• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

btw... who requested Bison + Vega?
j7DPCeB.gif

I'm never touching vega again tbh, because of the number of things he has (claw mask etc) he has like 3x the number of files to modify as anyone else :p

That is the greatest thing I have ever seen. Didn't know Vega would be such a pain :(

I'm very slowly working my way through that but each time I lose to Bison I lose a little bit of what keeps me sane. I can make it to him easily enough but sometimes I just get absolutely annihilated.

Literally 98% of the times I've lost Survival is because I got to lower health than I wanted because of the bullshit input reading and didn't get a high or full health recovery option afterwards.

This mode is just bullshit and I give up.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, suddenely a lot of five bar matches are complete lag fests, that's new to me wtf

I might actually have to stop playing, this is ridiculous.

Constantly hovering around the 1000-1200 mark. Can never quite make it up to Ultra Bronze.

I guess the game's matchmaking is pretty good, seeing as I'm winning about half of my matches and they're always really close, so it's consistently pitching me against people of similar skill. My win percentage was 70% in SFIV.

Speaking of which, is there anywhere where I can see my win percentage? Total hours played?
The stats in my Fighter Profile seem really lacking, and two of the tabs are greyed out, anyone know the deal with that?

Now that this happens to me, I feel a lot less worse about knocking people out of their current ranks.

It's a shame that the game doesn't keep track of how many times you've ranked up / down and how many times you've ranked other people up / down. It must be a few tens of times in my case, altogether.

Earlier today, I had the pleasure (no sarcasm) of playing a Ultra Bronze ranked player with about 1980 points .. they beat me, and ranked up to Silver. A couple of matches later, I meet them again, and this time I manage to beat them, costing them almost 100 points and their Silver rank. I have to admit that I laughed at that.

wamberz1

Heres a couple more gifs i made using after effects keylight. Birdie looked great since his pants are so black.
5CRu65g.gif

And here is Zangief with his magical vanishing Russian belt!
sFNlsul.gif

And bison:
ItqwpIb.gif

Had to use lauras red outfit cause of the greenscreen and even then her feet got a little tinged.
yVjDvBr.gif

I really, really hope we get a mod that turns of the annoying fog around characters feet.

Heres a couple more gifs i made using after effects keylight. Birdie looked great since his pants are so black.
5CRu65g.gif

And here is Zangief with his magical vanishing Russian belt!
sFNlsul.gif

And bison:
ItqwpIb.gif

Had to use lauras red outfit cause of the greenscreen and even then her feet got a little tinged.
yVjDvBr.gif

I really, really hope we get a mod that turns of the annoying fog around characters feet.
Nice one! :D

joekusa

my street fighter 5 career

bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze

2286d1377783306t-almost-had-heart-attack-i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

Maximum near 1200 pl fall to 850 yesterday, now 1000 pl...

MrDaravon

my street fighter 5 career

bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze

Same. I don't know if something is up with the servers today, but half or more of my matches are unplayable laggy shitfests. Losing 4 out of 5 matches 100% because of lag is garbage, just dropped from 1300 to 900 LP. Double checked everything on my end, my settings and connection are rock solid and my matches that aren't laggy are great, and was having no problems last night. No idea what's up.

Xeteh

Literally 98% of the times I've lost Survival is because I got to lower health than I wanted because of the bullshit input reading and didn't get a high or full health recovery option afterwards.

This mode is just bullshit and I give up.

Yeah, the randomness of the supplements and the input reading is just beyond enraging. Telling myself I'll try to react to what Bison does so I wait... he does nothing and then the moment I touch a button he attacks. I've only finished normal with 4 characters, I have so many more to go.

Wallach

btw... who requested Bison + Vega?
j7DPCeB.gif
r3JLSZJ.gif

I'm never touching vega again tbh, because of the number of things he has (claw mask etc) he has like 3x the number of files to modify as anyone else :p

I'll not clutter the thread up anymore today. :)

Amazing, haha. Should probably be FANG instead of Vega though since FANG has such a crush on Bison.

joe2187

Banned
Same. I don't know if something is up with the servers today, but half or more of my matches are unplayable laggy shitfests. Losing 4 out of 5 matches 100% because of lag is garbage, just dropped from 1300 to 900 LP. Double checked everything on my end, my settings and connection are rock solid and my matches that aren't laggy are great, and was having no problems last night. No idea what's up.

Ultra bronze
Ultra Bronze
80LP away from Silver
Ultra Bronze
Super Bronze
Bronze

:(

It's a glitch. Always shows my friends on Main menu or survival. My PS4's in rest mode and I don't even have the disc in it.
I might play later tonight. Working on something and watching Winter brawl rn.

That explains why someones it doesnt work. Thanks for explaining. I will take a break then :)

Ok, modders restored the previous video angles, character portraits and implemented HOT® Ryu (which I couldn't find...) and much more but we aren't going to get the important fix don't we?

In the first shown reveal video Mika and Nadeshko ended the super spreading the legs of Birdie which is now gone.

Did they do it in the pc beta (at least the first one) too?

Hopefully modders will figure out how to implement their own character modles like for SF IV so we can see Q as Bison.

tumblr_o1qwazDMag1s9vniho5_1280.png

Pior Oberson (he created the Q model) previously did that with his Alex model and exchanged it with Abel.

I like that render. Even has the signature dithered shadows

Xeteh

Anyone have any experience with Prima's support? Curious how long I'm going to be waiting for a reply from them. I... just wanna read the guide.

Yudoken

Or remy as guile in the future

we will never see him again am i right? :(

Isn't he really unpopular in comparison with the other 3rtd strike characters (Q, Urien) which aren't announced for the game?

Honestly I don't like him either.

With Nash and Guile i feel the chances are very low,unless they completely change his moves.

Well, he is the only character in SF with a low hitting projectile. He has that going for him.

With V-Triggers/Skills, it'll help differentiate the characters.

Iv just switched to zangief from ryu as my main character and I'm struggling with him. Main issue I'm having is that I can't seem to combo into spd, is it possible?

Coda

I'm glad you still get EXP from playing casual matches. I can't deal with the Ranked pressure anymore.

Also I still can't beat survival Hard with Mika. I get to Birdie and Rashid in the 30 stage range and I get bodied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom