• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
I had this amazing combo video for Necalli, that went really in depth with crush combos and v trigger combos, and I can't find it anywhere now. Please, anyone know a good vid on them? I need help.

Is it something to do with 3d models making servers chug? I swear every sprite based fighter out there has god tier Internet, yet this and mk noticeably under par.

GGPO was designed with 2D fighters in mind, not 3D fighters, so it's a relatively new thing for SF5 and MKX (the latter of which's netcode isn't out yet).

Zackat

Finally starting to get some results as Chun. She takes a lot of work to learn as a noob like me. I am gonna branch out a little and learn some other characters. Rashid next.

Man, just fought a teleporting Necalli and he perfect KO'ed me on second round :(

He was doing all sorts of special moves while I couldn't even get a simple input in the game because of huge lag. How is that possible? Isn't lag supposed to be shared between both players?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
GGPO was designed with 2D fighters in mind, not 3D fighters, so it's a relatively new thing for SF5 and MKX (the latter of which's netcode isn't out yet).

2D vs 3D doesn't make a difference by itself.

But in broad terms, a more graphically intense game can use up more resources that could otherwise go to the netcode.

Even then, though, I suspect most of the issues with SF5 are in the specific implementation. The game just doesn't always appear to sync the two players properly from the outset.

mbpm1

Man, just fought a teleporting Necalli and he perfect KO'ed me on second round :(

He was doing all sorts of special moves while I couldn't even get a simple input in the game because of huge lag. How is that possible? Isn't lag supposed to be shared between both players?

That's one of the big problems with the netcode right now

Rollback should hit both players and spread out

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T

So one player will have a perfectly good match and the player on the other hand will be going through hell

joe2187

Banned
Thanks for anybody watching my stream to scrub out Hard survival and ranked and for chrono and Xsim for giving me tips to get better. I actually made it out of bronze and beyond Ultra bronze tonight.

Completely destroyed a bronze Ken and he RQed on me after the last hit. I'm not even mad anymore, hahaha.

That's one of the big problems with the netcode right now

Rollback should hit both players and spread out

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T

So one player will have a perfectly good match and the player on the other hand will be going through hell
Well, that's BS.

Son, you just encountered your first Lag Warrior. The legendary fighters who not only endure lag, but thrive from it!

I fought one the other day myself, but more iffyness to it. A constantly shoryukening Ryu, and the lag always kicked in mysteriously everytime I blocked a dp.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*plays sets against friends or gaffers - no stress

*queues for ranked matchmakong, imediate butterflies as soon as a match pops

Whut? >_>

Coda

Thanks for anybody watching my stream to scrub out Hard survival and ranked and for chrono and Xsim for giving me tips to get better. I actually made it out of bronze and beyond Ultra bronze tonight.

Nice! I tried Hard Survival mode again tonight. Got to stage 33 and got bodied. Ugh...

hertog

Very simple trick, but won quite a few rounds with it.

Birdie his forward dash is so much better in triggered mode. You can forward dash into command grab from about a 1/3 of the screen. And if they're to jab spammy, you can dash earlier and hit them with ex-bullhorn.

monodlee

How can I watch my own matches in replay?

Along with what Rean said, you can also check your opponent's fighter profile in the post-match menu, tab over all the way to the right, and your fight/replay will be the first one on their list.

I like doing this if im waiting in training instead of the main menu

Waiting 15 minutes to find a ranked match and then having power outage in the middle of the first round. One of many perks of living in a third world country, sigh.

BuyAXb0X (Lol, awesome ID btw) if you are a GAFer or read this thread, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

jediyoshi

6Z31gSp.jpg

super bronze, yeeee maybe i'll fight some not-ryus now

monodlee

Also, just got my first RQ. Some Karin who throws out that jump in special, expecting me to try to punish it. Blew them up the first round. Immediately RQ the second round. How they even got to bronze is beyond me.

I didn't realize the fight doesn't even show up in my records. And the rival search doesn't work at all, so i can't even try to find them the hard way. Really wish i remembered the name.

Its annoying, but im also a little happy im decent enough to make someone rage. Some things can't be bought with
fight
money. This would definitely suck if it happened to me all of the time though. Looking forward to a fix.

Durden77

Got to 47 in Survival hard, and Vega threw me out of every single one of my jumps instantly and ended it.

I like don't even get mad anymore. Survival runs have made me hollow inside.

Did well on the matches that popped up while playing survival. I'm gettijg close to ailver now, hovering around 1700 LP.

Alright so... I'm practicing Necalli crush combos on ken's shoryuken, and some crazy shit here. I'm doing st hk, I take a step, do st hp, mk stomp, cr mp,to lp rush...
Only, instead of mk stomp in the combo, I get his hp dp most of the time. Simple miss-input? You would think, but I put on the input display... And not a single flubbed command, even my directions are on point.
What is this, a bug?

"Only, instead of mk stomp in the combo, I get his hp dp most of the time. Simple miss-input? You would think, but I put on the input display... And not a single flubbed command, even my directions are on point.
What is this, a bug?"

Sounds like you're getting a negative edge DP. In most 2D fighting games, for the purpose of special moves, releasing a button also counts as a button input. The negative edge button input won't be shown on the input display. So it sounds like you're walking forward (which adds the forward input), doing st.hp, then doing quarter-circle forward (releasing HP during this time) and then pressing mk. Since the game sees you as doing a DP motion and then releasing HP, it gives you a HP dp. Try to tap HP and release it ASAP before doing the qcf motion or just hold the HP until you get your mk stomp.

Had good matchmaking tonight, one match after another in ranked and not a single rage quit too.

I look forward to many more nights like this.

"Only, instead of mk stomp in the combo, I get his hp dp most of the time. Simple miss-input? You would think, but I put on the input display... And not a single flubbed command, even my directions are on point.
What is this, a bug?"

Sounds like you're getting a negative edge DP. In most 2D fighting games, for the purpose of special moves, releasing a button also counts as a button input. The negative edge button input won't be shown on the input display. So it sounds like you're walking forward (which adds the forward input), doing st.hp, then doing quarter-circle forward (releasing HP during this time) and then pressing mk. Since the game sees you as doing a DP motion and then releasing HP, it gives you a HP dp. Try to tap HP and release it ASAP before doing the qcf motion or just hold the HP until you get your mk stomp.

Still doing it, but I found a fix. It goes through right if I enter mk stomp a little slower... Ugh, thats going to take so much practice for a real match.
Weirdest thing, I can't make it happen raw. Something about the crush counter is making it happen.

Edit: nvm, you're absolutely right. Guess the hype was too much? Didn't know what the hell I was doing . Thanks Tek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom