second you re-appear, HK to juggle and end with an EX 5 hit Flash Kick thing.

Sorry that I don't know the name of Nash's moves lol.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

No problem! :D

Sure! I still have Cammy and Nash to do (which will have to be tomorrow) but I'll try and do her right after.

Also... I'm going to bed for now but I've uh... started something
0jzd6ns.gif

No idea what's going on with the textures or anything but that's tomorrow's problem. :p
I swear to god if I wake up tomorrow with a ban from Capcpom for this... lmao
Stupid sexy Ryu...

DR2K

Banned
once everybody uses their fight money on the first or second character no one is going to fucking have fight money to gamble considering how little you get from online matches and how dumb as hell survival mode is.

There will be trials, an arcade mode(maybe), challenges, daily challenges, story mode, hopefully rebalanced survival mode ai, and maybe betting fight money since there's a Zeni currency. There's an achievement for having a million fight money, so I doubt that will be tied to any real currency.

Skittles

I zone him out and go overhead a lot. His most devastating thing for me is his double heel kick so I always keep that on my mind. I can't remember if it's punishable or not. It should be.
That heel kick is punishable, but the only move that comes out fast enough is jab and that wiffs a lot

Wow, I took some time off the game, put a little bit of practice in training mode, and focused on staying calm, not opening myself recklessly. On a winning streak in Ranked now and just knocked someone out of Bronze.

http://i.imgur.com/hM3FDOU.png

The most satisfying part is I've beaten 3 Ryus tonight. Ryu gave me so much trouble before.

EasyMode

Is it at all possible to turn off motion blur on PC?

You turn off the post processing.

Disabling post processing effects a lot more than motion blur.

In Windows 7 the ini can be found in:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Open Scalability.ini and add the following:

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

Then make sure post processing is set to max in-game. This way only motion blur is disabled and everything else looks high quality.

Yeah I tried that one from Gooteks as well. Not happening. I'll have to get it down sooner or later but man...

OK, if you want more complex, then try MP, HP, EX face grab thing, the second he throws, > HP/HK (press stick facing away from you), the second you re-appear, HK to juggle and end with an EX 5 hit Flash Kick thing.

Sorry that I don't know the name of Nash's moves lol.

Ok, so:

MP, HP, EX Tragedy Assault, B. V-Trigger, HK, EX Sonic Scythe

Sounds tricky, haha.

I will test that a bunch tomorrow morning.

Im honestly having a terrible time making Nash's V-Trigger useful. I feel like Im using it at a good time to counter something, but then it drops me too far back for a throw or I even had someone punish it, haha.

I dont know the names of his attacks yet either, I just have tab open with them listed, haha

Try playing OmniCloud's Ken sometime. Still the best Ken i've seen, this tournament included.

OmniCloud is in this thread. I know his GAF name starts with Omni. Forget the other part of it.
lol...tks man appreciate the love, I’m average though...but always willing to help out the fam here. We gotta level up, next Daigo could be among us!

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally have over 400k fight money. The last character I need to clear survival normal with is Fang, but I'm having a rough time with this character. Any tips?

tariniel

Ever since that Capcom announcement to capture evident of quitters I've started recording every ranked match, and I have one from earlier tonight to submit. Have they said where I send it? Do I just tweet the video to sfvserver?

Or we don't know yet?

Spman2099

Guys... Capcom is using me as a gatekeeper.

I started feeling like this was the case a few hours ago. So, I decided to start keeping track. Nine of my last ten matches were against bronze players that were less than a hundred league points away from ranking up. I am an ultra bronze player, so beating me would give almost a hundred points.

I didn't sign up for this, Capcom! Get someone else to do your dirty work!

mbpm1

I started feeling like this was the case a few hours ago. So, I decided to start keeping track. Nine of my last ten matches were against bronze players that were less than a hundred league points away from ranking up. I am an ultra bronze player, so beating me would give almost a hundred points.

Lord Ono-san is grateful for your service

tariniel

Feels the same for me between 1800-2000 points at Ultra Bronze. Every time I'm over 1800 I get matched with Super Silvers or higher nonstop.

Pachinko

I finally sat and played some more of this tonight , just a half dozen casual matches and lost most of them (I'm battling a helluva a head cold right now and took a substantial amount of cold meds before hand :p ) but I've noticed some things that really shouldn't work - I should never be able to jump in MK into crouching MK and have it work more then once in a row and yet the 1 win I did muster up tonight ? I did that about 10 times against a NASH and it kept working. That said I was making many mistakes of my own that cost me all those other matches, hitting buttons when I'm trying to block , doing a crouching hard kick when it's unsafe , forgetting to block correctly, etc. I'm not the greatest player but the important thing is knowing where you went wrong and working on continual improvement.

I still feel as though new players should really learn the game just a bit to avoid future frustration. There's not a lot to teach you in the game if you don't know how to properly record stuff to play back but I highly recommend watching those free cross counter vids and follow up with the character training vids the official youtube street fighter channel has been throwing up.

ON that note - you may have heard many times to start with Ryu - he's simply the easiest character to learn and he's also pretty good but I think Rashid is also a good starting point , lot's of options and he's a bit faster with a simpler to understand Vtrigger. Either way fundamental spacing / footsies will get you further then throwing projectiles.

This game is screaming for a custom vsCPU mode.

I want to practice against various CPU characters while waiting for matchups. Still, I'm having real fun with the game. Got it last friday and been playing it every night with my wife acting like a cheerleader.

mbpm1

This game is screaming for a custom vsCPU mode.

I want to practice against various CPU characters while waiting for matchups. Still, I'm having real fun with the game. Got it last friday and been playing it every night with my wife acting like a cheerleader.

You can set the training dummy to fight you

Toli08

I finally sat and played some more of this tonight , just a half dozen casual matches and lost most of them (I'm battling a helluva a head cold right now and took a substantial amount of cold meds before hand :p ) but I've noticed some things that really shouldn't work - I should never be able to jump in MK into crouching MK and have it work more then once in a row and yet the 1 win I did muster up tonight ? I did that about 10 times against a NASH and it kept working. That said I was making many mistakes of my own that cost me all those other matches, hitting buttons when I'm trying to block , doing a crouching hard kick when it's unsafe , forgetting to block correctly, etc. I'm not the greatest player but the important thing is knowing where you went wrong and working on continual improvement.

I still feel as though new players should really learn the game just a bit to avoid future frustration. There's not a lot to teach you in the game if you don't know how to properly record stuff to play back but I highly recommend watching those free cross counter vids and follow up with the character training vids the official youtube street fighter channel has been throwing up.

ON that note - you may have heard many times to start with Ryu - he's simply the easiest character to learn and he's also pretty good but I think Rashid is also a good starting point , lot's of options and he's a bit faster with a simpler to understand Vtrigger. Either way fundamental spacing / footsies will get you further then throwing projectiles.

First time I have ever really tried getting into Street Fighter online. So as a rookie I second Rashid. Very badic character that does not have crazy button combinations. He is who I have been using the whole time and really enjoy him.

KingBroly

Banned

No problem! :D

Sure! I still have Cammy and Nash to do (which will have to be tomorrow) but I'll try and do her right after.

Also... I'm going to bed for now but I've uh... started something

No idea what's going on with the textures or anything but that's tomorrow's problem. :p
I swear to god if I wake up tomorrow with a ban from Capcpom for this... lmao

I can't see Capcom banning anyone, tbh. I might be wrong, but their Servers don't strike me as...advanced.

Vex_

Banned
You guys ever think some of these RQers are gaffers and just watching us complain about them? Like, they are sitting at their monitors right now, and they are scrolling down the thread while reaching for their mountain dew with their Cheetos stained fingers?

It makes me so mad...

I had this amazing combo video for Necalli, that went really in depth with crush combos and v trigger combos, and I can't find it anywhere now. Please, anyone know a good vid on them? I need help.

I can't see Capcom banning anyone, tbh. I might be wrong, but their Servers don't strike me as...advanced.

Is it something to do with 3d models making servers chug? I swear every sprite based fighter out there has god tier Internet, yet this and mk noticeably under par.

mbpm1

You guys ever think some of these RQers are gaffers and just watching us complain about them? Like, they are sitting at their monitors right now, and they are scrolling down the thread while reaching for their mountain dew with their Cheetos stained fingers?

It makes me so mad...

Frauds among us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom