• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
To the novice players wondering whats stopping them from getting some of those 50/50 wins. Learn how to use your medium hits, they are generally super safe and are a good way to get some decent damage from recent range.

So my girlfriend just made me realize I've spent roughly 310 us dollars on sf5. 60 on the digital version to play at midnight on launch, 100 on the collectors edition for the ryu statue and 150 on the rap 4 arcade stick. What have I done?! What's the most you've guys have spent on a single game?

bought my hori a year ago, so not that much :D just the game basically. at least you have a stick for other arcade games now.

Edzi

SFV Bros, I've finally done it. Silver league has been reached.

I'd like to thank Mad Catz, Sony, and all the gaffers who have helped me along the way. I can't wait to immediately rank down in my next match, but at least I've tasted the sweet metallic taste of silver just once.

I think I'll stick to casuals for a while now.

Any good Bipson videos with his frame traps and whatnot? Not really sure what his pressure is and I'm kind of pressing everything

Seems to work just fine against me. -_-

GorillaJu

Okay, I've had enough. WTF can I punish against Bison? I keep losing to every single Bison who spams buttons, even the lower ranked ones.

If theyre just spamming normals use v-reversal to get them off you. Not everything from Bison is safe, by the way.

Tripon

So my girlfriend just made me realize I've spent roughly 310 us dollars on sf5. 60 on the digital version to play at midnight on launch, 100 on the collectors edition for the ryu statue and 150 on the rap 4 arcade stick. What have I done?! What's the most you've guys have spent on a single game?
Got a PC version for $45, PS4 disc for $50, Hori Rap4 Kai for $150, and I had to buy PS+ for $40. I also bought a Hori Commander Fc4 for $45. So I'm around $350 so far. Oh, I can I should throw buying a new PS4, so that's $650 over a course of a year.

Renekton

To the novice players wondering whats stopping them from getting some of those 50/50 wins. Learn how to use your medium hits, they are generally super safe and are a good way to get some decent damage from recent range.
Eh not that safe... you can get crushed by heavy normals. Necallis and Dictator will have a field day.

Edit: oops dic = dictator = bison (evil shadowloo boss)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Depends on the character but I have played like 2 Necallis and one Sim on ranked, I think from 0-500 will have more of the usual characters

Edit: oh right, Dictator, yeah hes a pain

Durden77

Out of all the stuff that's fucked up at launch, I think the most embarrassing thing that I'm very surprised I don't see more people talking about is the stat tracking and how it still doesn't work, at all. It didn't work at all through the betas and 2 weeks after launch it still doesn't.

The sad part is that the stat tracking actually seems super cool. The detail on them is awesome and actually could help players improve their game. But they can't even get ranks to show up on the pre-match screen, so I don't have hopes that the stat stuff will be working anytime soon.

rec0ded1

What's happening in the brain of the average PSN Cammy:

giphy.gif

And when opponents fall into the cymbals unnnhhh so good. Had some satisfying wins today against a Chun and mirror match against higher ranked players. Stopped playing for the day to stay on cloud 9.

KingBroly

Banned
Out of all the stuff that's fucked up at launch, I think the most embarrassing thing that I'm very surprised I don't see more people talking about is the stat tracking and how it still doesn't work, at all. It didn't work at all through the betas and 2 weeks after launch it still doesn't.

The sad part is that the stat tracking actually seems super cool. The detail on them is awesome and actually could help players improve their game. But they can't even get ranks to show up on the pre-match screen, so I don't have hopes that the stat stuff will be working anytime soon.

It's one of those things that a lot of people probably don't realize is there. There are more important things to people that either don't work a lot of the time or simply aren't there.

Unfortunately, Capcom has been silent on most of what they're doing and when they're doing it.

Nekorin

Neo Member

Elite Dangerous. With added Oculus DK2, flight stick and a gtx980 just to make sure it runs well. Worse is I play ED much much lesser than Sf4.

If consider tabletop games, nothing compares to the amount spent on Magic the Gathering.

Xeteh

Anyone can invite me if they want, I'm a garbage tier Cammy on USWest. CFN Xetehlol because Xeteh isn't 6 characters.

Holy shit, I just ranked up to Bronze, back the fuck up scrubs.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anyone can invite me if they want, I'm a garbage tier Cammy on USWest. CFN Xetehlol because Xeteh isn't 6 characters.

Holy shit, I just ranked up to Bronze, back the fuck up scrubs.

I'm done for some games, I'm usually not great vs. cammy.

Durden77

It's one of those things that a lot of people probably don't realize is there. There are more important things to people that either don't work a lot of the time or simply aren't there.
Unfortunately, Capcom has been silent on most of what they're doing and when they're doing it.

People would know it was there if it actually worked. Then people would be talking about it and using it. But yeah as of now I guess it's a "don't work, don't care" thing for a lot of people. Just sucks cause it has a lot of potential.

By the way, are network issues still a thing for people? Because I've had little to no problem finding matches just a few days after launch, and definitely no problems with it after that Monday maintenance. The rage quitting still sucks though, but luckily I haven't gotten many.

Edzi

Any of you guys named Samael on CFN? Just had a few good sets with someone by that name and it sounds kinda familiar.

54-46!

There should be an option to disable matchmaking with Wifi users, I RQ that shit in the first round if I ever come across one of those warping assholes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any of you guys named Samael on CFN? Just had a few good sets with someone by that name and it sounds kinda familiar.

It was me, and youre kinda shit dude

I'm kidding, I'm at work.

Spman2099

If Capcom could give regular updates that would be a huge step in setting things right. I mean, the main game is working pretty nicely at this point. However, I am really hoping that the majority of the problems are a thing of the past a month from now.

Shadoken

Do you guys think Capcom is going to reset rankings after the RQ penalty patch? . I see many videos of Rage quits of people in Gold. But they seem like completely shit players. Seems like they just get up there by only beating Bronze or rookie players and then RQ on anyone half decent.

DigiMish

Do you guys think Capcom is going to reset rankings after the RQ penalty patch? . I see many videos of Rage quits of people in Gold. But they seem like completely shit players. Seems like they just get up there by only beating Bronze or rookie players and then RQ on anyone half decent.

LOL no they would never reset.

Xeteh

Damnit Papercut, stop beating me with every character on the roster!

Edit: Goddamnit I'm gonna lose to my own main. RIP.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Played a guy 3 times in a row, second time I beat him so bad that he just gave up on the second round from the start. Third time he beat me cus he just kept doing those annoying full screen attacks Vega has. I never learned how to counter against that shit in IV and V is the same thing.

Shadoken

Played a guy 3 times in a row, second time I beat him so bad that he just gave up on the second round from the start. Third time he beat me cus he just kept doing those annoying full screen attacks Vega has. I never learned how to counter against that shit in IV and V is the same thing.

Generally any char can beat wall dive by just jumping and hitting with a jumping normal that hits upwards. Like Nash MP for example.

Where's Rog? How long do I have to play with Bison?

Most likely hes coming in April or May.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm quitting out on my only win because I have to pee so bad.

GG, thanks for destroying every bit of confidence I have.

Eh, I wouldn't take it so hard, a lot of those rounds were close. Fighting games like this are about constant improvement anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom